“Terrific food, service needs work”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Calistoga Kitchen

Calistoga Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Calistoga Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 44 Restaurants in Calistoga
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lafayette, California
“Terrific food, service needs work”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

This is my third visit to Calistoga Kitchen. The food is consistently terrific. The wait staff is friendly and knowledgeable. But the pace of food coming out of the kitchen is less than acceptable. It should not take 45 minutes between salad and entree. And this is going to sound picky, but the menu selections could be better matched with the season. This last visit was an August evening with daytime temperatures in the 80's and at least 40% of the entree alternatives were very "winter" in nature. Bottom line is that I am going to continue to go to CK because the food is so good. But I sure hope the kitchen gets its act together.

• Visited August 2014

Wauconda, Illinois
“Spectacular”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Rick is the chef. He's fantastic. He greeted our group personally prior to ordering. He offered his recommendations. He answered all questions we had. I had the duck and it was by far, the best I've ever had. I also recommend having the duck with a bottle of 2011 Larkmead. It's not cheap but pairs perfectly with the dish. My friends ordered the summer pasta, steak, salmon, and all enjoyed. The beet salad was also delicious. I'm not a beet fan but the beets paired with the cheese and dressing went very well together. The staff is very courteous and professional. We're told the brunch is worth trying, we ran out of time and weren't able to partake.

• Visited July 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Arrived right before close”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

We ended up being THOSE travelers that arrived a half hour before they stopped serving dinner yet they never were rude and the service was wonderful. We got into town late and were hoping to find a dinner spot. This was great; we sat outside and the weather was wonderful. Great food, and geez it was delicious! I highly recommend going. Get a reservation if you are dining at dinner time. Great romantic atmosphere and good for small groups and couples with kids. Our friend brought their 9month old and they had high chairs!

Visited August 2014
Chester, United Kingdom
“Loved it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

My wife and I stopped here for lunch last week, on a scorching hot day, sitting outside in teh shade at this lovely restaurant.

I had a perfect burger, and my wife had a great salad. Corry our waitress was charming.

Menu was varied, and sitting inside would also have been a lovely place to eat.

Highly recomended.

• Visited July 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
“Chef very accommodating to special requests”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

I didn't like the menu as written but found parts of one dish I wanted with another. Chef was willing to make dishes that worked. They were fresh and delicious. So, don't be scared if you don't gravitate to anything on the menu. Ask to speak to the chef who is very helpful

Visited July 2014