“Luxurious and accommodating for Families”

Solage, an Auberge Resort
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Calistoga
Calistoga
“Luxurious and accommodating for Families”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

What a great property! We had stayed with our 3 kids and had such a wonderful time. The resort caters well for families and we found everyone to be incredibly friendly and helpful. Our only regret is that we didn't stay longer.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Michael D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This is a fantastic place to stay. The rooms are amazing, each with their own gardens and bicycles to use around the resort. The place has a really relaxed feel about it and the surrounding countryside helps with the overall atmosphere of a place to chill out. The pool is fantastic with a jacuzzi at one end and the pool side service is second to none.

You have to have a car when staying here as you can't actually walk to Calistoga itself and taxis in the area are quite expensive when it comes to visiting the wineries.

I would definitely stay at the Solage again given the opportunity.

Room Tip: All of the rooms looks amazing.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 23 June 2014

You must try this hotel if you are in the Valley. This small cottages are fantastic. Wonderful furnished and an amazing bed. Due to the popular restaurant there are a lot of people during the evening just passing by and just add even more cozier atmosphere to this hotel. In the morning you will be served a very nice breakfast with a excellent service. I will definitely come back to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Healdsburg
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Transform yourself and your time by staying and enjoying the spa at Solage and by exploring the grit and glam of Calistoga. The food at Solbar is excellent and the views of the hills and sunsets relax the mind.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My wife and I made our second visit to Solage Calistoga for our wedding anniversary. Our first visit was on our honeymoon, and it was such an amazing stay that we decided to return four years later. I can say with complete certainty that nothing has changed. The property is expertly maintained, and the grounds are perfectly manicured.

The concierge was absolutely crucial in my ability to obtain a reservation at The French Laundry for dinner. This was on our bucket list, and I am grateful Solage Calistoga was able to secure it. And yes, the restaurant deserves all the hype and 3 michelin stars that it was awarded. It was the best meal of our lives.

For spa services on this trip we only booked the Starlight at the Bathhouse. The resort touts geo-thermal pools in the spa. With this package you are given the entire bathhouse to relax in at night from 8:30 to 10:30. With very little light pollution from the lack of buildings and car traffic in the area the stars are bright and plentiful in the sky. Floating in the pool and looking up at the sky is relaxing beyond words. The main geothermal pool is heated to about 90 degrees so the cool evening nights are not a problem. There are also separate mens and womens hot pools that are heated over 100 degrees if you get cold. But since you have the entire bathhouse to yourselves you can use which ever pool you would like. There are a set of cabanas in the bathhouse, and in one of them the staff sets up candles and a dessert from SolBar for you to enjoy. Candles are also placed all around the pools for a very romantic two-hours. This experience is very unique among many hotels/resorts we have stayed at, and it is one of the reasons we wanted to return to Solage. Make sure you book this package before you arrive as they have to reserve staff that can stay after spa hours, and they can not guarantee availability of staff the day of the package.

On our honeymoon we did have additional services at the spa that included their famous Mudslide. It wasn't my favorite service, but it's worth experiencing. The bath soak and massage were amazing. Overall, one of the best spas we've visited.

Solage Calistoga has a partnership with Mercedes Benz which allows any guest to take out one of several models on a 4 hour drive with no costs involved. At the time they had a CLA, SL, and E-class available. I would highly recommend utilizing this service. All they ask is that the gas tanked is filled up upon return.

SolBar is their restaurant on site and has several great dishes. The wait staff is great at not being too attentive with the frequency of their visits to the table. They allow you to enjoy the meal and scenery at your pace. For breakfast I would recommend the Sol-Pe. It's their version of huevos rancheros. Awesome. For dinner I would recommend either the lamb shoulder or the sea bass. Both were great dishes. Corkage fee is $20 if you byob.

The service is probably what makes this one of my favorite hotels. Everyone I spoke with at the resort would reply to my request with, "I'll make it happen." There was NO hesitation at any request. One day we spent the entire afternoon at the main pool. The pool grill menu did not have any food items that we were particularly interested in for lunch. As SolBar is right next to the main pool, we asked if we could order from the restaurant and have them deliver the food to the pool. The host at the restaurant immediately said, "I'll make it happen." Then he escorted us back to the pool chairs and delivered SolBar menus to order from and instructed the pool side attendant on how to proceed entering the order so that we could have our food delivered.

Lastly, upon check out I realized that I had left some important items in the room safe. I did not realize until I reached SFO 2 hours later that I had forgotten them in the room. I immediately called the hotel and spoke with Mike, the guest services assistant manager. He told me that the housekeeping staff had opened the safe to clean out the contents and had turned them into guest services desk. He informed me that all the contents I described and were still intact. Mike told me that he could FedEx these back to me overnight and charge my card that was on file. I asked if he could send them out first thing in the morning as we were on the red-eye flight. His response was, "I'll make it happen." I was able to board the flight feeling comfortable about the situation instead of being in panic. I called the next morning to check on the proposed FedEx shipment and spoke with with a lady at guest services. She already knew who I was and said she was in the middle of preparing the package for pick up which Mike had requested from FedEx. I received the package via FedEx overnight with all contents intact. I could not be more grateful for their assistance in this matter. From start to finish Solage Calistoga delivers. Period.

Room Tip: The vega studio is what we booked for our trip. The Adara studio adds a bathtub in the bathroom and...
1 Thank mastermitchell
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I visited Solage Calistoga a couple of weeks ago and I have still googd sensation and vibration of this fantastic resort. The basic room we had was amazing, free and Fast WIFI and big enough for three guys with tons of luggages. The Swiming pool has heated water, you have two gym one with new trx. You have at your disposal Mercedes Benz convertible cars. The breakfast is amazing.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank tripcesare
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is a beautiful resort with exceptional service! Everything about this resort is great! The rooms were very comfortable and quiet. The location is perfect for riding the resort bikes to surrounding wineries and the town of Calistoga.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Calistoga
Bardessono
Villagio Inn and Spa
Villagio Inn and Spa
#6 of 6 in Yountville
The Westin Verasa Napa

Been to Solage, an Auberge Resort? Share your experiences!