“One of our favorite wine clubs”

Bennett Lane Winery
Ranked #15 of 68 things to do in Calistoga
Atlanta, Georgia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“One of our favorite wine clubs”
Reviewed 13 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

My sister and I have been members of Bennett Lane's wine club ever since we started going up to Napa & Calistoga. We particularly enjoy the Cabernet Sauvignon as well as their white Maximum blend.

The staff has always been very welcoming and informative.

If you haven't been there before, start your day of wine tasting in Calistoga for a change!

Visited September 2013

Lodi, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Exceptional experience”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

A group of 4 of us visited the winery over the weekend and were so impressed. Just the overall atmosphere was so inviting. The owners happened to be there and were the nicest people. It was a wine club pick up day so they were having a party for them as well. In speaking with a few of the members they stated they had been members for years which says a lot. The winery itself was beautiful with vineyards surrounding it. Now on to the wine - we did not taste anything we didn't like which means trouble! (what to buy???) But we did manage to make a few choice selections. Overall it was a great experience. My husband and I have visited many wineries over the years so we have pretty much figured out what a visit should and/or shouldn't be at least for us. I guess what I really appreciated was that everyone was so down to earth and the focus for them was us and the wine. I also don't want to forget to mention Peter and Alyssa in the tasting room! Very knowlegable about the wines and really made our experience the best. Can't wait for our next visit.

Visited October 2013
Plano, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Incredible wine”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I had a great experience here! I am a solo traveler and Peter took awesome care of me. Their wines are all well rated and extremely good. He showed me the back room with the fermenting tanks and the barrels and did an excellent job explaining their process. I tried several different wines and loved them all. I am not a big "at home" drinker but almost joined the wine club I liked their wine so much. In the end I limited myself to 3 bottles. I couldn't decide what to get so we played a game where he did a repour and hid the bottles so I wouldn't let the labels distract me. I am super happy with my purchase and think Bennett Lane wines will be a regular on my shopping list. Definitely make this a stop on your agenda. It was my favorite of the week!

Visited August 2013
San Francisco, California
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Highly rated fabulous wine. A definite must visit winery.”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

This winery is a quiet, unexpected find for us just north of Calistoga that has to be on anyones wine country itinerary. They have over 30 wines ranked 90 and above by 3 top wine rating magazines. Wonderful staff that let us try wine without being pushy or overly pretentious. We asked questions and got honest, knowledgable answers and suggestions. We go to Napa and Sonoma often and had never heard of Bennett Lane. I don't know why because it has a very great selection of styles and tastes and vintages. We had tried the Maximus 2008 while dining at Barolo Restaurant in Calistoga and thought it was one of the best wines we had tried in quite awhile. Took six of them home to San Francisco with us. We bought 14 bottles in all. We tried all red until the guy pouring suggested we try the Chardonnay. We are not big white wine drinkers but the Chardonnay was light, smooth and refreshing and we took a bottle home. Maximus is a blend and we loved it. Go visit!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank 180michaelm
denver, co
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“This was our 2nd stop on our bike tour and it was so-so.”
Reviewed 21 June 2013

The first stop on our Calistoga bike tour was such an off-putting winery that this place seemed great by comparison. But in retrospect, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I just think our bike tour guy was friends with the people who worked there.

Visited May 2013