“Anza Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Calabasas
Irvine, California
“Anza Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Really happy with the hotel, service was good. The room was beautifully appointed and clean. Even the bed and the bedding was comfortable. I really appreciated that they encouraged recycling. I plan on staying here again the next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
Delray Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

room was very nice. amenities were ok but sparse. stick with kleenex tissues. the other generic tissue was poor. no amenities in the bathroom like q-tips, mouthwash, etc. service in the room was fine except for Sunday. we left the room early and came back at 3:30. the room was still not made up.

Room Tip: stick with quality amenities and not generic products. I know they're less expensive but doesn...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Genarro M, General Manager at The Anza Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for choosing the Anza Hotel on your recent trip to Calabasas and thank you for taking time to do a second review on the property as we love to hear from our repeat guest. I do apologize that your room was not made up until after 3:30 on Sunday during your visit. Our housekeeping team works very hard to ensure that all of our guests receive timely service during each and every day of the stay. I would like to mention that we do use Kleenex brand facial tissues in all of our rooms so if you had an off brand in your room during the visit I assure you that is not the normal product. We hope to see you again in the near future as we are still striving to provide you with a five star experience.
San Diego, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I BOOKED AND PAID THRU EXPEDIA. On arrival at the Hotel they acknowledged the stay was paid and asked for my credit card info as security.
When I arrived home, I was surprised to see that THE ANZA HOTEL had also charged my Credit Card for the stay.
I phoned Expedia (The Agent) who apologized and advised me a credit would be placed on my card by the Anza Hotel who acknowledged that they had double charged my Credit Card.
The Credit came thru for considerably less than what was charged.
When I Called THE NEW ANZA CALABASIS I was put thru to the Accountant. I advised him what happened and that I did not agree with his accounting to which he replied. "IF YOU DONT LIKE THE WAY WE DO BUSINESS THEN DONT STAY AT OUR HOYELS AGAIN. He then put the phone down on me. I phoned EXPEDIA who apologized and credited me from their commission.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Harvey T
Genarro M, Front Office Manager at The Anza Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Harvey T,
I am very sorry that our team double charged you during your recent visit. I have already reached out to you personally in order to apply the remaining balance of your refund on behalf of the Anza Hotel. Under no circumstance is it our protocol to advise a guest “that if they do not like our method of doing business then don’t stay at our hotel.” We highly value each and every one of our guest and you are certainly no exception to this rule. We will use your valuable feedback as a training tool to ensure that none of our guest ever again leaves the hotel with the feeling that we do not highly value their patronage.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Great locale with restaurants and even a grocery within walking distance. Coffee and snacks available at the hotel. We even walked to the farmers market.

Our room overlooked the freeway but we never heard a sound.

Staff could use some training. Just not up to the quality of hotel. Seemed as though they were understaffed.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Fresno, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Last minute trip to Los Angeles and while searching for a good deal somewhat close to Universal Studios (within 20 miles), came across this hotel in Calabasas. Amazing value for the money. Until booking this place I wasn't exactly sure where Calabasas was. Its kinda halfway between Hollywood and Malibu. The hotel is located right of the 101 Freeway and just next to the very cute downtown Calabasas. Onsite parking is $5 per night, a bargain in LA and check in was quick. It is a good sized hotel with a very boutique feel to it. I believe it was just recently remodeled and is quite nice in muted colors. The room is one of the largest I've ever stayed in. There is a desk perfect work getting some work done if needed, as well as flat screen tv, fridge, microwave (hidden beneath wet bar style sink so as not to appear weekly rental motel like, iron and ironing board. There is also a rather large closet. There are outlets connected to the side of the night stands which makes it very convenient to charge phones and still allowing them to be used in bed.
The bathroom was surprisingly small considering the size of the room, but beautifully done. Not much counter space on the sink though. There is a large walk in shower which is only half enclosed in glass and seems just a bit messy as far as allowing water to come onto the bathroom floor but since the shower head is the rain type not as bad as I expected. A hair dryer is supplied.
There is a heated pool (didn't try so not sure how well it is heated, this part of LA does not get particularly hot, we were there when it was 103 degrees in central California and only in the 70's here). Small bar which doubles as a coffee place in the morning is located in the lobby. Also noticed two computers in the lobby. Pet friendly, saw a couple of people with small dogs.
We had a room on the third floor facing the freeway and although you can hear the traffic a bit it is in no way enough to disturb your sleep or affect your enjoyment of the room.
We will definitely put this property on the top of our list next time we visit the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank jwilbourn65
Temecula
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

I was looking for a place for our family to stay in near the 101 in the San Fernando Valley area and found Anza. The single night fee is a great value and I was thrilled to have them work with me on a long term stay rate.

The property is newly re-modeled and they did a great job. The food at the cafe is fresh and inexpensive.

I did ask for a room away from the freeway and was given on over the pool and parking lot. I am a light sleeper and did not hear any outside noise, which was great.

Service was friendly every step of the way.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the freeway if you are a light sleeper. While we didn't stay in one, the...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TiffanyRom75
Woodbury, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Wonderful hotel in a great location for Pepperdine! It was so nice to get up and walk to breakfast. I loved the location as it was a very easy drive to Malibu and to Pepperdine. It is located about 15 mins from campus.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calabasas
Good Nite Inn - Calabasas
#3 of 3 in Calabasas
Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel
#3 of 3 in Agoura Hills
Malibu
Malibu Beach Inn
Malibu Beach Inn
#1 of 6 in Malibu

Been to The Anza Hotel? Share your experiences!