“One night stay”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Calistoga
A Calistoga Enchanted Cottage
Ranked #25 of 27 Calistoga B&B and Inns
Phoenix, Arizona
“One night stay”
Reviewed 6 May 2012 via mobile

Last minute trip for my spouse & I.

Pros: very friendly, helpful proprietor; excellent mattress; kitchenette; great coffee; charming shabby chic style; private.

Cons: no shampoo/conditioner in bath--only liquid hand soap to wash; breakfast was 2 croissants with 2 mini baby bel cheeses no butter or jelly, no fruit...2 tea bags...Nice coffee that we brewed ourselves...no wood for fire place we were told to buy it ourselves. Had to stand in the driveway to get Internet connection on tablet. For the price we thought we should have had at least an apple or banana at breakfast! I would have given 2 stars but the guy was very nice.

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank speech529

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed 11 March 2012

My husband and I spent two nights at the Calistoga Enchanted Cottage. The cottage was comfortable. The decor didn't remind me so much of it being a bed and breakfast, but seemed more like a house not too B&B. Simply decorated,clean and spacious we loved the fireplace,flat screen T.V. and all the candles scattered around to burn. Let me say I'm surprised by some of the negative comments I've read here,this was not our experience at all! The lay-out of the cottage was also great with a nice front porch before entering the living room with a separate bedroom and kitchen off the living room. You could sit on the porch and enjoy a drink,and be lost in your own world. The cottage is private and quiet. Nice helpful owners and i almost forgot to mention this cottage has lights that you can turn on to light up the woods at night. Will return soon for my husbands birthday party!

Room Tip: Upper cottage is private and comfortable
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Linh P
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Bed Bugs. BITES ON MY FACE the following day. Is it ever worth that??

My man and I stayed here for one night with our 2 dogs - just happy that we found a place last minute that would accept our dogs. Without ANY other changes to my life except for this fateful one-night-stay, I broke out with bites on my fingers and FACE - what's worse, I made sure to rule out all other potential causes before recklessly jumping to conclusions that can tarnish a business.

My dermatologist verified they were definitely bedbugs if they went away now that I'm sleeping in my own home. However, I was so freaked out, I could NOT sleep until I knew no bugs were in my house. Inspector comes, verifies and documents there are no bugs in my home and that they stay localized to their "home". Ah, this B&B.

I called the owner, Rebecca and surprise! "I don't even know what bedbugs are, but I'm sure they aren't in Calistoga" I can't believe that anyone running a hotel didn't know bedbugs, but still, I knew what it could do to their business. I emailed links for information, the inspectors contact info as well as my inspection report and I informed her that it was required by the state of CA to report any incidents of bedbugs. No one returned my emails or calls when I tried to see what her inspection report revealed...to which I can only assume means they never paid the $175 bucks for the inspection or they did and the report confirmed my bedbug experience.

No reimbursement, no apologies, and way too much negligence.

Room Tip: Bed bugs in at least one of their cottages - the one on the top of the hill
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank susan k
GirlEnchanted, Owner at A Calistoga Enchanted Cottage, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
NO BEDBUGS at this B&B, PERIOD... and Our Inspection Reports Below Prove it.

We don't have them Now and we have NEVER had them, the bedbug specialist inspector informed us, on our most recent inspection of March 16, 2012. The Upper Cottage, still CLEAN. The Cottage-Suite, still CLEAN. Clean still, from the last inspection we had 7 months ago.

We, at a Calistoga Enchanted Cottage, feel this is a serious thing for anyone to state as a fact, about any business, when it is only an assumption, and a mistaken assumption at that. So we feel it is most important that we once again reassure all of you, our past and future guests, reading the above review, that this situation does not nor has it ever existed here.

For those of you who would like to stay here, but are still concerned, Please Click the Link Below, to see our inspection reports. If this link does not work here, try highlighting, right clicking, and click on "paste and go". Or please copy and paste, and search.

If it still doesn't work, or if you would just like to talk to us about any aspect of this matter, and/or ask us to send you our reports, please call us at 707-942- WINE (9463).

The reviewer above and her man stayed last year, in Aug, 2011, more than 7 months ago. She called me after their stay, saying there could be bedbugs in our upper cottage. We were very concerned immediately upon her call. We care about our guests, and take any of their concerns seriously. So as a direct result of her (one and only) phone call and her (one and only) email, (on the night of Aug 25, 2011), we scheduled an inspection immediately, even though we had no reason to suspect that we had these bugs in our rooms.

We had the inspection on Monday, Aug 29, 2011. The Upper Cottage, CLEAN. The Lower Cottage-Suite, CLEAN. No Bedbugs or other pests here. Please click on the YouTube link above to view the inspection report of Aug 29, 2011.

After her first call and email, we never heard from them again; no calls, no emails, no follow-up.

They also NEVER CALLED or EMAILED, to CHECK on our inspection results, BEFORE choosing to write these, (and other similar reviews) all over the internet !!! So imagine how shocked we were to find these kinds of reviews, all of a sudden, 7 months later!

We felt for whatever she might have gone through, but our Bed and Breakfast WAS NOT the cause of her situation. And, It is NOT our policy to take responsibility for a situation that we are simply NOT responsible for.!!!

We felt we should NOT issue a reimbursement until we had a chance to investigate this matter. This is our policy. And then, in light of the results of our inspection(s), reimbursements before our inspection or after our inspection in this case was simply inappropriate.

Thank You For Your Time and Attention in This Matter, Rebecca (Innkeeper and Photographer, of a Calistoga 'Enchanted Cottage'... and Photo Gallery... B&B.

http://youtu.be/ZZcU5D (Once Again, the link to YouTube, with our Inspection Result Reports)
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Found this place on the Calistoga chamber site. It was our first time staying at a bed and breakfast and we were looking for somewhere to get away for the weekend. Wanted privacy, but also didn't want to be to far away from civilization and this was the perfect spot.
The cottage was cozy and romantic. The location is 5 stars alone; we were able to walk to downtown Calistoga for our massage appointments and restaurants. Rebecca was very helpful and even called around to help us find spa appointment's, her spending the time and her knowledge of the local spots was really a help.
The cottage has a wonderful four poster bed, and a pretty, well equipped, kitchen, with a table for two to four. A basket of breakfast things (different each time) was left outside our door every day! She has a Franklin fireplace in the living room.
There just seems to be a good energy there!! We have found our own secret hideaway in wine country and can't wait to return!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 13 September 2011

We had a wonderful time at the Calistoga Enchanted Cottage B&B. The service could not be friendlier. A walk to town for a bite to eat, some shopping, and a massage at a nearby spa, and in the evening, some wine in front of the fireplace in our little suite couldn't ask for much more! We've always enjoyed the little breakfast basket full of goodies & coffee, outside our door every morning to start the day. Thanks so much, Rebecca. We will be back again soon!

Room Tip: Suite is really cute !
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 9 September 2011

I must start my saying that I would typically be a big supporter of family-run B&Bs. Typically, this type of accomodation can really make a trip to a new locale special, unique, and provide some nice local flavor. Unfortunately, we had an awful stay at the suite at this B&B.

THE GOOD: The people who run this B&B are very nice and they provide a simple but nice breakfast in the morning. There are 2 spaces to stay at on this property -- the cottage and the suite. Because we are a family of 4, we chose the suite because it has 2 beds.

THE BAD: The cottage may be great, but the suite is really unsuitable for guests. It was filthy and had FLEAS! Really. We all got dozens of flea bites that kept us up all night. The nightly rate was not cheap either.

Although I wish that I could be giving this place a stellar review, I cannot. If you are looking to stay at the suite, I would recommend against it. The cottage may be great, but I cannot comment on that. The suite is unsuitable for guests in its current condition.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Concerned_Citizen_11
GirlEnchanted, Manager at A Calistoga Enchanted Cottage, responded to this review, 21 October 2011
Wow can't believe what i am reading here! First let me thank you for the 4 star rating you gave our service and the positive things you did mention! But in all honesty the rest of your review is perplexing to say the least! But before i address that, let me say that a expert from Clark pest control came out and did some tests and found No such Fleas in the Suite or the Cottage! So this leaves me wondering after checking over my reservation slips who are you? Everyone that stayed here in September traveling with family stayed at least two nights.Why if you stayed here didn't you give our 4 star service as you rated us a call or let us know if something was wrong! We encourage everyone that stays here to let us know right away if something is wrong! You do fellow travelers a disservice by not contacting us so if there is a problem it can be corrected before the next guests check in! Since we come into your places everyday give you fresh towels and do a little tidy up and even talk with people if their around.You could have left a note telling us that something was wrong at the very least.We are easy people to get along with here! At your service!! Enchanted Cottage!