“MUD CLEANSING!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Randolph, New Jersey, United States
7 attraction reviews
“MUD CLEANSING!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

My wife and I did the couples mud cleanse experience. It was fun to slather mud over each other's bodies, followed by about 1/2 hour of steam. You put your muddy handprint on the glass door to let the attendent know when you're done. It was fun.

Visited May 2013

Marin County, California
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Not worth it”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

My husband and I arrived to our appt 10 minutes early and had to wait 20 mins. The not-so-friendly receptionist explained that they operated on "spa time" b/c therapists and/or clients are usually 10 min late. Huh? We weren't. The mud masque was a fun experience but we wouldn't do it again. Not worth it. The 30 min massage following was a huge disappointment for both of us. My therapist, Lea, could not get the pressure right. I had to ask three times for more pressure. And then she sought vengeance. My husband was equally disappointed. The facilities are clean but far from luxurious feeling. So many other beautiful high quality spas to frequent at same price.

Visited July 2013
Scotts Valley, California
“Dreadful experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

I booked a foot massage / reflexology treatment for 10:00am. I turned up 5 minutes early. I was told I had arrived about 15 minutes early. I noticed the clock was 10 minutes fast. After sitting in the lobby for about 10 minutes I politely mentioned the time on the clock to the receptionist. She told me they worked on "spa time" because the therapist often turned up late! 20 minutes later the therapist introduced herself to me. Her name is Lea. She never apologized for her tardiness. When I went into the treatment room, she explained the prep for the treatment. I was a little disconcerted because she thought I had booked a full body massage. When I said it was foot massage / reflexology she look slightly confused. She told me to get ready and that she would be with me shortly. More than 5 minutes or so later she came into the room and "began" the treatment. Less than a minute later she told me she had "forgotten something". A good 5 or more minutes later she came back. Shortly into the procedure, I realized that reflexology was not her area of expertise. I have had more relaxing foot and leg massages while having a pedicure at a third of the price. She barely applied pressure to the necessary areas required to create the stimulating benefits of reflexology. As a final note, when I was waiting in the lobby area, the receptionist was sitting at her desk eating a sandwich. At $90 I felt I'd been duped.

Visited June 2013
Lincoln, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“A great relaxing endeavor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2013

The staff really knows how to pamper the guests. It was a relaxing massage and mud bath. This was my first time at a spa that provided these activities. After a wonderful day at this facility we had a great dinner in Calistoga.

Visited May 2013
NJ
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“A very relaxing morning”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2012

My friend and I booked deluxe pamper spa packages that included a mud steam, massage, and facial. It was a wonderful relaxing experience with first class practitioners. The facility itself could use an upgrade (paint chipping and grout cracking and stained) and a design refresh - green lawn chairs were in the mud room. It lacks some of the amenities I am used to in day spas - warm beverages, subtle relaxing music (they played the same track for 2.5 hours) , cozy robes, etc.

All that said, it was a nice experience and we enjoyed ourselves, given the opportunity again I would likely not return but instead pay the premium at Solage.

Visited December 2012