“Great Inn and Wonderful Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Bergson

The Bergson
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Calistoga
San Diego, California
“Great Inn and Wonderful Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed the week of 4th of July and loved it! The room was clean and comfortable, the Inn was very nice to our pocket book. Nice breakfast in the morning of (eggs, pastries, yogurt, and a wonderful Granola etc. The staff (Bo) was was wonderful with knowledge of places to go and wineries to see while we stayed in Calistoga. Beautiful property and we will definitely be back, made us feel like we had the royal treatment. Thank you Christopher's Inn!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
cincinnati
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night on our recent California trip. Our room was spacious, well furnished, with a comfortable bed and near the center of town. Very good continental breakfast. Host was very helpful. Good place to stay while touring Napa and Sonoma valleys

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Los Gatos, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

When I want to visit Napa Vally, I stay in Calistoga because the accommodations are affordable. I also enjoy the more laid-back pace of the town. I stayed at Christopher’s Inn because my usual choice was booked.

Christopher’s Inn is in a great location; it’s just a short walk to Lincoln Avenue where you’ll find restaurants, spas, and other shops. I stayed in Room 3, which is one of the more spacious rooms and has a fireplace with a sitting area. It was far too warm to use the fireplace, but I did appreciate the air conditioning.

The staff is quite helpful with suggestions for dinner and other activities in Napa. They serve cookies in the late afternoon. The breakfast features baked goods from a local bakery, which are quite tasty. There are many other choices for breakfast (eggs, cereal, yogurt, fruit) that are sure to please everyone in your party.

Some of the rooms, like the one I stayed in, border Foothill Boulevard. The road noise can be quite loud, as it appears to be the main truck route. I suggest avoiding Rooms 21, 22, and 3 for that reason. I got to peek into room 2. It is extremely small, so be prepared if you book this room. There are many other rooms to choose from. The money you save by staying here will allow you to pick up a few more bottles of the wine you taste!

Room Tip: Choose a room that does not border Foothill Boulevard.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Culver City, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

My parents and I stayed for 2 nights for a wedding. LOVED IT! The staff "Bo and Sandy" were WONDERFUL both had a wealth of knowledge when it came to the tourism in the Napa Valley. The room was spacious and comfy and my parents just had a great time and was pleased with the accommodations as well. We could walk to the downtown Calistoga to some of the best restaurants and shops. We will definitely stay here again! Clean, outstanding customer service, quite and great breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Gia S
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

My wife and I went here for the weekend and we enjoyed. It's in a great location. Just a 5 min. walk from the main street. The rooms were a nice size and the brunch was nice as well. The price was good for the location and the time we went (July 4th weekend). I'd definitely consider going back.

Oakland, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

My boyfriend and I spent 4th of July weekend at Christopher's Inn. It was a quaint little Inn with a very friendly staff. Our queen room had a nice Jacuzzi tub! The Inn is very close to the main drag, I also spent sometime at the Euro Spa and Inn, their sister hotel, for a manicure/pedicure special and a dip in the Euro Spa pool. Good times in Calistoga!

Room Tip: Queen room with Jacuzzi Tub!
North Tonawanda, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights on our honeymoon. The room was decorated nicely, very comfortable, and the bath products smelled beautiful. The hotel is one street over from the main street with many shops and places to eat. We went for a run early in the morning and returned to a lovely continental breakfast with hard-boiled eggs and delicious granola and fresh fruit and yogurt. We will definitely stay again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Deanna S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calistoga
Mount View Hotel & Spa
The Wine Country Inn
The Wine Country Inn
#2 of 9 in St. Helena
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,001 reviews

Been to The Bergson? Share your experiences!