“Best stay ever”

Golden Haven Hot Springs Spa
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Calistoga
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This was me and my husband 1st trip to CA. We booked the Golden Haven spa based on reviews and were not disappointed. The staff is wonderful. We stayed there for 2 nights and did the mud bath and massage. Mud bath is a must, it is one of the most relaxing experiences ever. Everything from the spa, rooms and town is very welcoming. Definitely will be planning another trip there.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 March 2014

like they say... when in Rome! OK, we had to try the mud baths. I was a little skeptical based on people telling me this mud smells but I wanted to try it. It was definitely different but Amazing! The mud did smell, but our wonderful attendant sprayed eucalyptus spray which helped. We did a couples package and found a 2-4-1 on deal foursquare (score!) so we added on massages. Mud baths and massages were great. The place looks like a motel from the road so I was skeptical, but it was very clean and the staff was excellent. I would do it again! You also get to use the amenities before or after your treatment which is nice. Also, bring your camera. Your attentant will snaps some pics of you in the mud. Its a great little souvineer :)

1  Thank JessicaZ4
Reviewed 17 March 2014

If you are looking for a place to relax and unwind from your busy work schedule/life "Golden Haven Hot Springs Spa" is the place to be. The small town of Calistoga is very quiet and welcoming. I have visited Golden Haven at least 4-5 times over the last few years and each time it has been a wonderful experience. The staff is very welcoming and professional. During each of my visits I have enjoyed the MUD Baths which is to die for. It is something about that MUD Bath that softens my skin and relaxes my muscles. I have also enjoyed my massages and hot springs bath. The therapist are experienced. I have stayed over night at some point in all the hotel rooms they have to offer and they all have been clean and comfortable. On my last visit which was two weeks ago it rained all weekend, but despite that I was able to use the covered pool, Jacuzzi, and Hot springs bath. They have comfortable chairs, tables, water fountain, and fire pit area to sit and just enjoy the campus. I am already planning for my next visit with my girlfriends. Don't miss out! I am sure you will enjoy your visit.

Room Tip: If making reservations for the weekend it is better to call at least 3 weeks in advance.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I had a couples mud bath here, for the novelty of the experience and also because I love spas and hot springs. This was nothing like most of the spas I've been to. Dated, dimly-lit, no effort put into the atmosphere or decor. The mud bath room was grey and institutional, with ancient plastic mats and showers. I thought the mud bath was kind of fun, but my partner hated it and found it disgusting. It stinks, and doesn't feel at all like being pampered. The 'experience' ends with you lying in a small room, sweating into a blanket, listening to Enya. It's not even very relaxing: you can hear doors banging and people talking outside in the corridor. Overall, pretty unimpressed.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank katiescarlett78
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We took advantage of the couples package deal that they had during the off season. One night stay with a spa package. The staff was very helpful and friendly and the spa package was great. We will be coming back again.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I had booked the couple mud bath package for my husband's 30th birthday and wanted to surprise him. It was a beautiful drive from Bay area to Calistoga. We arrived a hour before our appointment. The front desk lady helped us with the registration and guided us very well. She said we could use the 'hot water jacuzzi' and the swimming pool until our appointment beings. Quinn was assigned as our attendant during the mud bath process and he guided us perfectly through the entire process. He was absolutely amazing. Respected our privacy and would not hurry us during the process. In fact, he took us in 5 mins early so that we could enjoy and stay longer if needed. The place is extremely tidy and with that amount of mud they have maintained it very well! The mud bath was very relaxing. Quinn applied a clay mask during the mud bath. Later, we were asked to use the shower before entering the jacuzzi. It was fuming hot but Quinn offered us cold water and felt refreshed. The smell of the sulfur is bearable. I never felt uncomfortable though Quinn was a male attendant. I almost slept in the last process of the mid bath where they wrap you with a towel to reduce the body heat. The music was soothing. Afterwards, we opted for a half hour couple massage which costed extra. Our masseuses were very experienced and I wish I had taken an hour massage with them.The whole experience was a bliss. The prices are very reasonable for the service they provide. I would definitely recommend this for a weekend romantic getaway without spending lot of $$. All in all it was indeed the best spa experience of my life.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

A beautiful place to escape and relax. Offers lots of additional amenities such as bocci ball, bikes, pool, jacuzzi and fire pit area. A great value, with many specialized packages to choose from. The absolute best massage I ever had ! Looking forward to visiting again soon!

• Stayed: March 2014