“Wonderful Weekend”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Calistoga
A Calistoga Enchanted Cottage
Ranked #25 of 27 Calistoga B&B and Inns
Walled Lake, Michigan
“Wonderful Weekend”
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

My extended family stayed here for a wedding. We had three couples staying in the lower cottage. The cottage was clean and comfortable. We enjoyed breakfast on the porch each morning. The price was very reasonable for the area and within walking distance of town. It was cozy and very enjoyable to stay together instead do having separate rooms at a hotel. I would recommend this B&B for your next trip. We stayed in April 2012 so I am late writing this review.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Amanda E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I have been coming here, on and off since 1989. The Inn Keeper Rebecca has always been very nice and helpful and lets me in on the new gossip in town about eateries and wineries. Let's me know what spas are hot (no pun intended). I love being around the trees and nature with just a hop, skip and a jump into town. I can just leave my car and walk into Calistoga. Rebecca lets me know about the tours that pick you up and drop you off for wine tasting, since tour operators change so often. I like the homey feel of the place. I did ask her about a couple of bad reviews she had regarding bugs and she was happy to send me the Clark Pest Control Report showing no bugs. I guess some people have to find blame instead of looking at their own place in San Francisco, I mean, hell, the Mark Hopkins and the Fairmont have problems. If you want 5 star accommodations this isn't for you. If you want to feel like you'r coming to see your favorite relative who is down to earth and simple. This is the place, simple accommodations, a little snack in the morning to get you going, and of course privacy. I've seen many minor and major celebs here over the years I've stayed and Rebecca is not one to brag but I will boast for her.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Blaidd A
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 July 2012

We stayed here for our one-year anniversary and had such a sweet, relaxing time together. It was in the high 90s that weekend, but they already had the a/c on for us, cooling the cabin down. We were met with the same consideration the next day when we came back from a sweltering bike tour - the a/c turned on and a cool cabin waiting for us. The four-poster bed is a little elegance out of place from the shabby-chic quality of the rest of the place, but I loved that incongruity. It was such a comfortable comfortable bed for some very stressed out people looking for a relaxing weekend. We were delighted to find we could walk to the center of town so quickly, and then retreat to our rustic little hideaway at the end of the night. White Christmas lights ring the porch, leaving such a romantic glow to come home to. We loved peeking out the window in the morning to see the breakfast basket on the porch, and then fetching it to eat the simple but wholesome breakfast in bed. SO relaxing. It was too hot to use the fireplace, unfortunately, but they made sure we had a little starter log available even if we wanted to go for it anyway! It's not a 5-star resort, but it's also not plasticky/cookie cuttery. It's a lovely, relaxing place to stay.

I asked Rebecca about the bed bug review before we made reservations, and she was quick to assure me that they are regularly inspected and always pass inspection. That review almost deterred us from coming here, so I just wanted to point out that the cottage was cleanly and there was no sign of any pests. I could only imagine that the reviewer had been eaten alive by mosquitos on the porch, perhaps, but who can help that?! This was a really charming place to stay, and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KFZB
Nevada City, California
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Wonder where the mystery of enchantment lives? Comes to Rebecca's Enchanted Cottages! Calistoga, where *****'s & $$$ prevails!

This is a refreshingly honest, relaxing, charming hide-away! Just walk across the street and you're downtown where stores, shopping and restaurants bustle. Slip back "home" into a time-gone-by era where Peace-Love-And Happiness STILL prevails!!!

For those of you interested in experiencing how charming Thrift Store decor can be... bring your camera!!! Eye candy for the artist's inspiration. OH! Check out Rebecca's photography! I just love "The Unmade Bed." You may even be lucky enough to have the cottage with the up-right piano!

Speaking of beds... the beds are TOP NOTCH-!!! Comfy cozy for the very picky weary traveler... If you have a party you're traveling with... THERE ARE LOTS OF Possible SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS. Like another reviewer stated, this is a HOME-cottages operation... no corporate big bucks here! THANK GOD-!!!! HOW REFRESHING!!! Just wonderful, honest, down-to-earth, creative and charming owners who greet you with a smile and a big "Welcome!"

Bring your dogs, and remember there's a toaster oven, microwave, coffee maker, refrigerator with your own set of antique dishes to eat-in and avoid the crowds. Deep claw-ball soaking tub just in case you didn't get enough at the Day Spas downtown.

Yeah, maybe you need to bring along your own shampoo, toothpaste, dental floss... but I would anyway. Wouldn't you? But if you forget, Rebecca and Cary are right there to accommodate your needs with fun-loving smiles and graciousness.

My husband and I are "older"... over 60 & 67 respectively... We thrive in creative environments and this fits the bill. I'd like to know if there are any other places out there like this one... Did I say it was UNIQUE? Well, I'm certain you get the picture with my description.

I certainly hope you get to enjoy a stay at Rebecca's Enchanted Cottages! Just follow the twinkly lights!

Room Tip: There are only two cabins to choose from. Both are cottages/little houses. We stayed in the front...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank T-SierraTheodora
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 6 May 2012 via mobile

Last minute trip for my spouse & I.

Pros: very friendly, helpful proprietor; excellent mattress; kitchenette; great coffee; charming shabby chic style; private.

Cons: no shampoo/conditioner in bath--only liquid hand soap to wash; breakfast was 2 croissants with 2 mini baby bel cheeses no butter or jelly, no fruit...2 tea bags...Nice coffee that we brewed ourselves...no wood for fire place we were told to buy it ourselves. Had to stand in the driveway to get Internet connection on tablet. For the price we thought we should have had at least an apple or banana at breakfast! I would have given 2 stars but the guy was very nice.

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank speech529
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed 11 March 2012

My husband and I spent two nights at the Calistoga Enchanted Cottage. The cottage was comfortable. The decor didn't remind me so much of it being a bed and breakfast, but seemed more like a house not too B&B. Simply decorated,clean and spacious we loved the fireplace,flat screen T.V. and all the candles scattered around to burn. Let me say I'm surprised by some of the negative comments I've read here,this was not our experience at all! The lay-out of the cottage was also great with a nice front porch before entering the living room with a separate bedroom and kitchen off the living room. You could sit on the porch and enjoy a drink,and be lost in your own world. The cottage is private and quiet. Nice helpful owners and i almost forgot to mention this cottage has lights that you can turn on to light up the woods at night. Will return soon for my husbands birthday party!

Room Tip: Upper cottage is private and comfortable
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Linh P
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Bed Bugs. BITES ON MY FACE the following day. Is it ever worth that??

My man and I stayed here for one night with our 2 dogs - just happy that we found a place last minute that would accept our dogs. Without ANY other changes to my life except for this fateful one-night-stay, I broke out with bites on my fingers and FACE - what's worse, I made sure to rule out all other potential causes before recklessly jumping to conclusions that can tarnish a business.

My dermatologist verified they were definitely bedbugs if they went away now that I'm sleeping in my own home. However, I was so freaked out, I could NOT sleep until I knew no bugs were in my house. Inspector comes, verifies and documents there are no bugs in my home and that they stay localized to their "home". Ah, this B&B.

I called the owner, Rebecca and surprise! "I don't even know what bedbugs are, but I'm sure they aren't in Calistoga" I can't believe that anyone running a hotel didn't know bedbugs, but still, I knew what it could do to their business. I emailed links for information, the inspectors contact info as well as my inspection report and I informed her that it was required by the state of CA to report any incidents of bedbugs. No one returned my emails or calls when I tried to see what her inspection report revealed...to which I can only assume means they never paid the $175 bucks for the inspection or they did and the report confirmed my bedbug experience.

No reimbursement, no apologies, and way too much negligence.

Room Tip: Bed bugs in at least one of their cottages - the one on the top of the hill
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank susan k
GirlEnchanted, Owner at A Calistoga Enchanted Cottage, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
NO BEDBUGS at this B&B, PERIOD... and Our Inspection Reports Below Prove it.

We don't have them Now and we have NEVER had them, the bedbug specialist inspector informed us, on our most recent inspection of March 16, 2012. The Upper Cottage, still CLEAN. The Cottage-Suite, still CLEAN. Clean still, from the last inspection we had 7 months ago.

We, at a Calistoga Enchanted Cottage, feel this is a serious thing for anyone to state as a fact, about any business, when it is only an assumption, and a mistaken assumption at that. So we feel it is most important that we once again reassure all of you, our past and future guests, reading the above review, that this situation does not nor has it ever existed here.

For those of you who would like to stay here, but are still concerned, Please Click the Link Below, to see our inspection reports. If this link does not work here, try highlighting, right clicking, and click on "paste and go". Or please copy and paste, and search.

If it still doesn't work, or if you would just like to talk to us about any aspect of this matter, and/or ask us to send you our reports, please call us at 707-942- WINE (9463).

The reviewer above and her man stayed last year, in Aug, 2011, more than 7 months ago. She called me after their stay, saying there could be bedbugs in our upper cottage. We were very concerned immediately upon her call. We care about our guests, and take any of their concerns seriously. So as a direct result of her (one and only) phone call and her (one and only) email, (on the night of Aug 25, 2011), we scheduled an inspection immediately, even though we had no reason to suspect that we had these bugs in our rooms.

We had the inspection on Monday, Aug 29, 2011. The Upper Cottage, CLEAN. The Lower Cottage-Suite, CLEAN. No Bedbugs or other pests here. Please click on the YouTube link above to view the inspection report of Aug 29, 2011.

After her first call and email, we never heard from them again; no calls, no emails, no follow-up.

They also NEVER CALLED or EMAILED, to CHECK on our inspection results, BEFORE choosing to write these, (and other similar reviews) all over the internet !!! So imagine how shocked we were to find these kinds of reviews, all of a sudden, 7 months later!

We felt for whatever she might have gone through, but our Bed and Breakfast WAS NOT the cause of her situation. And, It is NOT our policy to take responsibility for a situation that we are simply NOT responsible for.!!!

We felt we should NOT issue a reimbursement until we had a chance to investigate this matter. This is our policy. And then, in light of the results of our inspection(s), reimbursements before our inspection or after our inspection in this case was simply inappropriate.

Thank You For Your Time and Attention in This Matter, Rebecca (Innkeeper and Photographer, of a Calistoga 'Enchanted Cottage'... and Photo Gallery... B&B.

http://youtu.be/ZZcU5D (Once Again, the link to YouTube, with our Inspection Result Reports)