“Perfect picnic”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Gosport, United Kingdom
“Perfect picnic”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Having been to Donny's a couple of times I have only good things to say! An independent coffee shop which does fantastic cakes and sandwiches.
However, this is only the start. I can not recommend enough their picnic offer they have on! I hired one with my girlfriend to take away, they included the basket, rugs, sandwiches, drink, scone, cake and fruit for 2 cost £14! It was delicious! I will DEFINITELY be having this again! Excellent idea and one which makes a lovely date/change. Especially seeing as it's cheaper than buying lunch for 2 in a supermarket or own picnic!
Thanks Donnys, see you soon!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank PartTimeFoodie123

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“love love love the place”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I first went to donnys with my grandma in the morning and it was a lovely shabby chic vintage girly tea room. Table service within moment of arriving followed by delicious drinks and food. The second time was with my mother in the afternoon and it very busy but don't let that doubt the service you'll receive because again within moment we were getting served by a lovely member of the the donkey team and then we relaxed while enjoying high tea for two along with hot food. Very generous portions lovely atmosphere very popular recommend to everyone.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Helen S
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Picnic hamper hire service...”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

After seeing friends on Facebook enjoying a Donny's hamper we had to give it a go for our visit to Arundel Castle today. All I can say is WOW!!! Absolutely amazing value for money - my hubby and I can both eat a lot (ha ha) but the amount of food was so generous it did us for lunch and tea! You get a sandwich of your choice, huge piece of cake, scone, jam, cream, fresh fruit and a lovely posh soft drink of your choice (or alcohol if you want to pay for it). It was just such a treat, hassle free and we will be booking another tomorrow when we go for breakfast (and to return the hamper). Fantastic idea, lovely staff, and just wow!!!

1 Thank Ann-Marie C
England
“Best coffee and cake for miles, and such a friendly welcome”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This little cafe continues to delight not only with its fabulous cakes but with its genuine warm welcome

• Visited July 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yum yum yummy!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I have visited Donny's several times and I have never been disappointed. The service is amazing, the shop is beautiful and the food is Donny-licious!!! We have visited for breakfast, lunch and even just tea and cake and it is all so scrummy. You definitely cannot beat the chip and fish finger butty!! We are not from the immediate area but always happy to travel because its just so good. Cannot wait for our next visit!

1 Thank Lauren P