“Fanny's - Calistoga”

Fanny's Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #13 of 27 Calistoga B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 August 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at Fanny's for our wedding anniversary. It's in a great location and walking distance from the main street Lincoln Avenue. It's a charming house and our room was nice and clean. Definitely a more cozy feeling. The bathroom was clean and had all the amenities. I must admit though, I wasn't exactly pleased with my initial experience when we arrived. There was no one to greet us, no help with our bags or even to check us in - just a sign on the door to pick our room (which was the only one available). That was not a good start in my book. I didn't meet Deanna until the next morning at breakfast, but I wouldn't exactly say I met her. She never introduced herself or even asked if the room was okay. She did ask questions about where we had been, etc. and even suggested to stop by one of the local wineries. The breakfast was nice/okay. She had a tasty southwestern chili egg dish, but when it had been served for me it had been warmed again and was a bit crusty. Probably was better when baked fresh. It was a self serve buffet with juice, coffee, tea, fresh fruit, muffins and a very yummy cinnamon toast. All together I would say our experience was average. If you're looking for a place with a more personal touch, this is not the place for you. If you prefer not to be bothered and go about your business - this definitely is your place. It's just a matter of preference. My husband on the other hand liked it.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Theresa B

Reviewed 16 July 2012

We stayed two night at Fanny's and I only wish it was more! We had a cosy queen room and there was ample space in it - my husband is 6"2 and had no bother. The room is cosy and charming with all kinds of knick-knaks and ornaments on display and had air con for those hot Californian evenings.
Deanna herself was great: nothing was too much trouble and she recommended some great local places to visit (and, was suggesting places to other folk there too who clearly wanted something totally different from us so), which we loved, printed off maps for us, found info on places we wanted to and was generally a great help and very welcoming. Even though we arrived well after 11pm due to a delayed flight.
Fanny's location is great - just a couple of blocks back from Calistoga's main street - and there's a big hammock and picnic table in the yard. I'm not sure if they're for guest use as we didn't have time to have a go.
A mention must also go to Deanna's breakfast. This is not a lady that will send you off with an empty stomach. Each day there were delicious breads and jams, amazing pastries, glorious fresh fruit and always a freshly made egg dish.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I stayed here back in 2008 with my parents and what a fantastic place it was. In the heart of Calistoga it is surrounded in beauty. A place I will never forget. May I add Fanny made a brilliant breakfast :)

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2012 via mobile

Great little spot very conveniently located in Calistoga. Quaint, comfortable and cozy B&B. Small rooms, but cute. Great breakfast. Great "greeters" - 3 cute little mutts. We'd definately stay here again. Deanna knows a lot about the area.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 10 October 2011

I am 6'2, 200 pounds. If you are any larger than me, I recommend you looking for a place a bit more spacious. We liked the inn-keeper fine, although she was not as welcoming as other B&B hosts we have had in the past. She plays some soft, soothing music throughout the afternoon, which we thought was a nice touch. Breakfast was okay, but nothing to write home about. The front porch and the hammock out in the front yard were relaxing, and the location is convenient to the restaurants and wineries of Calistoga. The street itself on which the B&B is located does not scream of class, however. And the bathrooms and bedrooms are small (see initial note above) with a rustic scent. The price is affordable compared to other B&B's in the area.

Room Tip: She has three rooms, so it is private, and each room has its own small bathroom.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank doctimothy
Reviewed 29 August 2011

The breakfasts were delicious. The hotel is charming and comfortable, but not fancy, and is close to Main St. Best of all is the wonderful tour guide advice from the hotel owner - she really knows her stuff and came up with some great itineraries for us.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bill743
Reviewed 12 August 2011

I visited Napa for the first time in April and was so thankful that I happened to stay at Fanny's. The quaint B&B is located in the heart of Calistoga and convenient to all wineries throughout the Valley. The B&B owner, Deanna, was a great host and recommended some of the best wineries and restaurants that I went to. She made a home-cooked breakfast every morning that was absolutely amazing. She was a great resource for trip suggestions and things to do and I doubt I would have had the same experience during my trip if it weren't for her ideas. The rooms were clean and adorable. The other guests were extremely friendly (and also willing to share some glasses of wine they had picked up throughout the day). Overall, I will stay at Fanny's every time I visit Napa and recommend it to anyone looking to visit the area!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple