The Good Night Inn was recommended to us by my sister whose daughter studies in Pepperdine. Since the main purpose of our visit was to be with my niece, this hotel seemed perfect. Aside from it being just a ten minute drive from Pepperdine, as the front office manager, Randall, had said when we checked in, "it is the best deal in town". It surely was! We booked two rooms for a three-week stay (January 24-February 11) and this did not bust our budget at all!
First impressions matter. And with the no fuss check-in with Randall, I knew my sister had recommended a good hotel! Randall during the whole duration of our stay was most accommodating and provided us with excellent service. This goes for the entire hotel staff from the room attendants; Mike; the staff who were at the front desk when Randall was not around; with only one exception, Christine, whom we never met until check-out, was extremely rude & lacking in any kind of decent customer relations. She singlehandedly managed to make us feel that indeed this was a budget hotel. Christine was extremely disrespectful, referring to me as "your woman" while speaking to my husband. She was the only glitch during our entire stay. She could have handled the situation (confusion on the late check out time promised to us by Randall) with respect & dignity.
Rooms were spacious enough. The room with king size bed (Rm#102) had a microwave & a mini ref. The room with two queen size beds (Rm#109) only had a mini ref. However, the hotel provided a microwave in the Coffee Room for those who might have a need for it. The room attendants always kept our rooms spic & span, and always replenished our toiletries.
Free coffee available until 12NN (to be more environmentally friendly, please try to bring your own mugs to avoid using the disposable paper cups that are provided for).
The hotel also has a Laundry Room making it ideal for a long term stay!
It is great to have Albertson's just right beside the hotel too, especially since the grocery opens as early as 5AM and does not close until 12MN.
There is also Sharky's which is a good Mexican place, aside from the fast food joints like McDonald's, Jack in the Box, Domino's, Taco Bell. Gas Stations, a Post Office, Starbuck's, Coco's Restaurant & Bakery are close by too.
The hotel is ideally located -- easy driving to The Oaks, The Commons, The Promenade, just to name a few of the nice places to shop & eat!
Our Lady of Malibu Catholic Church is also just a ten minute drive.
My sister was right about The Good Night Inn. We would definitely stay here again on our next visit (hoping Christine is no longer around to ruin it all)!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome To Good Nite Inn Calabasas Near Malibu, Santa Monica and LA A Cozy and Affordable Hotel in Calabasas Only a short drive away from Malibu, Pepperdine University, Santa Monica and bustling LA: an ideal spot for an affordable and cozy stay. Upon arriving, you will discover warm and inviting rooms that look over a wide, elongated pool. Apart from a friendly staff and a clean environment, guests at the Good Nite Inn hotel in Calabasas enjoy complimentary morning coffee and tea in the Lobby, guest laundry services, and relaxing, Calabasas accommodations with spacious beds, flat screen TV with variety of cable channels, and Free wireless internet. Free parking is available, limited to one vehicle per room. We apologize for the inconvenience, no oversized trucks, trailers, or recreational vehicles are permitted. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Good Nite Inn - Calabasas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Good Nite Inn - Calabasas Hotel Calabasas
- Good Nite Hotel Calabasas