“Great Vibe -- ideal location...”
Review of The Anza Hotel

The Anza Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Calabasas
burbank, ca
“Great Vibe -- ideal location...”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed here a whole week, while our kitchen was being remodeled. Really liked it. Great little hotel, great staff. You can't beat walking to restaurants like Peddlers Fork and "Six". And nice little policy: if you don't want maid service any day, they give you $5. We got a kick out of that.

• Stayed May 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
wakefield
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Arrived at 6pm check it was easy and staff were friendly. I had requested a room which wasn't facing the motorway as this was noted, we had a room facing the pool nice and quiet and easy to get a good enough nights sleep. Beds were comfortable. The room was well decorated and done a good level of standard. I can't comment on the food in the café as we never ate there. But there is restaurants and cafes very close by which are nice to eat at. Car parking is $5 per night it can get very busy especially if your not coming back till night time but we always managed to get a spot. Lovely location I would recommend to anyone coming to Calabasas to stay here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jadehirst8
Carlsbad, California
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Let me preface this review by stating that after staying in many hotels for business trips and vacations over the years, the Anza far surpassed any expectations I arrived with. From the spacious and comfortable rooms, to the gorgeous remodel that offers a spa-like atmosphere, the Anza does not disappoint! I was travelling close to Easter weekend, and expected to be dealing with the assumed frustrations associated with travelling around the holidays, however the Anza made this experience unexpectedly easy and enjoyable. My room was clean and ready upon arrival, and the outstanding customer service I received was greatly appreciated! The young woman working at the front desk, Chelsie(?), I believe, was extremely friendly and hospitable. Not only was she very willing to answer all of my questions without making me feel like a bother, she was also extremely knowledgeable about the hotel and all of the amenities they offer. Adding to this pleasurable experience, Chelsie recommended a restaurant for my wife and myself to try out, and shared with us all of the local, Calabasas "hot spots." In my experience travelling, it has been difficult to find good customer service but Chelsie's attitude reflected a genuine concern and care for our experience at the Anza which was greatly appreciated. Furthermore, after settling into our room we realized we would need some extra towels and after travelling all day we decided to phone down to the front desk to see if they could be delivered. The young man I spoke with, Gabe(?), I believe, answered the phone promptly and was more than happy to have these delivered. I finished our conversation by asking Gabe some questions about the city to which he answered each one and also did not make me feel like a bother. Overall, the rest of our stay was relaxing and again, surpassed all of our expectations. I would recommend the Anza to anyone looking for a classy, hospitable place in the Calabasas area. Two thumbs up to the Anza, well done!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
An American in Singapore
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My girl friends and I stayed here overnight because we were going to the Malibu winery. From the minute I called, Chelsea was very friendly, helped us get a locals discount and book a cab for us to the winery. We didn't ask for much but any time we did, the staff was accommodating and very friendly. I would definitely recommend this hotel. (Though I wouldn't recommend the Sagebrush Cantina next door. The food and service were pretty bad! But the Peddler's Fork for breakfast was fantastic!)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Restaurant has a limited menu that half the stuff on it they are out of..... Never seen more customers told no so many time in 3 days. Then a movie with a sex seen was on while my kids and I ate bagels the morning. Also barking dogs aloud in restaurant/bar? Annoying bar closed all afternoon til 5pm. What a waist.

• Stayed May 2014
Genarro M, General Manager at The Anza Hotel, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Pinger21
We are very pleased that you liked the rooms at the Anza hotel. However I do wish to apologize for what appears to be limited menu options during your visit. We diligently strive to ensure that our Graze Bistro has all advertised items at all times. I also apologize if there was an age inappropriate scene on the Bistro TV. We do have only basic cable available on those televisions and they should always be tuned into news such a CNN or Sports Such as Sports Center. We are also a pet friendly hotel but never allow barking dogs in the bar area. I will work closely with the Anza team to ensure this situation does not occur again in the future. Thank you for your valuable feedback.
Moscow, Idaho, United States
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This was a nice hotel in downtown Calabasas. We only stayed for 1 nite but I like the decor and it was really clean. Nice staff and I would recommend this hotel! The only negative was a power outage when we were checking out - all the alarms were going off and some people didn't know what was happening... But I would go back !

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Co
Reviewed 9 May 2014

The good: staff, location, rooms, easy to recycle (plastic, glass, paper, water, etc), safe are to walk your dogs, rain shower head, modern design, flat-screen tv, coffee maker, value, clean
The not as good: water pressure is not so great, but there's a drought so..., elevator is slow, $5 parking is suited for tiny cars, tiny fridge barely drops below room temp and even tinier part for freezing doesn't do anything of the sort, even facing away from freeway you can still hear traffic, although it's more of a constant humm

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Nati310
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calabasas
Good Nite Inn - Calabasas
#3 of 3 in Calabasas
Malibu
Malibu Beach Inn
Malibu Beach Inn
#1 of 6 in Malibu
Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel
#3 of 3 in Agoura Hills

Been to The Anza Hotel? Share your experiences!