“The Perfect B&B!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 27 Calistoga B&B and Inns
Los Angeles
“The Perfect B&B!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2006

My boyfriend and I took a trip to lovely Calistoga for our 2 year anniversary. We stayed in the Cottage at the Chelsea Inn and were THRILLED with the accomodations. As wonderful as our cottage was, it was Gary the Inn keeper that made the trip so special. The Breakfasts are amazing, the wine and cheese reception is charming. It's in walking distance to "downtown Calistoga". We can't wait to come back! I can't overstate the delightfulness of our stay at Chelsea Garden Inn!!

• Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank kishabeach

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
South Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2006

I recently took my husband and three other couples to Napa Valley for a surprise 60th birthday present. We usually stay at a large resort when we go out there, but this time wanted something more "homey" since we were travelling with other couples. We couldn't have found a better place than Chelsea Garden Inn with its very comfortable suites, large living room and pool areas.

It is located just a couple of blocks from the main street in Calistoga, making it very convenient to both main roads in Napa Valley (Silverado Trail and Route 29). The owner, though not on the premises, was very accommodating thru e-mails setting this trip up (because it was a surprise), even getting the B&B manager to order us a cake for my husband's birthday.

Speaking of the B&B manager, Gary, he could not have been more wonderful. He was very helpful with any questions we had and made the most wonderful gourmet breakfasts every morning (even making them earlier than house rules to accommodate our early schedules). As my husband said, "No is not in his vocabulary." All in all, it was a wonderful trip to Napa, but especially made even better because of Chelsea Garden Inn.

Stayed August 2006
1 Thank Linlar
coppell, texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2006

Just returned from our first girls trip with sister in laws and mom. Our first stop was two nights at Chelsea Gardens and I have to say I could not of imagined a nicer stay anywhere. The whole expereince was absolutelty perfect! The Inn was chock full of Old World European charm that put you in a peaceful place well needed by the time you arrive.
The beds were comfortable and the warm and inviting living room was wonderful for evening gatherings for wine and cheese. My favorite was the wonderful breakfast that Gary prepared in the mornings topped off with fresh fruit, coffe and juice. Gary did everthing with such pride and perfection at the inn and was so very helpful with assisting you with all your needs. I am difinantly looking forward to returniing to a place that knows the true meaning of hospitality. A+ for Gary and Chelsea Garden.

• Stayed July 2006
2 Thank texsis80
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2006

My husband and I decided to turn his business trip into a mini vacation. We had few options because we booked late, Saturday night (4/1) for the following Thursday and Friday (4/ 6 - 7). We tried to book online for the Chelsea Gardens. Their staff member called that evening because the online booking was problematic. She took my credit card and other information, and reserved a room for us. Two days later, my father died. I called the hotel (Tuesday morning, 4/4) and canceled our reservation explaining that there was a death in my family and that we were catching a flight out of state that morning.

When we returned home we found the hotel had charged us almost $200. I was certain this was a mistake, so contacted hotel staff and the owner. The owner was unwilling to reverse the charges. I explained that I had booked only a few days in advance, provided my credit and other information over the phone to a staff member, cancelled because my father died, notified them as soon as I could, and was not told of any fee when I spoke with the staff to book or to cancel. I noted the significance of the reason for our change of plans and asked for her understanding.

The owner refused and noted that she could have charged us for both nights. Her short-sighted, callous approach to the situation guaranteed that we will never stay at the Chelsea Gardens. I refuse to do business with those who have lost their humanity. I caution people who are thinking of staying there to consider other options.

Stayed April 2006
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2006

Wine country. Doesn't get any better than that! We were so pleased with the Chelsea Garden Inn. The suite was lovely, the common room light and airy, the pool restful and refreshing. We enjoyed light conversation with our host as a wonderful breakfast was prepared, and relaxed late in the afternoon with wine and hors d'ouevres. We strolled to Calistoga's quaint 'downtown' from the Inn. This is what we love (and expect) of a B&B.

• Stayed April 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Pleasanton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2006

My wife and I stayed at this B&B this past month. We had a great time. It was our very first B&B. Our time could not have been better. We stayed in the lavender room. We loved the sitting room and the bathroom. This was in addition to the bedroom. There was a nice gas fireplace by the bed that heated the room. Most of th time my wife and I enjoy staying in a nice hotel. We always wanted to try a B&B. After this experience we could not believe what we had been missing. The room was so much nicer than your regular embassy suite or hilton. The attention to detail made you feel that it as worth every penny. I might add that we paid more for a embassy room the night before. The social room was excellent. Nice quiet music with some wine and cheese, plus the fire going. Very nice furniture and clean. You really felt like you were at a friends house. In the morning we got the chance to sit around with other guest that were there talk about anything that came up. It was a nice way to start the day.

• Stayed January 2006
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Iphone12_34QWEC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2005

This was our 5th visit to Chelsea Garden and we have tried several other places in the surrounding area. What keeps us coming back is the uniqueness of the layout of the property which has several seperate residences. Each one has its own character and all are nicely appointed and homey. You can't beat the full morning breakfast which is prepared with fresh ingrediants and outstanding recipes. The proprietor is friendly and full of information to help you find the best restaurants, spas and wineries. We will definitely be back. Mary and Allan

Stayed November 2005