“Fantastic!”
Review of Wisteria House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stubbington
Wisteria House
Ranked #1 of 1 Stubbington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I have never written a review on any accommodation I have stayed in before, but I felt compelled to write a review about Wisteria House.
I stayed here overnight as I was attending an interview in the area. After a horrible rush hour drive it was lovely to have such a friendly welcome and shown to such a lovely, clean room and the offer of a cup of tea.
If the bed was big the bathroom was HUGE! A really comfortable room to stay in.
Both hosts were great and did their very best to keep my nerves at bay the next morning, offering an early breakfast if needed and calming words. The breakfast itself was lovely, well cooked and great "runny" poached eggs.
Thank you both for a lovely stay - if we have too many visitors when we move down we will definitely recommend you to friends or family.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Lucy F
There are newer reviews for Wisteria House

Reviewed 25 February 2014

What a lovely place and a great find. Wonderful hosts, friendly but professional. The house has a lovely calm feel and the room (Ebony) did not disappoint. Very comfortable, everything had been thought about, even a non slip mat for the bath.......hurrah. I usually have to ask if there is one, especially if I'm travelling with my 80 year old mother, and more often than not there isn't, so well done Jan and Alan. Lovely little breakfast room, with pretty crockery and the tasty cooked breakfast was served on hot plates.....another hurrah (sorry one of my pet hates, hot food on cold plates). The selection of home made preserves was good and tasted great. If we're back in Stubbington we know where we'lll be staying. Thank you both.

Room Tip: We had the Ebony room which is at the front of the property facing on to the road.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Plotta
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Very good accommodation.We have just spent the weekend here and booked both rooms as our son was with us. The rooms were lovely and everywhere was spotless. A good choice for breakfast. Our hosts were very friendly and we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Very good accommodation.We have just spent the weekend here and booked both rooms as our son was wit...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 December 2013

An excellent Bed and Breakfast on the south coast - Stubbington in Hampshire!
The accommodation is of a very high standard, safe and comfortable for all travellers.
My friends (quite choosy, well travelled), I booked to stay at the Wisteria House, said the accommodation, breakfast and general atmosphere was well above their expectations. Knowing them, I can say that is a compliment! Congratulations Jan & Alan

Room Tip: The rooms are excellent and absolutely spotless!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I travel a lot as part of my job, which means that I have to stay overnight in different types of accommodation. Wisteria House is one of the best guest houses I've stayed in. As a lone female traveller it's crucial that I feel safe and secure. The welcome given to me by the proprietors Jan and Alan made me feel very welcome and it helped to put me at ease straight away. The room was beautifully decorated, warm, comfortable, spacious and clean. I stayed in the Ebony Room. I liked the little touches of having fresh tea made for me on my arrival and the good selection of speciality teas in my room. The bed was extremely comfortable and I had fantastic night's sleep. The breakfast was superb too. My only recommendation would be to improve the signage on the road, as without satnav it might be difficult to find. I will definitely stay here again and I will recommend it friends and colleagues.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We stayed here two nights whilst visiting attractions in the area. Jan and Alan made us feel at home right away. Very friendly and the accommodation is of a very high standard. We stayed in the Ebony Room which is spacious and very comfortable. Can't fault the quality of the service or the breakfasts. For us, only one very minor comment. During the heatwave it would have been good to be able to sit outside in the evening. But, as I say, this is a VERY minor comment. Given the usual British summer weather it would never have arisen. Don't be put off. This really is an excellent place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank debollaofbuxted
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Despite having reviewed Wisteria House in August 2012, I felt compelled to write another review after visiting in June 2013. The reason for this is that on our arrival we discovered Jan and Alan, the proprietors, have completely refurbished and redecorated the two guest bedrooms.

We stayed in The Ebony Room as before (formerly known as The Orchard Room) – this has been tastefully decorated as has its adjoining bathroom with overhead shower. Both bedroom and dining room are still kept meticulously clean and fresh, providing us with a pleasant and relaxing ambience for the duration of the stay.

Breakfast was freshly cooked and promptly served - exactly as we’d asked for. Not only did it come on a warm plate but with warm smiles and ‘set yourself at ease’ general chit chat as Jan and Alan served us.

The only thing I’d add to previous reviews is - try it for yourself, you won’t be disappointed.

Room Tip: The Ebony Room has dual speed ceiling fan for those hot summer nights
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Eiona_R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stubbington
TravelRest Solent Gateway
#7 of 7 in Fareham
Lysses House Hotel
Lysses House Hotel
#5 of 7 in Fareham

Been to Wisteria House? Share your experiences!