“Lovely rooms and dcor but.....”
Review of The Anza Hotel

The Anza Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Calabasas
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The relatively recently modelled Anza has some lovely room and is in a nice location. There is a nice coffee shop with a small selection of good food.The only issues were petty but worth mentioning. There is only one toilet roll in each room, the hotel computers were very slow - nearly 20 minutes to check in a flight and newly introduced parking charges.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,235)

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Excellent location and quiet for sleeping late. I would recommend this Hotel to anyone I know. The shopping in the area is close and has several stores to choose from. The easy access to the freeway makes this a plus.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BHATDL L
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My bicycle club from Phoenix, AZ went to CA to ride the Grand Tour Double Century starting in Malibu. We took a chance on this hotel as none of us had ever stayed in Calabasas. The rooms are very large and very nice. We loved the location as there were good restaurants within a block of the hotel. Everyone said they wanted to stay here again next year!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jim P
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I like how the Anza is located within walking distance of a few nice restaurants this left our night dinning options open, especially because we did not want to drive anymore. The young lady at the front desk, Chelsea was so friendly and helpful, she told us about those restaurants and what foods they served. It is extremely important to have a good welcome. She made us feel just that! She was able to set the mood for our night there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laura M
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My husband and I had a flood and had to look for a hotel, while our house was to be worked on. Thankfully, I found The Anza and we stayed here for three weeks. This was our third flood in a year and I was so upset I was going to have to live in a hotel again while our house was being worked on. During our two previous floods I stayed in two other hotels in the area (The Marriott and Staybridge) and those didn't compare to The Anza. This hotel is beautifully decorated, the staff is incredibly friendly and this hotel is dog friendly .. I have a Yorkie that was staying with us, as well. I was able to bring my dog everywhere within the hotel, which I appreciated. They have a great fitness center, pool, comfortable bed, happy hour everyday in the lobby and it's centrally located in Calabasas, so I was able to walk to all the different restaurants and shops. Other than the hotel being beautiful... what made the stay so great was the amazing staff! Eddie and Meschelle at the front restaurant/bar became our friends over the past three weeks - they both always greeted my husband and I with a smile and had such great attitudes and always gave us quick and amazing service. Zoe was another person that made our stay enjoyable, she is very professional and was helpful with all the questions we had in regards to the hotel and food options within the hotel. I came home to a beautifully cleaned room after work each day, thanks to our friendly housekeeper Mariam. Whenever I saw Mariam in the hallway, she always said hello with a big smile on her face and always made sure I had everything I needed. I was actually sad to leave this time around when our stay was up. I 100% recommend this hotel to anyone that is staying in the area!

Room Tip: If you have a dog, ask to stay on the first floor... That is the dog friendly floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank j_silvie
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

A wonderful place to stay...rooms are nice and spacious and beautifully decorated. ..love the little cafe within the hotel, which offers a nice array of foods and specialty coffees...we were so pleased with the friendly staff, Chelsae was such a pleasant girl, and was so sweet to help us out on information as where to enjoy dinning out at...We look forward to our next getaway and staying at the Anza Hotel

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Janine B
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Good location if visiting Pepperdine, also walking distance to old town Calabasas and the Commons, with a lovely small path up to it from the corner. Beds were comfortable and slept great. We had the highway side, but aside from no view it wasn't bothersome. A small place to eat and get a drink off the lobby but had some nice stuff to choose from. A good, inexpensive choice if in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calabasas
Good Nite Inn - Calabasas
#3 of 3 in Calabasas
South San Fernando Valley
Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles
Malibu
Malibu Beach Inn
Malibu Beach Inn
#1 of 6 in Malibu

Been to The Anza Hotel? Share your experiences!