“Would enjoy again.”
Review of Calistoga Inn

Calistoga Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Calistoga Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 45 Restaurants in Calistoga
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Brew Pub
Good for: View, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cedar St.
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We had lunch here. The atmosphere appealed a lot. I had a burger that needed more flavor but I would go again and try something else. My husband enjoyed the club sandwich. It is imperative that you have the garlic bread knots appetizer!

1  Thank KathyL1956

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Nice outside seating area. Service was slow. Our waiter was practically running all evening but we started wondering whether he was working at two restaurants(!?!) - he'd disappear for an eternity even after the restaurant emptied out. All other wait staff seemed like they had it in hand.

Salmon was perfectly cooked. Vegetables were way over salted as was the coleslaw on the crab cakes. Crab cakes were not very flavorful.

Wine list seemed decent although I would have picked more/only California wines and ditched some of the cheap out of state choices. Should have opened one of ours.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Dined here with two families on our way through wine country. We walked up at dinner time and were seated right away in the 'back yard outside'; essentially an outdoor seating area resembling a picnic set up. This was great for the kids, as they could get out all their energy stored. The menu for adults was quite nice. I had the country paella; this was excellent, prepared fine, bursting with flavor, and just enough of a portion to fill me without letting me over eat. My wife had the steak frites and found it cooked to her specification, tender, and well flavored. Also had the cucumber gazpacho; nice flavor and texture. Of note, the cheese pizza my son ordered was quite high end in cheese quality; he loved it and ate almost the whole thing...well done guys.

My only complaint is that our server was 'new' and was not familiar with many aspects of the menu or did not know if they had certain items (i.e. pickles and shredded cheese for the kids, what all was in the paella, typical preparation of the steaks, characteristics of their beers). There should have been a more experienced staff assisting them if that was the case, because the total delay each time we asked a question and they had to run off and check probably added 20 minutes on our experience.

I would recommend this restaurant for families. Couples and smaller parties appeared to be seated in a different outdoor section near live music, which is nice to have some separation so we didn't have to worry about disturbing others upscale evening. Hopefully, the server will get up to speed or have broader training in the future.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Very nice hotel bar area, not even sure its still a hotel. We just wanted dinner before heading back to Napa. The dining room looked nice just a bit too nice for us, since we had been biking all day. The outdoor patio had live music, and was very busy. The food was hot, fresh, and good. Nice ambience.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Al Von Johnson just happened to be playing there that night. Years ago he played with the Coasters, Jimi Hendrix and later Frank Sinatra. Wonderful musician, played acoustic and sang softly that night, but he can be a wild blues musician. We picked up a few of his CD's afterwards. I was impressed that Calistoga Inn provided his venue that night. It was a bonus to the wonderful dinner outside with all the romantic lighting in the trees and throughout. Great place!

1  Thank mitzi2shoes