“Have to brag on Rankin Ranch a little more” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rankin Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Caliente
Rankin Ranch
Sherman Oaks
“Have to brag on Rankin Ranch a little more”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2011

To update my earlier review I wanted to share how wonderful the Rankins were a month ago when I celebrated my 60th birthday at the ranch. I had invited around 25 people to come up to the ranch for the Sunday barbecue/hayride and to spend the afternoon celebrating. 10 of the guests were staying over at least Sunday night, the rest were just coming up for the day on Sunday. Sunday morning dawned dreary, chilly and a bit damp and the Rankins were afraid that heading to the meadow for the barbecue would be a miserable experience for all. I let my friends know that we might not be doing the hayride/barbecue and would just be eating in the dining room and if they didn't want to make the 2+ hour drive I'd fully understand. The Rankins not only arranged for a hayride up to the family cemetery for my guests and the others staying at the ranch but also conducted a tour of the original ranch house and shared the history of the ranch with all my friends. They also had a birthday cake made for my party and went out of their way to help my friends set up the party in the rec room.

One other piece of information to share - this was our first time staying in the Chimo deluxe room. As my friends and I said, once you go Chimo you can't go back. We loved the cabins, have stayed there for 12 plus years very comfortably. But just the view alone is worth the extra money the Chimo costs, much less the refrigerator, microwave, extra space, two convertible sofas, etc. etc. etc.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Dianeinla

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Cheshire.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2011

I don't know where to start! Everything was perfect. The people, the place, the Rankin family & helpers, the horses, the peace & quiet. We didn't know what to expect, and could not have been more impressed. We are not riders, but had fantastic times going into the canyons,places we would not normailly see. Our 8 year old daughter chose here over Disney, good decision.We were the only Brits there, and it felt good to be seeing some "real" America after LA. We had the best nights sleep on the ranch over the rest of our 3 week trip to California. i was surprised to be emotional when it was time to leave. I really did not want to go. It felt like leaving friends. I hope we can make it back one day.I also hope the Ranch never changes. It is the perfect size now, the right amount of people to get to know. i hope they don't expand.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Lucysmumanddad
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2011

My title isn't overstating how I feel about Rankin Ranch. It truly is my most favorite place to be, and the place I close my eyes and think about whenever I'm feeling stressed. I started visiting Rankin Ranch each Summer when I was 10 years old, and today, at age 37, I still cry my eyes out when it's time to say goodbye and go home again. The Rankin family has created a truly magical experience for children and grown-ups alike. The kids program is so much fun and children get to experience all kinds of nature and activities they could never do at home. The horses are magnificent and the trails and meadow rides are breathtaking. In all my years of visiting the Ranch, I have never met a family who didn't want to come back again, or who wasn't already there for a 2nd, 10th, or 20th visit!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank AnyaMWB
HANTS UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2011

Spent an amazing week on the ranch. Everything was great from the cabins, the riding, the food, (we still make lemon bars from the recipe given to us! Every meal was fabulous) the evening activities, the wonderful Rankin family. Highlights for us have to be the riding, even the slightly nervous ones amongst us , the wagon rides to the meadow with horseshoe throwing and getting up very early to watch the cattle being brought in. Could go on forever but just go there yourselves it is wonderful!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Winter Garden, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2010

We went up there for Mother's Day weekend and had the absolute best time imaginable! Met some fantastic new people and as usual, the Rankins made us feel like family. Rudy the cook is the most amazing chef ever! I can never get enough of the Ranch.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2010

I have been doing a lot of adventures since last July. This was byfar my favorite. Really nice secluded, large cabins. Bike riding in the meadow, hiking in the hiils. horseback tiding in heaven! The Rankin family are very nice and down to earth. Wine and cheese social, hat wagon lunch in the meadow (great BBQ) . Games at night, met some great friends! All Ican say id DO IT! Come ride at Rankin!!!! P.S. GREAT HORSES , GREATPRICES, GREAT !!!!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank HankRay
San Luis Obispo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2010

Finally, with school out and summer around the corner, it's time to pack and head to "the Ranch".....Rankin Ranch, that is!
This is our 18th year to celebrate the 4th of July at Rankin Ranch...and our excitement to come back as our "family tradition" continues and grows!
When we discovered Rankin Ranch, through a customer, our 3 boys were 10, 7 and 2 years old. They still look forward to returning each summer; even our future daughter-in-law joins in the tradition. As our family says, "it's like going home!"
We've met such wonderful families over the years...some have grown to become lasting friendships. And then there are those families we re-connect with every 4th of July at the Ranch.
You'll find Rankin Ranch in a wonderful area quiet, hills and mountains around the basin and meadows. Dining in the Garden Room or out in the meadow at the BBQ, food is abundant..3 meals a day! You can stay as busy as you want, or just rest and relax! The counselors are busy with all types of activities for the kids...which is great for parents. Sun by the pool or read a favorite book out on the lawn under the huge trees....definitely relaxing!
We look forward to meeting new friends who have discovered our secret...."The Ranch".
Hope it becomes your family tradition!
Now, back to packing!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank wilso5
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caliente
Hampton Inn & Suites Bakersfield/Hwy 58
Lake Isabella / Kern River KOA
Mount-N-Lake Motel
Mount-N-Lake Motel
#2 of 2 in Wofford Heights

Been to Rankin Ranch? Share your experiences!