“It looked odd, so I had to check it out”

Los Angeles Pet Memorial Park
Ranked #7 of 10 things to do in Calabasas
More attraction details
Owner description: Visit the burial sites of celebrity pets.
Denver, Colorado
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“It looked odd, so I had to check it out”
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I stumbled across this by accident and just had to go through. I've never seen such a huge pet cemetery. Somehow, it just goes with the Los Angeles and southern California feel of things. Seriously, where else would people get so elaborate with the passing of their beloved animals? Or where can you have find an animal cemetery that may have better headstones than I will when I'm finally pushing up daises!? SoCal of course! Not sure what the plots cost, but it peaks my interest. Could be a good spot to catch a movie star paying their respects to the departed too. Yes, odd morbid, yet kinda cool all at once

Visited October 2011
2 Thank TronKohlhagen

North Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“If you're into quirky tourist sites, this is a good place to stop.”
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I found out about the pet cemetery on Roadsideamerica.com and thought I'd check it out. I was staying at the Hilton Garden Inn across the 101 and it wasn't too far away. The cemetery is huge and it's a nice peaceful area to walk around. There aren't really any celebrity pets, or at least there weren't any that I could find.

The other reviews here are from people who buried pets there. I'm a tourist from Minnesota and I found it interesting, but not too terribly noteworthy. There are a few unique tombstones and a lion buried there. Check it out if you have an hour and are looking for a good walk and some interesting viewing.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank JGski
Los Angeles, California
“Quirkly Attraction in LA”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

It's a long drive out to Calabasas from L.A., but if you're looking for an off beat excursion, with a pet theme, this is pretty good. It's a beautiful park-like cemetary, but all the 'residents' are animals..... and all kinds lions, cats, dogs, birds, etc. Sweet tributes and tombstones for pets with all kinds of names and messages. I recall one dog's gravesite 'barked' when we approached it. Be respectful of course, but this is a one of kind place in L.A.

Visited May 2011
Oxnard, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wonderful care for our Dog Misty”
Reviewed 26 January 2008

Los Angeles Pet Memorial Park is a wonderful place to give your pet a send off. Services by their staff was excellent providing compassion to our family for our loss. Our dog died at home and we carried her to the park the day before viewing and cremation having her placed in cold storage for viewing the next day. They will even pick up your pet if local. We used one of their slumber room that is very well equipped for a small group and have a wonderful viewing and service. They have a CD player in their room but we brought our own audio system so I could use my Ipod.

Price was very reasonable. We were charged $175 for viewing and cremation for our 90 lb dog. Cremation prices are based on the animals weight. Although, expect to wait hours for the cremation to be complete. We went shopping and came back later to pick up our dog's ashes. If you want to stay, the grounds are beautiful and a tour is recommended. They have a great assortment of urns and caskets as well but they are optional.

3 Thank kalerga