“What has happened???”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“What has happened???”
Reviewed 8 July 2012

We used to come with our family to stay and enjoy Indian Springs for many years. Since they raised their prices beyond what we can afford we use their spa facilities for special treats.So..

I made reservations for 2 guests from France and myself many weeks ahead of the date I wanted.My friends were in the Bay Area for a very short time and I wanted to treat them to a relaxing afternoon at the Spa.I was very very explicit about what treatment each of us were to receive and the sequence of the treatments. I called a week ahead to confirm and go over everything.I called an hour before we arrived to reconfirm. Unbelievably,despite all my planning they had managed to change 3 mudbaths followed by 2 massages to 1 mudbath while 2 were having massages.As a result of their mistake and reshuffling of our times we didn't get to float in the pool because they close it at 6pm to people who are not overnight guests.In addition the pool gal was quite rude about it.So you may say "whats the beef?big deal you didn't get to swim" I think that when you carefully make reservations well in advance and pay over $465.00 for spa treatments you should be able to utilize all the amenities that are offered at will.I didn't mess up the reservations.They could barely have cared less.
Soo.. what has happened here? There wasn't one familiar face from the unfriendly front desk employees to the kindly women working the baths.Too much turn over? unhappy employees?I don't know the answer. All I know is they made our experience tense and rushed. Not how I want to feel at a spa.

Visited June 2012
7 Thank Kathryn P
Brian R, General Manager at Indian Springs Resort Spa, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
Dear Kathryn P.,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our resort. We strive to exceed our guest expectations on every visit and we take customer feedback very seriously. I would truly appreciate the opportunity to discuss the booking fiasco you describe with you personally. Our telephone number is 707-942-9035 ext. 33.

Thank you for your time.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Boston, Massachusetts
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Beautiful Spa”
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Treated myself to the "full treatment", from mud bath to massage! (one of the best massages of my life, thanks Marco Gonzales). My only mistake was not going into the thermal pool. I was tryng to get too much done in one day!

Visited May 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“This place is BAD for your health”
Reviewed 5 July 2012

I treated myself to a 25 minute massage and entered the room in no pain. After a massage with Molly who pressed very hard on my lower back I have had nothing but pain and troubles. At one point in the days that followed I could not get out of bed until I started taking a big dose of prednisone. Molly did a great deal of damage to my back and it seems that she did not know what she was doing.

In addition - I do NOT recommend this spa because the Manager promised to call me back to discuss this and it has been 1.5 weeks since my treatment. He has not lifted the phone to contact me. I have had to stop all of my regular exercise program to recuperate from the 25 minute massage. I have had to cancel a business trip due to pain and instead spend time consulting with doctors.

Do not choose this spa because you may not find a knowledgeable masseuse and the management does not seem to care about their customers.

5 Thank Julia Y
mamaroneck
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“mud baths and attentive staff”
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Spent an afternoon being pampered in this lovely spa. Felt totally relaxed and attended to.

Visited July 2012
Moro, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Could live in "The Pool"!”
Reviewed 27 June 2012

I REALLY don't understand some of the super-picky negative reviews. We came here for 1 night in early June to celebrate my husband's 60th birthday. Our adult daughter who lives in San Francisco joined us. We stayed one night in duplex cottage #14. Check-in was a breeze, and we made reservations for our spa treatments for the next day. On to our room, where we found a complimentary bottle of wine from the management - lovely! The cottage was cute, with everything designed for comfort & relaxation. The linens were very high quality (Frette), as well as the towels and roomy robes. The bed was probably the most comfortable I've ever slept in. The grounds are very attractive, and everything was beautiful & well-maintained. A short walk down the street for some breakfast items, and then off to The Pool. Ahhhhh! 98 degrees of bliss! There were lots of very nice lounge floats and noodles to use. Sure, the pool isn't brand new, but it's huge, and unique! I've been to other hot springs in the US
& Europe, and this was my absolute favorite. The pool is surrounded by comfortable lounge chairs, and is shaded on either side. One end (near the geyser vents) is open-air, and the other is a comfy covered outdoor fireplace room, which also adjoins the cooler adult pool. There is a nice selection of books available if you want to curl up and read. The geyser vents make a low whump, whump sound, and you can see the steam rise, although there is no Old Faithful type of eruption. There is a small snack bar and steam room off the pool as well. There are large drink dispensors around filled with cold citrus/cucumber water so you can stay well-hydrated - yum! We left the pool long enough to have a very good dinner at the Calistoga Inn down the street, then back to the resort to soak under the stars. The pool is open until midnight for overnight guests. It was a cool evening with a full moon and the water felt so good. There was a fire laid in the firepit outside the pool, along with a flowing fountain. Our 2 bedroom cottage was just right. Each bedroom had room-darkening roman shades, and it was cool enough to open the window. There are flat-panel tvs in each bedroom, but we didn't use them. The town is small, and very quiet at night, so we slept very well. There is a nice grocery down the street with a great deli and several restaurants in town. If folks want a big breakfast, there are plenty of options. I think for all the wonderful amenities here, not providing breakfast is not a big deal. There is a microwave, small fridge, real plates, glasses, silverware, as well as grilling tools if you want to grill your food. We didn't get to use the bicycles, but what a nice idea. They're the cruiser type with big tires - I thought it was ridiculous that someone actually complained about the lack of hand-lever brakes. Did they learn how to ride a bike on a 10-speed, really? Geez! The next day I enjoyed the mud bath experience, which was a first for me. Yeah, you gotta get naked, but everything is very discreet and therapeutic. The mud bath is a very large stone tub filled with the volcanic ash mud. You lay down on top of it and the attendant quickly places more mud on top of you. I liked the sensation, it was very soothing and not smelly. I did feel it was a bit difficult to breath deeply. After 15 minutes you climb out and shower off. I am very modest, but I never felt Ill at ease. It sort of reminded me of the birthing process - there's no modesty in the birthing room either - except without this was without the pain! Next you are put in a tub of mineral water to soak for another 15 minutes with plenty of mineral water to sip. Following that you are led to the steam room for about 15 more minutes, and then you are wrapped in a flannel sheet and led to a private room where you are laid down to rest quietly. My skin was so smooth following the treatment - I highly recommend it! The attendants were awesome as well as all the spa staff. Again, everything was well-designed for ultimate comfort. My husband had a massage which he enjoyed. Our only complaint was our daughter booked the cranial-sacral massage, and she was very disappointed
In the experience. She said that the therapist did not give her the full time, and that the pressure was inadequate. We did enjoy the Buddha pond, and liked that we could stay and enjoy the pool until 3 PM. I would go back here in heartbeat, and highly recommend it. It's not the Post Ranch, Ventana, or Solange, but for the money, a wonderful place to be pampered, relax, and enjoy the very
nice amenities planned for yor enjoyment. Every detail shows careful planning and is very appealing. I compliment the management for their efforts to renovate this older property so well by preserving and improving the cottages and pool.