“A very nice stay here”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Calistoga
Meadowlark Country House
Ranked #4 of 27 Calistoga B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 September 2007

The owners are very nice and helpful. WE stayed in a downstairs room that had french doors on 3 sides which we opened. It was almost like sleeping outside. The pool is why we stayed here...very quiet and clean and refreshing cool water..did not have time to get in the spa but wish I had. Richard gave us very good recommendations for supper for both nights, places we would not have found on our own. It was lovely and has a natural garden as well. The only downside is that the A/C does not work so great and we were hot when we first got there and I had a little freak out but calmed down and after a dip in the pool, turning on the fans (3) and the evening air cooled it off, I relaxed and was fine. The next day we were careful to close our blinds to the sun coming in all day and the room was much cooler and that was fine. I would definitely go back, the food and setting were lovely.

Stayed: August 2007
4  Thank docgresh

Reviewed 29 July 2007

We book our room with a month in advance, after check the web site and the reviews in this site Me and my partner expect to have a great time in Napa Valley. Close to our arrival we call the B&B asking for directions and the person was quite rude in the phone, but I thought being not a American born maybe my accent was a problem so I pass the phone to my partner a American still not much change with the attitude, getting in the place we had a strange felling seems not well take care of, but we decide to keep going trow the rotten apples who are in the entrance due a apple tree they have, nobody greet us just taped on the door was a envelope with our name and the room number telling the key is in the door. Going inside the room a message by the door due health concern the pool is being shut down by the county. We are tired and decide to make the best and besides that the room look very nice, but we fell the air being stale and a cheap plastic fan on in the room trying to make the air circulate, immediately our worse suspicion confirm the AC didn't work, I call the phone number of the B&B I heard a phone ring inside the house and a complain about the situation they tell me the AC controller is in the living room, finally one decide to came over downstairs and show us... Turn down and give me a garage fan to circulate the air in the room... We are definitely not very happy about the situation at the price we pay we really expect better, but anyway let see how go We take a shower change the clothes and the room still hot definitely the A/C it's broke let's call the B&B again so finally she came over and she is very clear I'm fully booked and I can't do anything implying We are stuck with that room. True to be said Napa Valley is extremely busy at this time the year and basically everything is booked our filling mix between frustration and disappointment. Lucky we ask for help for a local and that way We found a nice room at Dr. Witkson .

Stayed: July 2007
2  Thank rfamaral
Reviewed 21 July 2007

My wife and I were on our honeymoon in Napa Valley, and were really ne rvous about where to stay and what to do in Napa. We chose Meadowlark from Fodor's guide book, and everything we read about from the book and from Trip Advisor was exactly right. Meadowlark is amazing. It sits right outside of Calistoga on a big chunk of land set back from the highway. The ground includes a horse stable, beauitful gardens, and great views of the surrounding areas. The owners, Kurt and Richard are the greatest people in the world. Kurt takes care of the grounds and the horses, while Richard cooks the meals, helps new guests find things to do in the area, and attends to needs in the room. We got there, and found a wonderful note saying that our room was ready and that they were out on the town running errands. We stayed in the Mountain View room, and it featured a huge deck for our room, a 4 post bed, television with DVD and VHS player, along with a mini fridge and couch and siting area. The bathroom was beautiful and included a 2 person jacuzzi tub, that was so relaxing. In the mornings, we went to the main house and were greated with a wonderful breakfast. A bowl of cereal, orange juice, and coffee were all waiting for us at our table. After we sat and ate, Richard came out with the main course, which was different everyday. One day we had custard filled french toast covered in strawberries, another was what Richard called a fluffy omelete, and the third day we had poached eggs. During breakfast, Richard would sit down with us, and talk to us and answer any questions we had. He knows the valley so well and suggested places we go everyday (including restaurants to eat at, wineries to go to, and places not to go because they were tourist traps or had bad reviews) Everyone of his suggestions was perfect. The property also includes a pool, jacuzzi, and sauna that is clothing optional. Our stay at Meadowlark was so relaxing and wonderful. When we go back to Napa Valley, we will be staying at Meadowlark again. They made you feel so wonderful and welcome.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2007

This was our first forray into the smaller Inn/B&B experience and we just couldn't say enough positive things about this place. We stayed in the Mountain Room and it was just a little slice of heaven. Very large room with three sets of french doors which you can leave open all day long if you like - with a nice breeze blowing through.

Kurth and Richard let us have the run of the place - anything we needed, just go downstairs and grab it - like glasses, plates or such if we were wanting some private time on the deck of our room.

The breakfasts were great for us - the portions weren't over-the-top and Richard really does do an excellent job. We're health conscious and he was great about that.

The pool area is something I am surprised isn't written more about in other reviews. It is something else! Like something you would find any four star hotel in terms of opulence. It is indeed clothing optional but unless you're a prude you would be fine with this - quite tasetful.

This is being a tiny bit nit-picky but the only thing I winged about was the noise from the road which you can hear in the house. This really is splitting hairs though - after the first day I didn't notice.

We would go back in a heartbeat and would highly recommend this to anyone!!!

Stayed: June 2007
Reviewed 4 July 2007

What a wonderful inn! A piece of heaven on earth. I would recommend the Meadowlark to anyone looking to get away from it all in beautiful Napa. My husband and I were in San Fran for business and decided to do a long weekend in Napa. Based upon the strong reviews in Trip Advisor we decided to try the Meadowlark. We are so glad we did. We stayed in the Mountain room which is in a separate building from the main building and kitchen. It gave us amazing privacy, we had our own patio overlooking the mountains, barn and horses.

The rooms are beautifully decorated, ours with a four poster bed. Also, the location is just a few short minutes from down town Calistoga which has cute stores, a coffee shop and some great little restaurants. We hired a driver and toured the country, highly recommended for a day of wine tasting.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2007

There are so many great things to say about this B&B that it’s almost exhausting to try to justify its beauty and charm in a review. On a scale of relaxation it’s beyond the charts peaceful and tranquil. Since it’s in Calistoga, which from San Francisco allows you to drive through most of the wine country first, we stopped at some of the furthest wineries on our way to the hotel. As a result we got in later in the day and there was a sweet note on the door welcoming us. They let us know where our room was, how to get the key, when breakfast was served, and that they had upgraded our room.
BREAKFAST: Breakfast of course was beautifully charming and tasty, always with a bowl of cereal along with one day pancakes and the next day eggs Benedict. The hosts Kurt and Richard are the sweetest people ever and we looked forward to seeing them each morning at breakfast. They would spoil us with good food then sit and join us for breakfast. They have all the information you could ever need and help you pick the best way to spend your vacation and help you get reservations where their needed. They were extremely helpful and made us feel like family. They even gave us a baggy of fresh picked cherry’s from the garden. It doesn’t get much better than that.
ROOMS: I’ve attached pictures of various rooms because Richard was sweet enough to walk us around the property and show us all the different charms of all the different rooms. The pictures speak for the amazing modern taste of Kurt who decorated them, the bedding even made my husband want the same comforters for our bed at home. The water is all natural mineral water which makes your skin feel beautiful, and we tried to drink at least a glass a day since it’s suppose to be very good for you. All the extra comforts of home are mixed with the beautiful modern styling’s such as; a small fridge, robes, wine glasses, chocolates, and even a perfectly relaxing mixed CD in the stereo.
I can’t say enough wonderful things about this hotel or Napa itself. We had the most romantic vacation of our lives here, and that’s saying a lot seeing that we travel often. We are already trying to plan our next trip back within a month and want to bring our families and friends. If you’re looking for a modern room with all charm of a tranquil retreat then I can promise you happiness with this B&B.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank pearsonwc
Reviewed 22 April 2007

Oh my gosh, what a wonderful experience! My husband and I stayed there for 2 nights and couldn't be more pleased. Our hosts, Richard and Kurt, were gracious and so welcoming. Kurt gave us wonderful recommendations for dinner as we spoke with him while we were in the hot tub - so relaxing. Our breakfast each morning, prepared to perfection by Richard, was so wonderfull and filling that it was enough to keep us going all day until dinner! The grounds are wonderfully kept, as well as their horses and stables (beautiful animals). The room we stayed in was quite comfortable, tasteful and clean (loved the jacuzzi).
The guests we met there were all so friendly and warm.
We loved the clothing optional pool area; it's quite liberating.
We will definitely be coming back.
Thanks Richard and Kurt!