Cottage Grove Inn
Solage, an Auberge Resort(Calistoga)
US$646
US$589
Official Website
US$341
US$227
UpValley Inn & Hot Springs(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$163
AscendHotels
Best Western Plus Stevenson Manor(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$163
US$215
US$409
Travelocity
Roman Spa Hot Springs Resort(Calistoga)
US$274
US$239
US$231
Travelocity
Golden Haven Hot Springs Spa(Calistoga)
US$131
Travelocity
All reviewswine and cheesewood burning fireplacefront porchrocking chairsnapa valleycrackersbath saltspicnic basketfresh fruitwine countrycomplimentary breakfastbreakfast roomseparate showerthought of everythingwet barevery eveningspacious bathroom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 September 2005

The people who desigined the Cottage Grove are brilliant! My husband and I were completely delighted with every aspect of our cottage. The place is spotlessly clean and the staff are warm and friendly. We stayed in the Fly Fishing Cottage, but I believe all of the others are equally special. The furnishings are amazingly comfortable, with every little detail designed for ease of living and comfort. We loved it there so much, that one night we went downtown for takeout so we could stay in and relax in the coziness of the cottage. I loved the ceiling fan and the way the windows open up to the porch. We felt so totally at home there - like no other place we've ever been. The bathtub is honestly about three feet deep, and soaking in it was so much fun! There are skylights above the bed and in the bathroom also. There is a refrigerator, sink, television, and stereo, along with wine and water glasses, utensils, and even paper towels, and all of these ammeneties are hidden inside a built -in cabinet.

Every evening, they provided a more than ample selection of wine and cheese, along with various local wines. Candles burn throughout the common room, and outside on the patio as well. It was just lovely. Breakfast was served in the same room, and it was a nice way to begin the day.

We always walked into town and enjoyed being so close to everything. The people in the shops, restaraunts and markets are exceptionally friendly and we enjoyed it all so much. We both want to return as often as possible. I cannot think of one single thing that could improve the Cottage Grove, it is exceptional in every aspect.

1  Thank 1,980
Reviewed 3 September 2005

My husband and I recently stayed here during a week long driving trip down the California coast and through the Napa Valley area. After reading the reviews here, I decided to book for one night (although I wish we could have stayed longer). The past reviewers were right on target. The rooms are wonderful, very cozy with great attention to every detail. Just to note, I am an extremely picky person so cleanliness is my top priority. And this place did not disappoint. It had all the necessities plus other nice additional touches, like bath salts, umbrella in the closet, refrigerator, wine openers, cd set and cozy chairs. The wine and cheese tasting in the afternoon was great. Despite the fact that the location is off the main road, noise was never a problem for us. It really felt like a relaxing getaway. Would defintely return and felt that even though it was expensive and there was no full breakfast (continental only- although this was stated up front so there were no surprises), it was definitely worth it.

• Stayed: May 2005
California
Reviewed 26 July 2005

We planned a last minute trip and were able to get one night at Cottage Grove. Next time we will definitly stay more than one night (usually a two night minimum I think).

Very peaceful and romantic. Perfect for two. Each cottage has a different theme.

The wine and cheese in the afternoon and the continental breakfast were wonderfully done. The accomodations were updated and very clean. The entire place is just beautiful.
The staff was very kind and friendly.

Walking distance to the downtown area so we could just walk downtown for dinner.

I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a great place to stay in Calistoga.

• Stayed: July 2005
long island, ny
Reviewed 20 July 2005

We've had such bad experiences lately with b&b's and I was sure this would be another for my list. Boy was I wrong. On a secluded strip of property lies a group of small, pristinely kept cottages (I'm told it is a converted trailer park.) We stayed in the Vintner's Cottage and upon arrival, walked in to a well air conditioned very large room with classical music playing on the built in stereo. The bed was large and comfortable, and the room was incredibly clean. A gas fireplace lay directly across from the bed, and a small sink and fridge rounded out the room. Through a doorway to a very large bathroom--double sinks on one side, spa tub and stall shower on the other. Double sinks!!! you never see them in hotels, much less in a b&b!

They've thougth of everything..water and snapple in the fridge, bath crystals for the spa, a small lovered window so you can hear the music playing. Just beautiful.

Plus, every night from 5-7, free wine and cheese, with three reds and three whites from the area. Breakfast was simple continental, plus each cottage has a breakfast tray so you can eat in or outside the main building, or if you like bring it back...no pressure.

The staff was quite knowledgable, and the local merchants are great (see Calistoga bike shop). I saw an earlier review calling CGI pricey...in all honesty, its prices were in the typical range we pay at a b&b (we stay at one or two a year) and the CGI goes right to the top of our list. The only shame is, we live across the country, or it would become a regular spot in our lives.

• Stayed: July 2005
SAN DIEGO, CA
Reviewed 20 April 2005

Calistoga is adorable! The Cottage Grove Inn was "Love at first sight"!!

Upon arrival, the good-natured staff were very informative and welcoming. The girls at the desk helped us with planning all of our Napa Valley sight seeing throughout our entire stay.

Our cottage, the Vintners Cottage, was so perfect for the Napa Valley. All of the decor pertained to the wine country. The Cottage Grove is the definition of perfection. All of the beddingis down, hard wood floors throughout, skylights, wood-burning fireplace....but wait, I'm not done!....the jacuzzi tub with candles and bathsalts! When you are done bathing, you slip into the most comfy robe that they provide you with. Laying by the fire with the person that you love the most, after a warm bath, watching a DVD together or reading the books that previous guests write in about their trip, was the perfect aviance. Cottage Grove Inn has a breakfast that is wonderful, and a wine and cheese reception that is candle lit and amazing. The other guests and the staff were SOOOOO wonderful- this is the ONLY place I will return to when visiting Calistoga. Absolute perfection- They didn't leave out a thing!!!

• Stayed: March 2005