“Better Options”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Had breakfast here and expected a special meal after reading many reviews. The area we were seated at had dirty silverware on the floor under the table, food and drink dried on the wall next to the table. The waitress was not very professional. She splashed coffee towards the cups when filling, leaving a mess. She couldn't remember our orders. I ordered my eggs over easy and they arrived very hard fried. My sourdough toast didn't make it through the toaster, it was just bread. Maybe we just went on a bad day and got a bad waitress, but watching everything going on around us I think this is what you get. Basic breakfast for 6 people with just coffee to drink-$152.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a cute little restaurant. My husband and I had the breakfast burrito. Really delicious! Everything is homemade. Service was great too!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We decided to try Sarafornia for breakfast after walking around town. All the tables were taken so we sat at the counter. The wait staff was friendly and seemed to provide fast service. One thing I noticed was they only have one unisex bathroom. It seems that people waiting in the hallway started writing on the walls. The prices on the breakfast menu seemed a little high. We ordered the special, eggs benedict with shrimp and avocado. The avocado turned out to be guacamole. The eggs benedict was alright nothing great.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

great breakfast. your review process is way to lengthy Because of that I will not do any further travel advisor reviews

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We were passing through Calistoga around noon, so we decided to stop for lunch and Sarafornia looked inviting. The food was well prepared and delicious. The Reuben and Clam Chowder hit the spot. The french toast was very tasty and the kids really loved the bacon.
Service was fast and friendly. We didn't have to wait for anything-food came quickly and lots of follow-up by the server. I noticed lots of families with small kids-seems to be a good sign. We'll have to come back and try more of the menu.
The noise level was a bit high, so don't expect a casual conversation if you eat inside.