Calistoga Ranch, An Auberge Resort
Wine Way Inn(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
US$195
US$158
Official Site
UpValley Inn & Hot Springs(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
US$232
US$179
AscendHotels
The Bergson(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
US$181
Fanny's Bed and Breakfast(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
US$211
Mount View Hotel & Spa(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
US$227
US$221
US$183
Best Western Plus Stevenson Manor(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
US$234
US$221
Agoda.com
US$254
US$566
US$495
Official Website
US$650
All reviewsoutdoor showerlakehouse restaurantgolf cartliving roomhiking trailsbedroom lodgedouble sided fireplaceconcierge staffoutdoor living areaseparate buildingsroom service isfrench laundrylarge deckchicken coopwine countryrental carbeautiful property
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Calistoga Ranch is one of the most unique resorts that we have had the pleasure to visit on more than one occasion. We would stay there just for the beds which my wife and I cannot praise enough. .. it is the best sleep we get anywhere outside our bed at home! The setting in Calistoga and the unique design and arrangement of the units as well as the superb amenities and knowledgeable staff all combine to make this resort special to us.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
CalistogaRanch, General Manager at Calistoga Ranch, An Auberge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear Donald T,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at Calistoga Ranch with us! We are so glad that even living locally, you enjoy the resort so much. We agree the beds are amazingly comfortable, and appreciate your compliments to our staff and amenities.

We look forward to welcoming you back many more times in the future!

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Who would have thought this started out as trailer park along the Silverado trail?
Set in a secluded canyon, this is nothing short of miraculous if you feel that the Auberge is a bit awkward with children.
The log cabins are lovely and the indoor/outdoor fireplace a great place to settle in the evening with a deli picnic and a last glass of wine.
Great walking trails and aromatic plants scatterred around the property make it a very pleasant retreat for walks anytime of the day. The small vineyard/orchard/veggie patch are a very nice distraction from the poolside and you can pick heirloom tomatoes fresh from the vin and enjoy on the spot. Beware, active but friendly beehive at the back.
Fab service, great fresh food, and for those with small chidren, ask for a babysitter. They have regulars who will spend the whole stay with you if necessary.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Milo22,

Thank you for the wonderful review of your stay with us! I am glad you took time to enjoy the beauty of The Ranch, such as the hiking trails, the native plants, and especially our Secret Garden and Bee Hives! We hope to welcome you back in the Summer so we can share our delicious heirlooms and honey with you!

Reviewed 8 December 2013

This year for Thanksgiving holiday we decided to check ourselves into a resort, we had never done this before and we were apprehensive about what kind of experience we were going to have. Thanksgiving is such a traditional family holiday with strong memories for most individuals.

I had initially contacted 3 resorts in the Napa area to inquire about what they offered for the holiday. I was surprised and disappointed in the lack of response from some of the resorts. I emailed them- - no reply, I called one and was cut off by an overly aggressive receptionist who refused to transfer me to the concierge (and I was a repeat customer at the resort!).

I was limited in my choices of resorts since I was specifically looking also for a dog friendly resort. When I got in touch with the Calistoga Ranch I received the most welcoming and helpful email message from Gregory Haas in the concierge area. This really made my decision for me in booking at this resort.

I corresponded via email with Gregory for some time setting up our Thanksgiving dinner reservation to be had on site at the resort restaurant The Lakehouse and also some olive oil and wine tasting activities.

The resort is as breathtaking and beautiful as the pictures. The rooms are so spacious, warm and contain the "dream bathroom." We had a cute dog bed, dog bowls and dog welcome treats upon arrival. We rented a 1 bedroom with a hot tub and found it to be very enjoyable. We sat in the hot tub every morning and night watching the bright stars in the sky.

Theres been some comments about how close the rooms are to on another. The answer is yes you can see your neighbors house, and they can see yours. But I found that the positioning of the windows were such that I never felt uncomfortable. I feel that they placed each unit with as much privacy as possible to each user in mind.

We went to the Spa on Thanskgiving day for a couples massage. I had the mud treatment and massage combination, my therapists name was Joseph and he did an amazing job. I was impressed with his knowledge and how intuitive he was with you and your body. I would highly recommend the spa. My partner had a traditional deep tissue massage and said it was great.

For Thanksgiving we went to the Lakehouse for dinner. They served a 4 course menu. I was really impressed with each course as each one was perfectly proportioned. I never felt like it was too much food, but I also didnt feel like it was to little of a portion. There was enough that you could enjoy each upcoming course without feeling over whelmed and over stuffed. I had the traditional turkey dinner and my boyfriend had the venison. We both felt that the main courses were fantastic. My boyfriend commented on how perfectly cooked the venison was. Any of our worries about having this most traditional of holiday meals at a hotel melted away. I would recommend to anyone to have a dinner there.

We also had 2 breakfasts at The Lakehouse. We received a warm welcome from Hector each morning and also got to speak with Christian the head chef. It was so nice to get to talk about food with Christian as he is so knowledgeable and well traveled. Both breakfasts were just as perfect. My boyfriend said he had the best huervos rancheros ever for breakfast.

We also were able to use the house cars twice. They go quickly so I recommend if you want to use one that you get down their early. But a super nice treat!

My boyfriend took our dog on the hike that is labeled the easier of hikes early in the morning. It helps you remember you truly are in the beauty of nature there, as our dog came back with a few ticks! It was a surprise but to be expected in this area, and not anything that the resort can change. Just a heads up to al the dog owners to treat your dog with tick medicine prior to coming.

Finally, we noticed there were a lot of dogs and dog owners at the resort. It is the perfect place to bring your four legged or two legged friends.

I am definitely planning on returning back to Calistoga Ranch.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jsmmana

Dear jsmmana,

Thank you so much for the wonderfully detailed review of your trip to Calistoga Ranch! I am so happy that from the warm welcome from Gregory, to the layout of the lodges, your culinary experience and the dog-friendly aspect of the Calistoga Ranch, we were able to help create such a memorable experience for you. We look forward to your return trip in the future so we can do it all over again!

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Calistoga Ranch exists in the pantheon of unique, first class resorts in the world. It is so rare to find a place that can exist in the middle of the woods and vineyards that also deliver the level of service and amazing guest accommodations as Calistoga Ranch does. It is extraordinarily pricey so the experience is not for the faint of heart but if you want to splurge in Napa Valley and do something incredibly special, this is the place for you. The food options on property, except for breakfast, are satisfactory but for the price and given the local dining scene in Calistoga and St. Helena, better options are had off property. This is a 5+ star resort and clearly one of a kind.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Scott R,

Thank you so much for taking the time to celebrate the magic of Calistoga Ranch! I am thrilled that your stay with us was so wonderful, especially the level of service you received as well as our beautiful accommodations.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Fabulous resort. Loved the way the rooms were set up. Liked the trails from the property. I thought the only thing missing was a common gathering spot for guests when it is cold. They said normally there was a spot like that by the pool but none of that was open while we were there. Overall great stay!

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Calistoga Ranch! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us and were able to enjoy our beautiful hiking trails! We hope to welcome you back to The Ranch in the future!