“A Wonderful Place To Stay In Wine Country”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Calistoga
Meadowlark Country House
Ranked #5 of 27 Calistoga B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This review is long overdue but I wanted to make sure people knew how nice this place was...we only stayed one night during our whirlwind tour of Northern California but it was a wonderful part of the trip. We arrived mid-afternoon and no one was there but there was a note on the door specifically for us that gave us great instructions on how to get to our room and that they would be back soon. We were upgraded to a nicer room which was very nice and we got settled in and wanted to take a quick dip in the pool. We really enjoyed the clothing-optional pool, it was just us and another couple at the pool and they were in suits so it's no big deal either way. It was a little chilly/windy that day so we took advantage of the really nice hot tub and it was really relaxing with wonderful views. One of the owners ended up joining us in the hot tub and pretty much gave his life story on how he ended up with the place which was a neat story. We had a amazing meal in town at SolBar...it's pricy but it was worth every penny. The next morning we woke up to a brisk morning and I took another soak in the hot tub and it was one of the best mornings of my life...so relaxing. We had breakfast with the other guests on the porch and had an AMAZING eggs benedict, fresh fruit and granola and talked briefly with the guests/owners. Most others were staying longer but we were headed to San Francisco so we headed out quickly after breakfast. When we return to Northern California, we will DEFINITELY be staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 November 2013

I have been coming to the valley for 13 years, rented some very nice homes, & stayed at some fantastic B&B's. This was by far the nicest B&B. It was a true Shangri-La. Beautiful rooms, grounds, pool, horses. I did not want to leave. Richard & Kurt were awesome. I will never look elsewhere when choosing a B&B again.

Room Tip: All rooms are fantastic. look at the pics on the site. There are no bad ones.
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Our 25th anniversary will forever be our favorite.

Our time spent at this paradise was incredible!

My wife had tears in her eyes as we crossed the bridge to leave. (I fought mine back!)

Room 4 was spectacular from the moment we walked in we knew it was going to be a great stay.

Coffee on that huge patio in the morning with the chill in the morning air was a great start to our day.

Richard's breakfast was unbelievable! Cooked to order eggs benedict! Not your typical B&B!

The pool, hot tub, and sauna were a welcome site after "working" so hard all day...............tasting wine! We rented bikes at Calistoga Bike shop, great way to see the country side.

Kurt and Richard are the best hosts!

We were so happy with our stay! We will be back! Already saving for the next trip!
Rich & Lisa

1  Thank DiverDown111
Reviewed 20 October 2013

This is the third time we visited Napa Valley and all 3 times we stayed at the Meadowlark. We're already booking our room for next year's trip. Meadlowlark is Unique because the property has a covered bridge, mountain views, horses, gardens, and a clothing optional pool. It is Fabulous because "our room" (Mountainview Room) is so comfortable, with our own deck facing the horses and the mountains; a jacuzzi tub, a fridge for wine, and a lovely soothing decor. It's the Best because Richard and Kurt are such great hosts who always offer ideas for things to do in the area, places to eat, towns to visit, wineries to try and so on. Breakfast at the Meadowlark is always delicious, the setting is incredible, and the conversation lively. It's the most relaxing enjoyable place to be, and we cannot wait for our next trip!

Room Tip: We have only stayed in the Mountainview Room, it's our favorite. But best rooms would be those...
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Kurt and Richard are great hosts. They have a beautiful property which they've set up to be a lovely secluded hide-away. We stayed in the Pond Room, which was very private and indeed had a Pond and patio all to ourselves. The pool was heated and the sauna and hot tub were great. There was an interesting mix of guests and we all had a chat over home cooked breakfast. I will definitely be back. This clothing optional place has a friendly, relaxed and comforting feel.

Room Tip: Suites in the Guest Wing are larger, but further away from the pool.
Reviewed 15 October 2013

that is was the perfect location for me to propose to my now fiancée! We returned to Meadowlark to celebrate her 50th birthday and I wanted to make it extra special for her. In fact it was on a previous trip to Meadowlark that Kurt took me aside and told me she was the perfect women for me and she should be my wife! I listened…. And he is right! Meadowlark will always be special to us.

Kurt & Richard are all around wonderful hosts. I look forward to breakfasts … not only is the food terrific… but so is the conversation which is always stimulating and fun! Meeting fellow guests is always a treat.

The rooms are comfortable and nicely furnished… the view from the room is wonderful… the grounds are well maintained. The pool is always a treat… relaxed and friendly. We have stayed in the Main House (#4) and the Guest House - Pond Room and recommend both.

Meadowlark is definitely a “5”! Highly recommended! We will be back again… hopefully sooner then later. (Our stay was the end of July 2013 – I am tardy in my posting. )

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I loved everything about the Meadowlark Country House. We stayed in the MT. view room, it also had a beautiful view of the horses that are on the property. Rich and Kurt we're wonderful, helped plan our day, cooked a wonderful breakfast, and shared a laugh or two!
The property and pool/ spa area are beautiful and well kept. There are special sculptures on the property that make great photo opts! The trip to Meadowlark made our 25th anniversary very special. We love Calistoga!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple