“The Real Deal in Napa”

JoLe
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Washington St
Sonoma, California
“The Real Deal in Napa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Belly up to the bar at JoLe for the real deal in sustainable, locally sourced cuisine, boutique wine list, and savvy staff. This is the place for a showcase meal without the bright lights and bravado that can be Napa proper.

• Visited May 2014

San Francisco, California
“TWICE IS NICE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

The rating for this restaurant should have 6 stars. We ate there our first night in town and everything we ordered was top drawer. Since they have no competitors in town that compare to them at all, we returned the next night and it was the same experience.

Please note that this is the little sister to the incredible La Auberge high class restaurant. The little sister is not as expensive but they give the big gal a run for her money.

The wait staff was not only friendly and homey but they knew all about the dishes.

Wonderful experience and if you go (or should I say when you go), be sure to make a reservation.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank carol p
“Amazing Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

This was recommended to us by our hosts at a local B and B that we were staying at. We ordered the four course tasting menu and had a wide variety of offerings. My wife had the wine pairing. The courses were small but delightful with amazing sauces and flavors. The service was excellent and my wife reported that the wine pairings were good. It was an excellent evening with outstanding food rarely found here in the states.

Visited June 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Delightful Degustation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

This was by far the best meal I ate in California, accompanied by splendid wines. I had the three course degustation and thoroughly enjoyed every course. The wines were well matched and full of fruit, which I always love! The service was very good. I was alone but did not feel out of place, which I think was due to the waitstaff's friendly and attentive nature. It was an expensive night out, but for the quality of food and wine, well worth the splurge. Try it yourself. I'm sure you'll be satisfied.

• Visited April 2014
Benicia, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Oh my - now I get it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Our b&b recommended Jole for the first dinner of our honeymoon. Special & delicious was the promise and boy was it ever. Warm and welcoming from the get go - we had the tasting menu and, after confessing I don't know much about wine, really enjoyed the delightful intro to wine and wine pairings offered by the charming Josh.

We LOVED the food, the atmosphere, the way the wine and food complimented each other. Highlights: husband loved the octopus, we both loved the lamb's tongue -amazingly tender - so delicious. Pork belly special was yummy.

• Visited June 2014