We were in a group of 7 driving up from the bay area. We took time off ( 1 night) from our busy schedules as night shift nurses. Our schedule was confirmed and the services we chose were paid for two weeks in advance. After working Saturday night, 7 of us piled into two cars and went to Napa then Calistoga. Voila, at the reception counter, they told me that one of the attendants called in sick, and the one who is supposed to replace her has no experience doing body scrub, and would I mind just getting a full body massage at a discounted price? my answer was of course, no! as i could get a massage anywhere in san francisco. the only option was to come back next day at 4 pm or get a voucher and use it next time. duh!!!! i found it rude that they felt like they could just change whatever the service the customer wanted. had they called even that day, I would have happily stayed home and slept. instead, i had to drive on a hot day and be told, that no you cant have the service you paid for two weeks ago and we cant reimburse you. luckily one member of our group decided to give way, and opted to have a mud bath instead. the body scrub itself is forgettable, they dont even touch your armpits and buttocks. the shower area in the spa has no privacy at all, it felt like you were showering in prison ( like what they have in the orange is the new black) with attendants milling about while you are supposed to shower in front of them buck naked. i am never going back. this spa sucks!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic Indian Springs Resort and Spa sits on 16 landscaped acres in the town of Calistoga. Our accommodations include lodge rooms, 1 and 2 bedroom cottages , 3 bedroom Merchant House and a two bedroom Hill House overlooking the valley. The highlight of our property is our historic 1914 Olympic sized mineral pool kept toasty year-round from our 4 geysers. Our award winning spa offers classic mudbaths, massage and facial treatments. Come take the Waters! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Indian Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Indian Springs Spa And Resort Calistoga
- Indian Springs Hotel Calistoga
- Indian Springs Spa Calistoga