“Perfect stay except for.”

Good Nite Inn - Calabasas
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Calabasas
Reviewed 2 March 2014

The Good Night Inn was recommended to us by my sister whose daughter studies in Pepperdine. Since the main purpose of our visit was to be with my niece, this hotel seemed perfect. Aside from it being just a ten minute drive from Pepperdine, as the front office manager, Randall, had said when we checked in, "it is the best deal in town". It surely was! We booked two rooms for a three-week stay (January 24-February 11) and this did not bust our budget at all!
First impressions matter. And with the no fuss check-in with Randall, I knew my sister had recommended a good hotel! Randall during the whole duration of our stay was most accommodating and provided us with excellent service. This goes for the entire hotel staff from the room attendants; Mike; the staff who were at the front desk when Randall was not around; with only one exception, Christine, whom we never met until check-out, was extremely rude & lacking in any kind of decent customer relations. She singlehandedly managed to make us feel that indeed this was a budget hotel. Christine was extremely disrespectful, referring to me as "your woman" while speaking to my husband. She was the only glitch during our entire stay. She could have handled the situation (confusion on the late check out time promised to us by Randall) with respect & dignity.
Rooms were spacious enough. The room with king size bed (Rm#102) had a microwave & a mini ref. The room with two queen size beds (Rm#109) only had a mini ref. However, the hotel provided a microwave in the Coffee Room for those who might have a need for it. The room attendants always kept our rooms spic & span, and always replenished our toiletries.
Free coffee available until 12NN (to be more environmentally friendly, please try to bring your own mugs to avoid using the disposable paper cups that are provided for).
The hotel also has a Laundry Room making it ideal for a long term stay!
It is great to have Albertson's just right beside the hotel too, especially since the grocery opens as early as 5AM and does not close until 12MN.
There is also Sharky's which is a good Mexican place, aside from the fast food joints like McDonald's, Jack in the Box, Domino's, Taco Bell. Gas Stations, a Post Office, Starbuck's, Coco's Restaurant & Bakery are close by too.
The hotel is ideally located -- easy driving to The Oaks, The Commons, The Promenade, just to name a few of the nice places to shop & eat!
Our Lady of Malibu Catholic Church is also just a ten minute drive.
My sister was right about The Good Night Inn. We would definitely stay here again on our next visit (hoping Christine is no longer around to ruin it all)!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank TGMmla

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I stayed here for a couple nights when I was working in LA, and my rental apartment had a flooding situation, and I needed somewhere cheap to crash for a few nights while the repairs were being done. So, I honestly wasn't looking for much other than a bed and a safe neighborhood. What I did get however was the one and only case of bedbugs I've ever had. My arms and legs were completely torn up, red, and swollen, and when I showed the manager at the desk what had happened, she couldn't have been ruder. Her response was to accuse me of having something medically wrong w/ me, and to go into the room and pull up the sheet and say 'no bugs!' (as if bedbugs were huge things you could see). I left that day, and was able to cancel the nights I didn't stay, but unable to get refunded for the night I was eaten alive. I mean, obviously if you're staying here, you're not expecting much, but do yourself a favor and drop a few more $$$ for something better and healthier.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
7  Thank kvn1029
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I'm normally not one to leave reviews, but after yesterday's incident I feel the need to warn others to stay far away. I booked a month here for a place to stay while enjoying the warm weather and searching for a home. Upon arrival, I immediately discovered I was lied to about the free internet (it's actually $5 a day), jacuzzi (which was boarded up), and fridge in our room (we got a styrofoam cooler, which was cracked down the side). The place was cheap so I decided to bear it and not say anything. The room smelled funky and I wiped what looked like blood off the wall in our room? Again, cheap....whatever. The next day I went to the lobby to get change for the washer & dryer, and ended up walking to a nearby grocery store instead due to the rudeness of the lady at the desk. During my stay I have now been approached by two separate individuals looking to sell drugs. The real cherry on top was when I woke up to find yellow paint scratched all over my bumper, i went to the lady at the desk asking about the local police and she told me to just buff it out!! Are you kidding me? Of course the place doesn't have cameras so I will be paying for a new paint job out of my own pocket, whatever. The place is cheap but don't even waste your money or you risk losing a whole lot more. I paid for a whole month, we haven't even made it a week and are checking out in the morning.

• Stayed: January 2014
4  Thank Chels337
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

First motel stop of the trip , smallest room of all of the hotels we stopped at but clean . Looks nice from the outside , not so keen on the inside but I guess at 45 bucks was ok . Clean , safe and a really helpful lady of reception - just let down a bit by the room size ..... Apart from that - no complaints and all round good value

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RandKMidlands
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Stay away from this place. I prepaid for this room via hotwire and the hotel refused to honor my reservation. Despite that this was prepaid, they still wanted a credit card for incidental charges, which would be fine, except they wanted to actually charge it. Given the other reviews of this place and the dumpy looking lobby, I didn't want to authorize any additional charges. So I said I'd give them cash, which they refused. I've been staying in Motels for years and have never had a problem giving cash in lieu of a credit card as long as it was the same amount as the room rate. I just get the cash back in the morning. None the less, this place is lousy and looks pretty tired, I would stay on the road and look elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank David O
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Stayed at the Good Nite Inn in Calabasas this past weekend. Our ground floor room was basic, but clean. It lacked refrigerator and nightstands, but the bed was comfortable, the sheets were clean and the room was generally well maintained. The AC/Heater unit was relatively modern, but a bit loud for the size of the room. There was a moderately sized LCD TV in the room and a single chair and desk. The outside door had some sizable gaps permitting light/air/noise to enter from outside. Our room was away from US 101 and we were not disturbed by noise from the freeway. We used the laundry facility during our stay... the laundry room seemed a bit aged and along with the appliances, could stand a thorough cleaning. WiFi is available but not included; we did not purchase WiFi services during our stay.

This is Basic, Cheap Accommodation. The staff were professional, even friendly when interacting with me. Housekeeping did not steal our stuff.

Paid WiFi? Come on guys, Free WiFi is the standard now. Some general maintenance with the fit/finish of the doors and other fixtures would be helpful

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from US 101 to avoid noise from the highway