“Mud Baths”

Golden Haven Hot Springs Spa
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Calistoga
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Stayed here for part of my fiance's birthday trip, really wanted to do the couples mudbath. Had a great time, the room was clean, the mudbath itself was pretty awesome, our mudbath host was great. I would highly recommend this experience! I don't know that I would have enjoyed this as much had I not been able to be side by side, but overall had a awesome time!

2  Thank Jason N

Reviewed 14 December 2013

This place is still a good deal: we enjoyed the mud bath again, had a recently remodeled room with flat screen TV, fridge, etc upstairs. Now there is a Bocci Court behind the hotel, plus more seating areas and bicycles! Guests can use the bike for 3 hours, helmets and lock are provided - a nice bonus to ride to the restaurant for lunch, or gentle bike trip through the streets of Calistoga.
One mineral bath (the one that was mildly hot) was under repair, so only the pool and the really hot jacuzzi were available.

Room Tip: very good deals outside the peak days (weekend and holidays)
3  Thank usuallyhappytravels
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Loved the place - did the "girlfriends getaway package" - room was nice and spacious, the massages were yummy, the mud bath - different, not what I expected - but ok... bed was very comfy. The mineral pools were ok - just felt a bit like a gym pool. Met all of our expectations.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank sparksnv
Reviewed 29 November 2013

This was such an amazing experience - albeit a hilarious one as well. My husband and I did the mud baths and we haven't laughed that hard in years. We picked Golden Haven because they allowed us to have the whole experience together, side-by-side, and we are so happy for that. The mud was squishy and gross at times, but somehow still really relaxing and invigorating. After the mud bath we got to shower each other off and then into the mineral water hot tub where we soaked for awhile before our blanket wrap and massage. The entire time we had a private area and an attendant that checked on us, applied cool wash cloths on our forehead, gave of ice water and took hilarious pictures of us covered in mud. I would happily do this again!

4  Thank jjbenitez
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This is a property that perfectly matches a classy experience and the lack of a pretentious attitude. For those of us that are not 1%ers, but who still want to appreciate some of the spoils of the good life, then this is the very good place. Every staff member was friendly, and I sensed no attitude at all.

The rooms and grounds are nice. They could possibly stand for a bit of modernization in some places, but everything works and is comfortable. It's not a giant property, so there won't be multitudes of people around, so there is a sense of solitude.

The spa experience was extremely relaxing. I had never done a mud bath before, so was surprised that there was much more to it than just laying in some mud. And the massage was excellent! Kink in neck GONE! :)

I would certainly come back here again. I'm not high society, but I do have standards, and this property more than met them.

Room Tip: I've only stayed here once, with another couple. If you are doing the same, you might want sepa...
1  Thank jrengineer
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

The swimming pool and jacuzzi's are fantastic. We have met many other happy couples there. The room with a spa is spacious, comfortable, stylish, & clean--with king-size bed, large LCD TV with cable, a desk, table & chairs, fridge, ironing board & iron, coffee-pot & mugs, complimentary candies & spring water, & a huge shower with a firm oxygenated nozzle--& then there is the private spa, right in your room. Fresh-brewed coffee awaits you in front of the office @ 7:30AM. Then there are the famous mud baths, massages, & wraps. But now there is more!
There are additional new features that can't be beat: Like the newly paved & expanded parking lot, the 8 bikes & helmets, the ping pong table, the double hammock, the Bocci Courts, & the clubhouse ( with snacks & drinks, a large dining room & living room with games, & a large LCD TV with cable.)
Everyone here is extremely pleasant & helpful, making you feel like you are part of the family. Every accommodation is made for your enjoyment & convenience, and a lot of thought has gone into meeting your every need.
We enjoyed being here so much, that we are ready to tell everyone we can about it. What is so unique about this place, is that we felt we could be happy staying right here, as there is so much to do.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Obsta
Reviewed 13 November 2013

My husband and I were greeted by Shirley who was so kind and helpful. We had signed up for a mud bath and massage. Matea walked us through the mud bath experience which we thoroughly enjoyed. She was very attentive and made sure everything was ok. This was followed by a 1 hour massage. Dala and Shannon were our massage therapists. My husband and I said it was the best massage we ever had. We enjoyed our stay and spa experience at the Golden Haven Resort.

1  Thank Shonda V