“Simply the BEST!”

Sleepy Hollow Lodge
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Burney
Sleepy Hollow Lodge
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Burney
Pacifica
“Simply the BEST!”
Reviewed 25 April 2011

I've stayed at the Sleepy Hollow Lodge everytime I get a chance to get to Burney (avg 3x a year) and I just LOVE it. I travel with my three German Shepherds and always get a warm welcome as soon as we pull into the driveway.

The service is wonderful, the rooms are spotless and the location is perfect. I'm looking foward to our next trip in June. For anyone traveling this way I would highly recommend staying at the Sleepy Hollow Lodge.

Rosa

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
  • Stayed October 2010
5 Thank momto3gsds

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed 15 January 2011

Wonderful charming hotel. Ran by the most adorable English couple....I loved this place. Will stay there again!

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank Runamoking
California
Reviewed 6 October 2010

We booked this hotel based on the good reviews on this site. We were somewhat disappointed (the other two hotels on the same trip was very pleasant, thanks to tripadvisor).
On the positive side, the hotel is at the quiet side of the town, no noise.
But the room can use some much needed repair, also the bathroom construction (wall, tile etc) looks like built by amateur's apprentice.
2. The toilet although has a sealed paper "sanitized" clearly can use some scrub. The sink not sure if it's dirty or has many paint drops, doesn't give you sense of "cleaniness" either. 3. The shower ceiling is very low, if you're 6 feet tall, you probably can't stand straight.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank CaliforniaGirl012
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 14 September 2010

I must say when you are traveling a long distance and you are exhausted, you might habitually look for a well known hotel chain because you might think it's a safe bet. Well I can assure you that bigger is not better! I recently took a road trip and found myself driving well into the night. I told myself the first motel I see..I'm stopping. I did just that and I found myself at Sleepy Hollow Lodge. I am pleased to say that the manager was very nice even though it was late and the rooms were VERY affordable. At first I was so tired that I didn't bother to take in all the beauty that surrounded the charming place but when I walked into the room I was pleasantly surprised at how clean and warm the room was without that stale musty motel smell! I had all the room amenities right there at my fingertips. The beds were extremely comfortable and fresh with great decor. I will definately stay again!!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Bella2010_10
Vallejo, California
Reviewed 7 September 2010

When I checked in I had requested no pet/no smoking room. The comforter was so old and faded, there were big holes at the seems, a big cigarette hole and long pet hair all over it. When I asked about it she stated I was in the wrong room and was moved. The shower ceiling is about 6' high. I am 5' 10" so i'll let you figure that one out. If your taller be careful. There was water running out from under the sink and the sink base smelled of mold and was buckeled up. The air conditioning struggled to keep the room cool. Good thing it was not hot. The office is newly renovated with lost of nice things. She should of spent some of it on room updates to make the guests happy. I'd rather have a nice room than a nice check in. This place is so outdated even I was shocked. Big holes in the bathroom sink tile. No ice machine. You have to ask her for a very small container she keeps in her freezer. I was awaken around 3 or 4 am to a banging noise on the wall. I believe it was my neighbors. Location was good though, on the quiet side of town. I suggest the Shasta Pines. Recently renovated. Just keep an eye on your credit card charges........Oh, one last thing. She told me I was getting the lowest rate in town. While riding around down town I stopped at Shasta Pines and they quoted me a lower rate than she gave me. Let me know how your stay is.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank burchman3
Redding, California
Reviewed 28 August 2010

This hotel was clean, comfortable. The staff was very friendly and are very knowledgeable about Burney and the surrounding areas. The hotel is located in a very picturesque spot, surrounded by many trees and wildlife. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who needs to stay in Burney or the area. It is a short drive from this hotel to the beautiful Burney Falls, a popular tourist attraction. The staff makes a great cup of tea!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank cteague66
Caldwell, Idaho
Reviewed 23 August 2010

me my husband and our 2 sons stayed at the sleepy hollow lodge..the stay was excelent, it was the cheapest and nicest place out of all the hotels, the Owner was so warm and caring, my husband and oldest son went fishing so me and my youngest were there past check out and she was going to let us stay! She even feeds the foxes! wonderfull place!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family