“it was like camping in a tent but the tent had more room”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Calistoga
Washington Street Lodging
Ranked #23 of 27 Calistoga B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 March 2013

we stayed one night in cabin 4 and the experience was like camping in a tent except a tent has more room.
all the rooms were small and the only seating were two little cafe chairs in the kitchenette and no chairs in the main room.
Best part was the deck but the chairs were unconfortable and the kids across in the school playground did not go home until 7pm so we had lots of screaming and yelling and did not experience much peace and quiet in the afternoon.

The bed was ok but the pillows were terrible. too soft and stuffed with feathers I think as I was sneezing from the feathers.

When I went and spoke to the man running the place several times it seemed he was annoyed in having to answer any questions or give any help. He lives in a separate cabin and because of that he is not very available or there is no lobby to wait in after checkout.
One of my comments was on the wifi reception and he said it should be just fine in the cabin but that was not true. I had to keep reactivating it or connecting to another wifi network to get reception. Even if he said it worked fine I can attest it did not work consistently in the bedroom, kitchenette or deck and keep in mind this is a very small cabin.

I have no reason to recommend this place and would suggest one of the resorts or the chain hotel a few blocks from downtown.

Room Tip: get a room in front away from the school across the creek
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank georwc

Reviewed 5 November 2012

The Washington Street Lodging is several cottages set amidst towering trees with lovely grounds and only a few blocks from restaurants and shops. It feels more like a vacation cottage rather than a hotel room. Accommodations include a kitchenette, living room and large bedroom. Outside there is seating and a hammock for gazing at the stars or day dreaming under the towering trees. Beds, linens, and pillows are downy soft and oh so comfortable for a restful night of sleep. I appreciated the cleanliness of the room. You will be lulled to sleep by the crickets and awakened by birds singing. I loved staying here and will be back often.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank InternationalGal
Reviewed 12 September 2012

A quick getaway to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary. Frankly, by the name, I didn't know what to expect. Originally I booked a hotel down the block, saw the first night charges after reserving it and had second thoughts. After reviewing Trip Advisor and Yelp, saw some good reviews on this property, all very positive. I took a gamble, called and booked with Joan, one of the owners. Upon arrival, we drove into the drive way of a late 1800s era house, nicely restored by the way, and proceeded to the back of the property where 5 small 80+ year old cottages arranged around a nicely decorated dex patio area. All the cottages have been updated and are in very good condition. Each unit is air conditioned and jas full wireless throughout the property. Two of the units overlook the heavily shrubbed Napa River. Upon entry to our #2 unit, Joan came out and greeted us showing us the amenties. We had a nicely decorated unit with comfortable queen size bed, a seperate day bed in the small living room, fully stocked kitchen and full shower in the bathroom. Lots of storage space which included a walk-in closet. The country type decor reminded me of my cute grandmother's residenece. Very comfortable, quiet, only 3 blocks North of town and next to a quiet Monastary...dont have to worry about noise at night....however, there is a school on the other side of the river which will yeild sounds of glee during recess. Great place and very reasonably priced. Would definitely domit again. I may have hampered my future availability after this review! Good job!

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2012

A friend and I came up for the Wine Country Ukulele Festival and stayed in Cottage #2. Hosts Joan and Jim were very friendly and welcoming, as was their sweet dog Sophie. So cozy and comfortable, almost like being at home. Clean, well kept and inviting atmosphere. Small breakfast niche and kitchen equipped with full-size stove/oven and fridge, coffee maker and a jar of coffee, toaster, even utensils and cookware. Extra towels and supplies in the bathroom. Nice outdoor patio area where my friends and I played our ukuleles the first evening until it was time to go to dinner. Prices very reasonable for the area. Great location on a quiet street, but just a short walk from the bustling downtown area. Couldn't have asked for more. We'll be back next year.

Room Tip: Wine Country is a "couples" destination, so if you are not a couple, ask for cottage 1 or...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank bmadscientist
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Friends and I stayed in three cottages over a weekend and enjoyed the homey, comfy experience. The lodging is 3-4 long blocks from the main street in Calistoga, which is a little middle-class town in the prettiest part of the Napa Valley (in contrast to nearby St. Helena which is very upscale). Each cottage has a kitchenette, with a jar of excellent Calistoga Roaster's coffee in the fridge, a selection of teas, serving dishes, and cookware if you want to fix your own breakfast or snack. Although the rooms are decorated in a maiden-auntish style with silk flowers, miscellaneous bric-a-brac and an assortment of furniture from chintz armchairs to rattan chests of drawers, they are spotlessly clean. Cottages # 3 and #4 have tiny decks that look over the Napa rivulet and the playground of a school, which I suppose could be a bit noisy during schooldays. On weekends it's rural and restful. The owner's dog Sophie is very sweet and docile.
Best of all, the prices are staggeringly reasonable for the Napa Valley, so book early during high season.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank 301Lake
Reviewed 4 February 2012

I don't think I can improve on the descriptions below. It's funky, in the good sense. Joan was sweet. We usually stay at the Calistoga Spa on our occasional visits, but on a spur of the moment need-for-hot-water, we couldn't find boarding for our little dog. We searched for pet-friendly lodging near the Spa. Of course there's the Pink Mansion, but it seemed just a little too "doily" for us. And perhaps a little too pricey. WSL was perfect. We stayed in #2 which also has a little kitchen. The bed looked too soft, but I melted into it. Small flat-screen TV, myriad channels. Fresh coffee in a large jar in fridge. Home Sweet Home.

Only problem we had was that we couldn't hook-up to the internet. WIFI was working but ISP not connected. Turned out to be a good excuse to turn it off for a couple of days.

I highly recommend the Washington Street Lodging - esp for dog lovers.

Room Tip: Cabins 1 or 2
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lightnin051
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We come up every year between Christmas and New Years, and this is definitely the best place in town if you've got a dog. Joan and her husband are wonderful hosts, the cottages are basic, but well supplied with fresh linens and comfortable mattresses. It's nice to have a little kitchen where simple food can be prepared, and it's only a couple of blocks to the middle of town and the Calistoga Spa, where you can reserve day visits, or in our case, join as guests, friends without a dog. We've never been here during the summer, but can imagine how nice the outdoor patio would be for meals and conversation. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for cabin 1, where at least four people can sit around the kitchen table. Cabin 2's kitchen...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends