“Fantastic Italian Meal!”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Manhattan Beach, California
“Fantastic Italian Meal!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

After stopping at 3 wineries for tastings, my boyfriend and I needed some food before moving onto our next tasting stop. Upon doing a web search, we came across Boskos and decided to drive the short distance to the Calistoga downtown area to check it out. We're glad we found it because this was just the kind of place we were looking for.

The owner/manager greeted and sat us at a booth by the window. He highly recommended the grilled artichoke which we proceeded to order. I have to say, this may have been the best tasting grilled artichoke I have ever had. My boyfriend and I devoured the thing! The lemon, garlic, pizza oven flavors were so good.

We also ordered a pizza and a pasta dish. The pasta we ordered was pretty simple, just shells with mushrooms and spinach in a garlic sauce. While it was good, it didn't stand out. The pizza, however, was very good. We got the Bolzano pizza with sausage and meatballs. I think it was the sausage that had such a great flavor. One of the better pizza sausages I've tasted.

Once we devoured all of the pizza and pasta, the manager/owner stopped by with a parfait style dessert which was also amazing. It had just been made and wasn't quite "ready" yet, it could have used to cool a little longer but it was still so good and we ate the entire thing in record time.

Overall, we were very impressed with the food and service here and are happy we stopped in. If we're in the area again we will certainly return!

• Visited July 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Spring, Texas
“Not bad”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Not the best pizza I've ever had, but I'd be happy to go there again. The waitress brought us the wrong pizza at first, but she quickly fixed the mistake and handled it very professionally, yet in a way that made us all laugh it off together.

• Visited June 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Went in somewhat hungry and ended up having every course! The artichoke app was the best preparation i've had and i'll b craving it and comparing it to others for a long time. Lovely professional staff. Great overall experience.

• Visited June 2014
San Rafael, CA
“dinner away”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My husband and I went for dinner. I had pasta shells with spinach and tomato and he had a chicken sandwich. Both were very tasty

Visited May 2014
Washington, DC
“Yummy Comfort Food After a Day of Wine Tasting”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Very good and welcoming menu after a day of wine tasting. The buratta was fabulous. Love also the pasta dishes.

Visited May 2014