“Great location and more....”

Mount View Hotel & Spa
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Calistoga
Reviewed 19 April 2011

I spent my 50th birthday at this boutique hotel, with a spa day and overnight with my girlfriends. This hotel provided wonderful service, lots of tips, the spa is terrific, and so is the service. Could not beat the location. They also have partnerships with several of the local wineries, so were a great resource for a wine tour.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 14 April 2011

As an international traveller based in London, I really savoured my time at Mount View Hotel and Spa. The Spa Director, Nicole, was very welcoming and gracious. Her assistants, Mat and Matthew, were so attentive. Mat booked an amazing hydrotherapy bath for me, wonderously prepared by Yahira. The bath was very powerful and was great for alleviating stress and jet lag. I felt revitalised with a healthy glow after this bath and steam shower. I would highly recommend this spa at the Mount View Hotel in Calistoga. It is less than a two hour drive from San Francisco airport, centrally located in the main street and close to some wonderful shops and cafes.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank ral_11
Reviewed 1 April 2011

I first stayed at this hotel in November 2010 with my Navy wife friends. All of our husbands were deployed so this was our "R and R". We stayed in a suite that had more than enough charm and comfort. And, we were given 2 extra spa upgrades. I loved this hotel so much that I took my "newly returned from Afghanistan" husband there in March 2011. The hotel is clean, charming and the staff is very friendly. When we checked in, they had upgraded us to the balcony suite. I cannot tell you how much this meant to us! The suite was beyond beautiful, the bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever stayed in and the claw foot bath tub topped it all off! This hotel is in the heart of Calistoga and I would recommend this place to anyone wanting to get away whether it be for a girls weekend or a romatic one with your significant other.
Kelley and Greg Wentworth, Rancho Cordova, CA

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2011

Overall, Mount View was a thoroughly pleasant place to stay for a quick winter overnight in Napa. We stayed in a standard queen room and purchased the 'Taste of Calistoga' package, which included dinner for two from the prix-fixe menu of the Italian restaurant downstairs, private tastings at two Calistoga wineries, a 25-min "mud bath" for two (more like a dirty water whirlpool, but nice nonetheless).

The good:
- The room was cozy, nicely-decorated and immaculate (albeit a tad small).
- Mount View is located right on the main drag in Calistoga and it's an easy walk to restaurants, wine shops, and a grocery store.
- Free parking off the street (not necessary in winter, but great at other times of year).
- At $129 per night, the rate was reasonable.
- The hotel was very quiet (as are most places in Napa during winter) and we slept like babies.
- The included "mud bath" was a nice way to spend an hour after tasting wine all day.
- The wine tastings arranged by the hotel as part of the package deal (at two smaller Calistoga wineries) were the best of our trip.
- Close to Robert Louis Stevenson State Park, the Palisades trail and Mount Helena, which offer some great hikes.
- The hotel pool and hot tub, which I unfortunately didn't get to use, was empty while we were there (again... in winter).

The bad:
- The full price of a room booked in peak season is probably a bit much for me, but then again everywhere in Napa is nuts during summer.

Neutral:
- I can't really comment on the spa services as all we did was our included mud-whirlpool.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ajroth1982
Reviewed 22 February 2011

We had a very memorable stay 9 years ago having booked by recommendation. The Hotel has changed somewhat, and now accommodates a Spa of which we did not use this time.
As the Cottage was booked we had used in the past, we decided to stay in the Hotel. In comparision not so good. The bed was small and very uncomfortable, the corridor outside our room was very nosiy morning and night time as the walls were thin. The breakfast was provided by room service which means you hear everyone's breakfast being served at the time requested. A lovely service only if you don't hear the delivery.
We found the Hotel was overpriced for what it had to offer.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LD_Traveller00
Reviewed 21 January 2011

I've been to Mount View a few times. Always have a super time. I travel for work and this is seriously, amongst the US and European hotels my all around favorite. Spa services are great. Very, very comfortable. Love the 'Where the boys aren't' package which includes spa services, chick flick, spa pack. I am going back again this year!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 November 2010

Beautiful hotel with nice rooms. Amazing service by the friendly staff. Good location in town for our needs. Front desk staff was friendly. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Overall, great hotel. I would stay again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calistoga
The Bergson
EuroSpa & Inn
#9 of 15 in Calistoga
Wine Country Inn & Cottages
Indian Springs Resort and Spa

Been to Mount View Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!