“As Fine as the best Napa Valley Wine”
Review of Embrace Calistoga

Embrace Calistoga
Ranked #2 of 27 Calistoga B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 July 2014

If Luxe was a wine it would have a 100 point rating from Parker! Luxe is immaculate and beautifully appointed. The owners, Brent and Chris, have created a boutique B&B that is comfortable and true to the area. What I found interesting was that even if I had been traveling alone (which I was not), I would have felt wonderful at their property. In fact, for those who do travel alone, yet like to meet interesting people and eat incredible food (breakfast is legendary), Luxe is the place for you. One morning we had steak and eggs with Heirloom Tomatoes, the next we had a poached egg on Corn and Tomato Succotash. High attention to guests needs (mine: I like my coffee earlier than most on vacation -- and by 6:15 Brent was there to make sure I had a pot of french press as I wrote in my journal on the front porch -- with heats so the cool Napa Valley air did not disturb my peace. Great place.

Room Tip: I would want the largest room with a king bed next time I come back...but then again I only booked 2...
There are newer reviews for Embrace Calistoga

Reviewed 17 July 2014

My husband and I just returned from a 3 night stay at Luxe Calistoga where we had the most wonderful time! The inn itself is charming and historic with only 5 rooms. The wrap around porch is comfortable and inviting and it was the perfect setting for our wonderful 4 course breakfasts and wine and cheese in the afternoons. We stayed in the downstairs king suite and it was lovely. The attention to detail at the Luxe Calistoga rivals that of the finest luxury hotels. Breakfast is served on fine china accompanied by sterling silverware in the pattern of the mother of one of the hosts. In the afternoons, wonderful wines are served with beautifully presented individual cheese trays for each set of guests. As wonderful as all of this was, the best part of our Luxe Calistoga experience was befriending our hosts, Chris and Brent. Every morning we were cheerfully greeted and served by them and then sent on our way with a snack bag to keep us energized and hydrated. In the afternoons, we were warmly welcomed back and made to feel as if we were returning "home". One of the highlights of our day was the afternoon wine and cheese where we had the opportunity to visit with Chris and Brent and socialize with the other guests. Both of our hosts are very knowledgeable about the wineries in the area and Brent in particular was very helpful with directions, and suggestions for winery tours and points of interest. I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Joshua the chef, who prepared those delicious 4 course breakfasts accompanied by fresh squeezed orange juice and French Press coffee. He is a culinary genius. This trip was a celebration of our 30th wedding anniversary and after leaving the Luxe we went on Half Moon Bay to stay at the Ritz Carlton. The wonderful food, the personal service, and the warm hospitality of our two new friends, Brent and Chris, made our experience at the Luxe a superior experience. They have left us with wonderful memories of a very special trip. We can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

My wife and I recently spent two days at the Luxe Calistoga as part of a 9 day vacation from Seattle to San Francisco and, we must say, it was the highlight of the vacation. Brent and Chris, the owners of Luxe Calistoga, were absolutely phenomenal in every way. This was the first B&B that my wife and I have ever stayed at, so we were a little unsure of what to expect, but the entire experience was outstanding. Some highlights of our stay, or things that really stood out to us while we were there:

1) Brent and Chris - These guys are the best! They totally made us feel comfortable and welcome and were an absolute joy to talk to. They also were terrific in assisting us with planning our stay in Calistoga. Before we got to town we were unsure of what wineries and restaurants to see/eat at and the guys provided great recommendations for both. Brent took the time to sit down with us after breakfast the first morning and plan an entire bike route for us to take to see vineyards. The wineries we visited did not disappoint! At each one we went to, they would also ask where in Calistoga we were staying and when we told the wineries the Luxe Calistoga, their responses were always, "Aren't those guys great?" And they really were.

2) Gourmet food - Bottom line: some of the best food of our entire vacation! The presentation of the food is beautiful and it was all delicious! As I nut allergy sufferer, I usually have to be very careful with trying different foods, especially pastries. But with Brent and Chris, I had 100% confidence that they knew of my allergy and would only serve my items that were nut-free. I had one of the first Danishes I have had in a long time because of my allergy and it was sooo delicious.

3) Porch dining - One of the best features of the property is the great wraparound porch where you eat breakfast and where wine and cheese is hosted every afternoon from 5-7. These were great times to speak with the other guests or Brent and Chris, who are always a hoot to talk to. We really enjoyed the wine/cheese, as well. Each wine and cheese that was served has a story and is typically sourced from the region, which was very cool.

4) Rooms - We stayed in the queen deluxe room and it was perfect for us. Very clean, incredibly comfortable bed/linens and a spacious bathroom with great toiletries. We didn't spend that much time in the room, but it certainly exceeded our expectations.

Overall, we cannot say enough good things about our experience at Luxe. If my wife and I make our way to wine country again, this will be a must visit! We highly recommend this place!!!

1  Thank David P
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Couldnt have asked for a better B&B while in calistoga. Wine and Cheese in the afternoon on the porch. The owner was very knowledgable of the area. Great recommendations. Rooms are very nice and updated. IPads in the room. The breaksfast.....wow --- Amazing. Absolutely delicious. Food from the garden. The mini bloody mary made from the tomatoes in the garden was perfect. Everything was great about this place. We stayed 2 nights and it was excellent. Highly recommend this to anyone in the neighborhood. Priced perfectly! A++++++ Stayed July 2013!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ross R
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Exceeded my expectations. Amazing service, impeccable cleanliness, high quality linens, silverware,....gourmet food. I've stayed at fairmont Vancouver, mauni Lani bay in Hawaii ,4 seasons in Maui, and this sweet little B&B has exceeded in service, and food and quality.
No small wonder guests are booking return visits before they leave. The hosts are so incredibly gracious. Thank you :)

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 27 June 2014

It was a complete joy staying at Luxe and spending time with the crew! We are beyond gracious for everything, big and small, they did to make our trip incredible and one that we will never forget! From the morning and evening chats and laughs on the porch to the comfort of the room to the over the top breakfasts to the day planing and much more, it was awesome!! Walking back up to Luxe was truly like coming home. We highly recommend!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My wife and I arrived late Sunday afternoon. When we pulled up Brent offered to help bring in the luggage. We had gotten there just in time for wine and cheese. I don't drink alcohol so Brent went down the street to get me an alternative. Both Brent and Chris were very engaging and offered us a great recommendation for dinner. The room was spacious. The bathroom had a great tub and a separate shower. The breakfast the next morning was amazing and not by any means the run of the mill. They presented a home made professionally prepared cherry and chocolate pastry, a smoothie and a scrumptious "hash". We had a wonderful time.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple