Best Western Plus Stevenson Manor(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
US$263
US$214
BestWestern.com
Wine Way Inn(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
US$204
US$158
Official Site
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$208/night.

UpValley Inn & Hot Springs(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
US$236
US$184
AscendHotels
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$227/night.

US$270
US$254
The Bergson(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
US$204
Roman Spa Hot Springs Resort(Calistoga)
US$293
US$353
Calistoga Motor Lodge and Spa(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
US$271
US$261
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$295/night.

US$674
US$565
Official Website
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$698/night.

US$1,440
US$905
Official Website
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$1,297/night.

All reviewsrustic cabintennis courtsweek long retreatredwood treesshared showercold cerealhiking trailshomemade muffinsbreakfast includedhot watergrounds are lovelycarrotssuzanneorthpropertygrapesporch
Reviewed 3 April 2014

During 2013 and early 2014, I spent four weeks at the Ranch and each time my feet touched the ground, I felt like I had returned to my safe place. My room was comfortable in all seasons. The food was fresh, bountiful and healthy and most of all made with love. John's bread is worth coming back for. Suzanne and John clearly love the land that they are tending and that love is shared with the guests. This is not a glittery place but if you want peace, comfort and magic, I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: I always stay in the main house. For families though, I think the cabins would be far more fun.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I had been looking for a place to stay near Calistoga for some friends and I on a weekend motorcycle trip. Many hotels, etc. are extremely pricey but I found Mountain Home Ranch via a Google maps search and voila! This was the place for us! It is a beautiful property and John and Suzanne, the owners, are fantastic hosts. We opted to have dinner there and the cook is amazing and presented fresh and delicious meals - the rhubarb pie for dessert was over the top! Breakfast in the morning is also fresh and hearty - no flimsy continental breakfast!

The cabins are rustic but comfortable - we were in the Love cabin and it fit four ladies quite comfortably. Lots of blooming flowers and the wisteria trellis smelled heavenly. They have some farm animals onsite and families with children were having a fun time feeding them fresh carrots provided by the ranch. Lots of room to run around and play or just relax too.

We enjoyed it so much that as soon as we got back, we were already planning a return visit to share with more friends in September. It's the type of place that's like the summer home that you return to every year with great fondness. :)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I visited Mountain Home Ranch for many summers as a child and had the best time. It's in a secluded area in the country where us city folk could get away from it all. Well, I admit back then they had an area with arcade machines and candy - which I loved! One of my favorite parts about my stay was the comfort food they served. On my last visit I discovered the place had changed in recent years to be more of a retreat center so you won't find a bar, arcade machines, or candy around. I'm sure this works better for consistent business. It's much more focused on the nature aspect of the property. Miss the old times with arcades, candy, more meals but still love the place and the memories I had running around the place. I'm sure it would make a great spot for a group retreat where it's all about a change of environment from our busy lives. Expect very rustic accommodations...this place is old with a lot of history! They have nice trails with pretty scenery too.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
mountainsancturay, Owner at Mountain Home Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

We are happy to see some "old timers" return. We, too, have fond memories of the way the Ranch once was with the "kids bar" with its candy and games. Times change, and the Ranch has had to change too in order to make it to our Centennial. Now, kids have more games on their phones than we ever had in the "kids bar", and we are happy when they are lured away from those electronics to feed real carrots to real animals! We still are the best place for children, as well as groups, and the 100 year tradition of good, healthy comfort food remains. Breakfast is always provided, and when a group is in, there is the possibility of lunch and dinner that rival those served by Grandma and Grandpa.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Brought 2 kids, 4.5 and 3 years old to Mountain Home Ranch and stayed in Grandpa's (which had a stove, fridge, bathroom, other modern conveniences). We fed the cows and goats carrots, ate pancakes and waffles for breakfast, swam in the pool, made fires, played tennis, looked for bugs, blew huge bubbles and saw the Milky Way at night. The owners are as welcoming as they come, and do everything to share the magic with you. As other reviewers note it is rustic (polar opposite of the also-amazing Calistoga Ranch, which we love for different reasons), it is off the beaten path (but a quick drive to Calistoga) and it is glorious. Great jumping-off point for Safari West. If you want a weekend away I can't recommend it more highly. Dog-friendly.

Room Tip: Read the web site (or talk to the owners) - there is a wide range of price/comfort level
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Recently I passed a four day retreat at Mountain Home Ranch. For this purpose, the place is tops. We were a large group, about fifty people, and were able to meet for classes in the classroom, then congregate in the spacious diningroom, the benches outside or wander about the beautiful acreage. I did choose to walk some of the trails, up to a viewpoint and down a cool canyon path, and saw deer every day. The animals beside the classroom brought their own touch of welcome. The meals were fine and ample and the host accomodating to our groups' tastes. The nights were quiet and restful. I shared space in the cabin Madrone, it was very nice and well appointed with views of the wooded hillside and a porch. All in all, a wonderful place for a retreat.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank valleycat635
mountainsancturay, Owner at Mountain Home Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

Thank you for this lovely review. As a family, we try hard to make everyone feel at home here, and are gratified when we see we have succeeded. We appreciate the feedback when a critique points out something that needs improvement, but getting a pat on the back is helpful as well. We hope that some of you who come with a group will come back as individuals whenever you are in the area.