“Excellent Stay !!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Wasco, California
“Excellent Stay !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Excellent Stay!!!
We stayed in Econolodge at Buttonwillow as it was near to our work place and we needed nice deal for our extended stay. After shopping around with nearby hotels we finalized on this one because the rates for extended stay was a steal. When we say steal we really meant it $160 for a week with all the modern amenities in the room. Also various restaurants are nearby to choose from and gas station next door. Motel is immaculately clean , pool was always clean too. Morning breakfast was much more we expected at this price - different cereals, milk, coffee, breads, waffle, juices and honey buns.
We stayed for 2 weeks and will return whenever work gets us to this area.
Before I forget all the staff members were pleasant and will go extra mile to assist you !!!
Stay here if your passing by I5 or have work nearby !!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Charles H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Oroville, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

I arrived in the late evening to what appeared to be a near empty hotel and was told that no ground floor rooms were available. I was given a second floor room that smelled like it had been closed up for months. The bed was worn out and smelled pretty bad.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank RegularCustomer23
econolodgeinnandsuit, Webmaster at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Guest,

I apologize that your late arrival did not allow for a ground floor room. Some rooms may have been out of service for repairs or deep cleaning when you arrived. We won’t rent a room that isn’t in good condition. While we haven’t had any other reports of odor problems or bedding issues, we will recheck our second floor rooms and address any issues we find. We’re constantly cleaning, repairing and improving to make sure every guest is satisfied. For any ways we failed you, I’m genuinely sorry.

Hotel Manager.

Travellers are raving about these Buttonwillow hotels

Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

I enjoyed staying at this motel. We had a suite which was very clean and quite affordable in price. There was lots of space, and the kids went in the pool. Their wifi worked well, which is a must for me because I work online. I really liked their breakfast too. I would definitely come back again on my way back.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank emily f
Citrus Heights, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

No, this isn't a review of a long forgotten Spencer Tracey movie. This is an actual story about a hotel that exists this very day, The only reason I'm giving it 2 stars is because I always thought that people who gave 1 star reviews were congenital malcontents. Now I know better. This hotel is 1/2 way between San Diego and home in N. Cal. Since it is part of the Choice Hotels family and there was no Comfort Inn or Quality Inn I picked this hotel expecting it to be the best of the Buttonwillow hotels. We were disappointed. We had a "suite" which actually consists of 2 former rooms with an opening cut in the wall between with one room serving as a bedroom and the other as a living room. Not a bad concept but in this case it was poorly executed. I don't know if the owners did the remodel themselves or if they just didn't want to pay for a quality job. This "suite" still has both exterior doors from the original 2 rooms as well as many uneven wall/ceiling irregularities where walls formerly stood. In addition, the carpet was not only extremely dirty but appeared not to have been vacuumed as there was litter present. The Wi-Fi service did not work and even though I made a second request, management was either unable or unwilling to correct the problem. I resorted to going to the local McDonald's where the Wi-Fi works very well. But, like any good movie, there was some comedy relief. There were 2 televisions , one in the living room area and another in the sleeping area. They were both set at the same remote control frequency so when the person in the sleeping area changed the channel on 1 TV it also changed the channel on the TV in the living room area. Spencer Tracey never had it this bad.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GrandfatherFrog
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. We take pride in the quality of our rooms, and I’m sincerely sorry if we fell short of your expectations in any way. I apologize for any lapses in cleanliness or maintenance. We work every day to make this property better and better. While hundreds of guests each week are satisfied, we’re sorry we can’t meet everyone’s expectations on every occasion even though we strive for 100 percent satisfaction.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

Convenient location next to i5.
Check in staff friendly & helpful.
Room basic but noisy. Heating didn't work properly so room was cold. Budget hotel but not good value for money. Cleanliness could be better.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
econolodgeinnandsuit, Webmaster at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for commenting. I’m sorry that the room you were assigned didn’t meet your needs. We could have moved you if the heater was broken, but we haven’t had any other reports of a broken heater. We strive to provide the best possible combination of value and amenities, and I’m sorry if we fell short in your estimation. I hope you’ll give us another try. We work to make this place better and better every day, and I believe it shows.

Thanks,
Vacaville
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Seldom have I experienced rooms that smelled worse than these. They tried to mask the moldy smell by "covering" the rooms with air freshner. When this was brought to staffs attention we were told all motels do this and this was our problem. When we asked for a refund we were told no. When I asked the lady attendant for a card and her name, she became rude. I did not understand her name and when I asked her to please spell it. She rudely said, "Don't you know how to spell.". I would rather keep driving or sleeping a rest stop than stay in this establishment. with the help of corporate Member Services we were able to get the charges reversed.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank shefnmary
econolodgeinnandsuit, Webmaster at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with us during your last visit.

We also appreciate the effort you have taken to give us review and we take them quite seriously towards improvement.

We are sorry for the inconvenience you had whatsoever.

The Staff received additional training in the courteous, helpful manner in which our valued guests are to be treated.

The entire issue related to the cleanliness and other hygiene related problem in the room has been investigated. Appropriate steps have been taken and this will never happen again.

We hope you will make a note of this and shall choose us once again when you visit our area and see the change.

Sincerely
Hotel Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buttonwillow
BEST WESTERN Heritage Inn
Days Inn Lost Hills
#1 of 2 in Lost Hills
Homewood Suites by Hilton Bakersfield
Ramada Limited Bakersfield North

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!