“Fun place”

Indian Springs Resort Spa
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Really great place. Mud baths were muddy. Grounds were beautiful. Don't expect frills because they aren't there but it is a great experience. If you have kids they have to be 16 or 17. There is a great pool that is heated by the hot springs. Tons of floatties in the pool. That in and of itself was worth it.

As an aside, if you are claustrophobic, the mud may not be the best for you. It is so thick that when you lay on top of it you really don't sink.

All reviews
in 20 reviews
"attendant"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 3 December 2013

My two daughters and I felt like new people after enjoying the spa for half a day. Fyi, they won't allow anyone under 17 to have a massage or volcanic mud treatment. Perhaps its because these involve being naked for brief periods while transferring from shower to mud etc. But the daughters were happy with great facials and the laze in the lovely mineral pool afterwards. Process of mud as described by kathanselmann. A bit like a float tank but without the sensory deprivation and the risk of getting hypertonic salt water in your eyes - which burns like hell.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Indian Springs spa has been in Calistoga for decades. It has a huge mineral pool (from mineral fed springs) and a full array of spa services. If you buy a spa service you can enjoy the pools all day. A lovely retreat, and rated "one of California's best pools," by California magazine.

3  Thank Fritzikay
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This was my first volcanic mud bath and I loved it. The staff ushered me into the dressing room, gave me a key to a locker and a great robe. I was helped to lie on the bed of volcanic mud and the attendant spread handfuls of it all over me. I rested in the mud for 15 minutes feeling warm and sheltered. Then I was helped out into a warm shower, then a warm bath with ice water available and implements to clean my cuticles of any remaining mud. I stayed in the steam room for 10 minutes and then was wrapped in sheets for 15 minutes. Afterwards I went to the Buddha pool and rested in the shade while I drank more refreshing water and looked at a magazine. Finally I changed and went to the heated pool where I was allowed to remain all day. Qute the bargain for $85.

3  Thank kathanselmann
See more reviews
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We're a 30-something Aussie couple travelling through California, and upon arrival in Calistoga, we took to TA for a few hotel options, as we usually do. We stopped in to a few and weren't particularly impressed, especially by the Comfort Inn, Best Western or Roman Baths - for us, they were overpriced and lacking any real 'Napa' charm (sorry, just our view). Indian Springs was our last stop - and WOW - we're still pinching ourselves that this place is even priced in the same bracket as the others as, for us, it's in a completely different league! It kills the competition in terms of quality of accommodation, amenities, grounds and overall feelgood factor. The large and picturesque pool alone is worth it's weight in gold, but the rooms seem to have been recently upgraded and really quite pimp. They've thought about the smallest details to ensure guest comfort (free bike hire, bags for wet clothing, blankets for star gazing, free snacks and water, robes, soft towels, the pool is open to midnight, etc.,) and for the price, really is quite impressive. Don't even hesitate staying here, it wins hands down against others in the same $ bracket!!

3  Thank AdamRoss