“A little pricey though high quality and excellent service”
Review of Cottage Grove Inn

Cottage Grove Inn
Ranked #4 of 27 Calistoga B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We've stayed around Napa and Sonoma valleys several times and have our list of favorite places. This is our first time in Calistoga and the Cottage Grove Inn was a very good choice and pet-friendly. They have thought through all details to make your stay a comfortable one from the pet greeting guide to the human greeting guide! Easy walking distance to the Calistoga's "Main Street". A few minor items was that the WiFi was bit weak in our cabin and there was no microwave in the room (we brought our own). All-in-all a wonderful stay though a little pricey so hope/look for a deal!

Room Tip: All the cottages seem equally good.
1  Thank elzevir
Donna J, General Manager at Cottage Grove Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Dear elzevir,

We're glad to hear you made it to Calistoga area in the beautiful Napa Valley.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and mention that we are indeed pet friendly.
We here at Cottage Grove Inn know it's hard to leave your small pets at home, make sure to ask about the special accommodations we provide.
Thank you again for your kind comments and we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

My husband and I have been Calistoga fans for over 10 years and have tried many of the local hotels. Cottage Grove Inn has become one of our favorites. Quaint, homey bed-and-breakfast feel without that uncomfortable "I'm staying in a stranger's house" mentality. Each "room" is an actual unattached cottage with its own parking spot; no one walking over your head or playing their TV too loud next to you. Jacuzzi tub in every suite (the tub is huge so it takes forever to fill, just be prepared) and plenty of hot water and bath salts. A bottle of wine greeted us as well as an unexpected bottle of champagne (we were celebrating our anniversary and they were kind enough to remember). Daily breakfasts are the real deal: eggs, quiche, made-to-order smoothies, fresh fruit, homemade granola, etc.
Ask for a cottage off the main road; the trucks can be occasionally loud. Donna, the manager, is very friendly and accommodating and the entire staff is welcoming and professional. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main roads as the trucks can be occasionally loud.

To KBSact0
Thank you for your kind words and comments, we're so glad you enjoyed you stay with us
in the beautiful Napa Valley.
We look forward to your next stay with us!

Cheers,

Reviewed 19 December 2013

I arranged a two-night stay at the Inn for my husband's birthday and we so happy with our stay. The Inn is basically a tiny little drive ringed with individual cottages. Even though Calistoga's main street is right behind it, you aren't at all aware of it either visually or audibly. The cottage itself is tastefully and comfortably furnished, with a wood-burning fireplace and jacuzzi tub that is deceivingly deep and comfortable. Upon arrival we found the music playing and not only a welcome bottle of wine, but a split of champagne for the birthday celebration. So thoughtful! Both nights we walked from the Inn to recommended restaurants for absolutely lovely meals.

We felt like we never had to ask for anything the entire weekend. They anticipated all our needs: bikes, DVDs to watch, cable radio with surround sound, morning breakfast, evening wine and cheese, maps to wineries, winery passes, hiking/biking itineraries, bath salts, lovely shampoo/conditioner/lotion/ hair dryer, restaurant recommendations... I could go on. Both the breakfast and evening wine/cheese were very high quality. They even realize that if this is a romantic getaway, you might want to take your nibbles back to your room, so offer trays just for that purpose.

Lastly, we also booked an in-room couples massage, which was both heavenly and therapeutic. The cottage was so quiet and private. We will definitely be back!

Dearest swb_muir_beach,

It warms our hearts that you and your husband had such an enjoyable stay with us! We do try and think of everything and make those special occasions a little extra special. Calistoga is full of amazing restaurants and spas and we're happy to hear you indulged.
Thank you so much for sharing your stay with our future guests and we look forward to hosting you for another special occasion!

Take care,

Reviewed 11 December 2013

I am a Napa Valley tour operator and have had so many clients rave about this place that when my wife and I decided to get away for a quick overnight date I booked Cottage Grove, and I glad I did! There are plenty of spectacular places to stay in Wine Country, but demand has driven some prices to the extreme and others just "coast" on their reputation. Cottage Grove offers absolutely outstanding value in my opinion. Each cottage is abundantly charming, has a wood burning fireplace with enough wood to keep the fire roaring all night and a Jacuzzi tub you can actually immerse to full size adults in! (I am 6'3" and used to having the water barely above my waist and my knees poking out in most hotel "Spa Tubs") The bed was luxuriously comfortable and there are lots of thoughtful little details reflecting the proprietor's genuine sense of warmth and hospitality. Cottage Grove is now our favorite little romantic getaway, and we can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Number 14 has a little extra outdoor sitting area and a fountain and is very private
1  Thank Napatac

Thank you Napatac!

"What a gem" is more than we could ask for! We're so glad you and your wife enjoyed your overnight stay with us! It sounds like you indulged in all the special amenities we provide our guests here at Cottage Grove Inn. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 11 December 2013

This is one of the best places I've ever stayed at! My mom and I stayed here for two nights, using a Groupon ($200/night instead of $400/night). What an amazing place! The staff is incredibly helpful and friendly. The cottage was so clean and comfortable, with so many amenities. We enjoyed the wine and cheese in the evenings, and the great breakfasts in the mornings.
We used one of the free wine tasting cards at Burgess Winery. Great place to visit, and reasonable prices for wines in that area. The CGI staff made tasting reservations for us.
I highly recommend the Cottage Grove Inn. It is an outstanding place to stay. We loved it. :)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

CAFamily,

We're so glad to hear that you absolutely loved your stay at Cottage Grove Inn!
It sounds like you enjoyed Calistoga and the beautiful surroundings.
Thank you for your review and sharing your experience with others, we look forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Let me first preface by saying that I travel for work 12 days a month and am pretty well versed in the difference between a hotel that Looks Great and one that actually provides. This place far surpassed my already high expectations. They thought of everything. It was so lovely we didn't leave Calistoga once we got there.
We asked to have a pull out bed for a 3rd person. They charge for this which is usually excessive and doesn't provide much extra. Here they gave us 3 shampoos, 3 night stands, 3 of everything. The bed was cozy and comfy.
The spa tub is amazing!!! it is deep you can only fill it half way and it has jets to massage you after your long hard days of wine tasting and exploring! My mom and grandma and I even shared the tub several times. I can imagine if my fiancé was there we would have been in there even more! They provided bath salts to make it even more enjoyable.
My favorite part was the fireplace. They bring you fresh firewood and newspaper every day to tend your own fire. we happened to be there on two rainy days and it didn't bother us a bit. We just cozied up and chat by the fire.
It was my mom's birthday weekend and upon arrival they left a note for mom wishing her Happy Birthday. I could tell it meant a lot to my mom. They also gave us a whole folder which had restaurants, spas, services, maps and everything your heart desires in it. But if that isn't enough they have folders and binders in the common area with even more detailed information.
Just next to check in there is always a fire burning in the sitting area where they have daily wine and cheese for a few hours. This was a part of the day I looked forward to.
Breakfast was much more than I expected. Always fresh fruit and home made dishes. Every day they offer a water like cucumber mint or cantaloupe something. Delish!
Staff is so friendly. They took photos for us and always took the time to talk to us and establish a relationship.
The mini-street that is lined by cottages is an ideal mini-neighborhood. The units even have individual parking spots. The landscaping is beautiful.
I would absolutely return here and would recommend it incredibly highly. I also really enjoyed Calistoga...it has that small town feel. You can walk from the cottages to restaurants, stores and spas. The Lavender Spa was fantastic. And I LOVED this store we found just down the way from a great bookstore.
We didn't get to try to bikes because of weather but Cottage Grove Inn provides free bikes!! Go and ENJOY.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear 4projectmayhem,

First of all thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review about your stay with us. It sounds like you had a very special girls getaway in the Napa Valley.
The ambiance at Cottage Grove Inn is a main focus we put a lot of thought into. When it comes to relaxation and coziness the large tub and the wood burning fire place are the perfect places to spend some time.

Thank you again for sharing with our future guests and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Had a wonderful time. We sat on the porch and read. Walked into town and did a little shopping. We then had an incredible dinner. Walked back to hotel, had some wine while sitting on the sofa. We thought of how nice it would be to return when the weather is a little colder and use the fireplace. We then drew a bath in the oversize tub for a romantic, relaxing evening. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Donna J, General Manager at Cottage Grove Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

To Lisetteom,

So Romantic....it is.
It sounds like the two of you enjoyed your getaway and took advantage of all the great amenities at Cottage Grove Inn. Returning during the winter is very special as well, guests love the real wood fire place, sipping a glass of wine on their private porch, enjoying the bath tub for 2...very relaxing.
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with our future guests and make sure to check the website for winter specials.

Take care,
Donna Johnsno

Also consider these accommodations in or near Calistoga
UpValley Inn & Hot Springs
Indian Springs Resort and Spa
The Craftsman Inn
The Craftsman Inn
#7 of 27 in Calistoga

Been to Cottage Grove Inn? Share your experiences!