We were very disappointed by this B&B, especially after reading the other reviews.
Our main complaints were
1) There are many (4-5?) dogs on the properties. We happen to not be very fond of dogs, and we believe that they should have warned us when we called. The dogs were not dangerous.
2) Because of the dogs, the room we had (arrowhead) had a terrible stink of "wet dog hair". You get used to it, but when you enter it really hits you, and you'd rather not spend time inside.
3) The 2nd B, breakfast was a scam, not very different from a motel6: when we arrived at 6pm, they showed us (all in the room) a basket with bakery (muffins...) and some fruit, pointed to an coffee machine like you see in motels and that was it. The bakery wasn't very fresh the next morning so we decided to just head to a local coffee place in Calistoga. Nothing like the nice breakfasts you get in most B&B.
4) The swimming pool didn't feel very inviting, not that we wanted to swim, but again, it was more motel6 then Auberge du Soleil.
In the end, we just slept there, and left early morning asap. For 150$ + tax, it felt like we could have much better (and we have typically in other B&Bs), and that never leaves a good taste.
To try and balance this review, the innkeeper (Scarlett's son we presume) was kind, the place might be good for families with children, since there is a lot of space. It's quiet, off Silverado trail so you sleep well. There is free wireless internet. We can't think of much more positive to say. It was a big disappointment and we won't return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cozy, private bed and breakfast nestled into the heart of the valley, halfway between St. Helena and Calistoga. Intimate, serene, and friendly - a perfect place for a night away. Currently closed for renovation. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn Calistoga
- Calistoga Country Inn