“Nice hot springs”

Calistoga Spa Hot Springs
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Calistoga
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We stayed there for two nights on February. There were not so many people which made it very comfortable. We took a king room (206) which was great, very spacious and well located (not too close to the pool). Although the hotel does not look very fancy it is quite comfortable, we had a small fridge and good facilities to make light lunches. There was a big t.v and a very nice bathroom. The pools were great. You get a few options of different temperatures. It is more like a big bathtub since you don't really feel the minerals or smell sulfur, but still it is very pleasant and relaxing..

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amir B
There are newer reviews for Calistoga Spa Hot Springs

Reviewed 4 March 2014

The Calistoga Spa Hot Springs is a great place to stay with friends and family for the Napa Valley Marathon! There rooms are very nicely updated and come with a kitchenette and their pools are fantastic! The naturally heated jacuzzi was just what I needed to hang out and celebrate post-race with friends, and the hour massage I received was great. Very reasonable and plenty of eateries and shops in walking distance. We will be back next year!

Room Tip: If you want to be close to the pools be sure to ask. Lower levels have patio tables and barbecues.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jeanine B
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Everyone that works at Calistoga Spa goes out of their way to make our stay pleasant. Including the outside maintenance. The new firepit in the center is very inviting - and beautiful. Everything to make their guests feel relaxed and catered to is done,.

Room Tip: South side rooms seem to be more private. But very room we've been in is fine.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
MikeLennon, General Manager at Calistoga Spa Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Hello Winston, Thank you for the nice review. I will share your feedback with everyone here including the maintenance team. Thank you, Mike Lennon - GM

Reviewed 20 February 2014

My friend and I had a girls spa day and I booked online .The pictures don't do this place justice
It is better in person. Relaxing in the 4 pools is just what everybody needs to do. When I left I felt
5lbs lighter. The rooms are top of the line there was even small grills outside our room if you want
to grill up dinner I will return again soon.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Renee G
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I have been coming to the Hot Springs hotel for a few years now with my wife's family. We have always loved staying here. The pools and hot tub are amazing. Over the last couple years they have been doing some remodeling.

This was the first time we were able to stay in the newly remodeled rooms. The rooms upgrade was great. We has no problems with the rooms before so this was for sure a great change. We usually have a relaxed stay but this time we had some challenges with noisy neighbors. We were in room 111 and it's is in a bit of an alley way in the back of the hotel. We has the room next to us slamming doors and just being loud and drunk very late into the night.

Besides that the hotel is great and we will be back next year. I would highly recommend staying here just good luck with drunk people wine tasting too much.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ledieff
MikeLennon, General Manager at Calistoga Spa Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Hello ledieff, Thank you for the great review. Sorry to hear about the loud guests next to you. Some people can handle the Wine Country experience better than others. Happy to read that you liked the remodel of the rooms and the pools. We look forward to seeing you again. Mike Lennon - GM

Reviewed 12 February 2014

I just got back from this resort ha walk out of massage twenty minute early it was like my sister was putting sun tan lotion me .
Last time I was there I got burned in the mud bath very poor bath attendant here,I will never return !!! Rooms are nice sence remodel and in joyed the pools walk to town is easy .

• Stayed: February 2014
MikeLennon, General Manager at Calistoga Spa Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Hello Mr. Roper, we encourage the use of and support UGC sites like Trip Advisor. I feel it is important to clarify some aspects of your stay both in 2014 and 2013. During both visits you were not pleased with a specific segment of your spa treatment. During this stay you left the massage session early to use the restroom and did not inform the therapist or attendant of your decision to not complete the session. You informed the front desk in a brief exchange of your need to end the massage early. I used multiple methods to contact you during your stay in an attempt to make the remainder of your stay enjoyable. As in 2013 you chose not to meet me in person, only use electronic media as you point of communication. We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations and we will use this as a learning tool to improve. As in 2013 you were not charged for your treatment although we fully compensated the therapist for their time. Thank you, Michael Lennon- General Manager

Reviewed 11 February 2014

This property experienced a wonderful remodel of the exterior pool areas including very mature palm trees. We were there on a very wet, rainy weekend and the overhangs between the buildings did not inhibit us from walking in our robes from our room to the pools. It appears that the major investments have been placed on the exterior surroundings. The women's spa services area is still reflective of the 1980's - blues, pinks and glass block. My massage room had ivy stenciled along the walls. Yikes! Our King Room kitchenette still had the original light blue Formica countertops and the bathroom had dark mauve toilet and sink fixtures. The furnishings were also a bit outdated. The bed and bedding were very nice quality, though. I peeked into the smaller rooms on the ground level and I saw a more updated kitchenette, so I can assume that there is a phased approach with the renovation of the rooms. The best thing is the location. Once you get there you don't have to move the car. Plenty of parking close to hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you clarify if the entire room has been renovated or still has the circa-1980s furnishings...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple