Golden Haven Hot Springs Spa
UpValley Inn & Hot Springs(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
US$232
US$179
AscendHotels
The Bergson(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
US$170
Best Western Plus Stevenson Manor(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
US$251
US$227
Fanny's Bed and Breakfast(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
US$211
Wine Way Inn(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
US$195
US$566
US$1,325
US$905
Official Website
All reviewscouples mud bathblanket wrapmineral watersuperior roomhour massagesulfur smellfull body massagehot springsfun experienceside by sidewrapsquiet roomcouples massageyour partnermassage therapistbocce ballmud treatment
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I had a couples mud bath here, for the novelty of the experience and also because I love spas and hot springs. This was nothing like most of the spas I've been to. Dated, dimly-lit, no effort put into the atmosphere or decor. The mud bath room was grey and institutional, with ancient plastic mats and showers. I thought the mud bath was kind of fun, but my partner hated it and found it disgusting. It stinks, and doesn't feel at all like being pampered. The 'experience' ends with you lying in a small room, sweating into a blanket, listening to Enya. It's not even very relaxing: you can hear doors banging and people talking outside in the corridor. Overall, pretty unimpressed.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank katiescarlett78
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We took advantage of the couples package deal that they had during the off season. One night stay with a spa package. The staff was very helpful and friendly and the spa package was great. We will be coming back again.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I had booked the couple mud bath package for my husband's 30th birthday and wanted to surprise him. It was a beautiful drive from Bay area to Calistoga. We arrived a hour before our appointment. The front desk lady helped us with the registration and guided us very well. She said we could use the 'hot water jacuzzi' and the swimming pool until our appointment beings. Quinn was assigned as our attendant during the mud bath process and he guided us perfectly through the entire process. He was absolutely amazing. Respected our privacy and would not hurry us during the process. In fact, he took us in 5 mins early so that we could enjoy and stay longer if needed. The place is extremely tidy and with that amount of mud they have maintained it very well! The mud bath was very relaxing. Quinn applied a clay mask during the mud bath. Later, we were asked to use the shower before entering the jacuzzi. It was fuming hot but Quinn offered us cold water and felt refreshed. The smell of the sulfur is bearable. I never felt uncomfortable though Quinn was a male attendant. I almost slept in the last process of the mid bath where they wrap you with a towel to reduce the body heat. The music was soothing. Afterwards, we opted for a half hour couple massage which costed extra. Our masseuses were very experienced and I wish I had taken an hour massage with them.The whole experience was a bliss. The prices are very reasonable for the service they provide. I would definitely recommend this for a weekend romantic getaway without spending lot of $$. All in all it was indeed the best spa experience of my life.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

A beautiful place to escape and relax. Offers lots of additional amenities such as bocci ball, bikes, pool, jacuzzi and fire pit area. A great value, with many specialized packages to choose from. The absolute best massage I ever had ! Looking forward to visiting again soon!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 5 March 2014

If you're looking for fancy shmancy, this isn't your place. If you're looking for a clean, comfortable and relaxing time that is a good value, stay here. The property is very nicely kept, the renovated "king standard" rooms are very clean with a small fridge and very comfortable bed and pillows. My husband and I did a couple's mud bath and it was a very nice experience, Chris was tremendous, great staff. The property is within walking distance to the main street with a grocery store and many nice shops and restaurants.

Prices are very reasonable for the area. If you want fancy robes and people waiting on you hand and foot, then you'll need to spend $500-$600 per night. If you want pleasant surroundings, nice people with more-than-adequate amenities, then I would definitely recommend this place for a nice weekend getaway without spending mega $$.

3  Thank Clearview3000