“Exceptionally pleasant, excellant in every way”
Review of Chateau de Vie

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Calistoga
Chateau de Vie
Ranked #2 of 27 Calistoga B&B and Inns
Newton, Massachusetts
“Exceptionally pleasant, excellant in every way”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Just a lovely lovely place....the food is excellant, graciously served....and i just love a place that sets the coffee out in the morning so if you need that first cup you can get it at your leisure...had the new york times too, which we like...peter offered wonderful advice on the area, places to go, roads to drive down...very appreciated...the view from the back is positively addictive--you cant wait to sit back there, drink wine and just unwind...very much enjoyed the pool too....the whole place is very thought-out...the only thing i can say is that if the other guests here are not to your liking or are inconsiderate, you will definitly have to deal with them, its a small place...calistoga is a fun little town, and it is easy to gt to all of napa from here so is a perfect location...

Room Tip: I imagine all the rooms here are very pleasant. We had the third floor and it was great
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We just returned from a week long stay in California. We stayed at various hotels during our stay and hands down Chateau de Vie was our favorite. Phillip and Peter are just the most gracious hosts who bent over backwards to make everything perfect (and they make one mean breakfast!). The grounds are gorgeous and the inside of the house is really nice- really beautifully renovated and decorated. They gave us excellent recommendations and were nothing but helpful without being intrusive. The only negative is that we only got to stay one night! We would have loved to have stayed longer. We are already planning our next trip.

Sydney
Reviewed 19 August 2013

My wife and I recently spent 3 nights at the Chateau de Vie. This was our first time to Calistoga and everything about our stay was just perfect. First of all our hosts Peter, and Phillip made us feel very welcome, and nothing was too much trouble. The day would start with tea and coffee outisde our room, to a beautifully prepared breakfast on the back deck over looking the vineyard. After a day of exploring the local area and too many amazing tastings we would return to a cheese plate by the pool. One evening Peter organised a picnic for us out in the vineyard as the sun was setting. Such a beautiful place to stay, and would couldn't have asked for anything more. Very relaxing, top quality accomodation, furnishings, breakfast and hosts. Can't wait to come back. Thanks CDV, you guys should be very proud of the high level service you are offering to your guests. For people heading to the Napa Valley, do yourself a favour and stay at the Chateau de Vie, you will never look back.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Our 4 night stay at CdV was perfect in every way: hospitality is warm, breakfasts original & delicious, amenities (lap pool/hot tub, garden, afternoon wine, bedrooms) flawless. Can't wait to return! Hosts will provide day trip info and are at all times interested in providing for your happiness.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank HotelguestNyc
Normal, Illinois
Reviewed 17 August 2013

My brother, mom, and I stayed at Chateau de Vie in July and had an amazing time. Peter and Phillip were ever gracious - Peter had great advice for my cycling brother and for tips on the wine tours; Phillip prepared amazing breakfasts (even gluten free for me!) The Chateau is right in a working winery with beautiful views. We enjoyed the swimming pool and I went for morning runs in the stunning scenery. A wonderful trip - my only regret was that my husband wasn't able to join us. Must plan a return trip (with him) sometime soon!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 August 2013

My fiancé and I just returned from a 3 night stay at Chateau de Vie and I've been trying to think of a way to review it to truly capture how incredible of a stay it was.

To begin, I have spent my entire professional career in the hospitality industry, specifically in luxury hospitality so needless to say, my expectations tend to be very high. Like most of you on here, I read the reviews and was truly blown away, even before ever stepping a foot on the property. From the view to the breakfast to the service to the accommodations, this property was setting the bar excessively high from the get go. As our trip approached, the excitement was building but also my concern that there was no way that this place could truly be this good.... there was just no way!

My fiancé and I arrived to the property on Thursday afternoon and we were graciously and quickly greeted by Peter who helped us to our room, showed us around the property and offered to book reservations for dinners, winery tours or anything else that we could think of. Breakfast (I'll get to that in a minute) is typically served at 9am, however, they will adjust to what best accommodates you. Coffee and tea is provided daily upstairs in the hallway at 7am, a great selection of complimentary, and very good, wine is available in the dining room every day and there is a refrigerator on the deck that is stocked with soft drinks and water.

Our first impressions were that the Chateau is beautiful, well decorated and cozy. The grounds are breathtaking, the gardens are immaculate and the views from the back deck overlooking their vineyard and the mountains were just stunning.

Once we got settled into our room we decided to take a dip in the pool that is on the property. The pool is private, nicely landscaped and very clean. Peter quickly came over and asked if we would like a fruit/cheese platter and I officially began thinking that I may just never return home.

Mornings at the Chateau were my favorite. I was still on East Coast time so I would tend to wake up as the sun was peeking over the hills on the other side of the valley. I would sit outside with my iPad (wifi is free and works very well) and was greeted each morning by Peter or Phillip with my own carafe of coffee and accompaniments. It was very clear that Peter and Phillip take a lot of effort learning about their guests, knowing when they tend to eat, what they prefer to drink, where they like to sit, etc. This attention to detail is subtle but incredibly well executed and very well received. As mentioned previously, breakfasts were out of this world! Often starting with fresh baked scones, muffins or whatever delectable treats Phillip could think up and then followed by an amazing “main” course always including fresh fruits and orange juice. Trying to describe Phillip’s creations would just be wrong and not even give him enough credit. Put it at this, my mornings since returning home have been quite disappointing!

A close second to my favorite time of day at the Chateau were evenings. There is very little light pollution up in Calistoga and on a clear night, the stars are incredible. Definitely make sure to go outside and enjoy a glass of wine in the hot tub! The Milky Way is so bright and the stars are so numerous that it’s almost hypnotic!

In conclusion, this place was incredible, worth every penny and will absolutely be a place we will call home again soon!

Thank you Peter and Phillip! We had an amazing time and you helped make our trip to Napa an incredible experience!

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Totally wonderful place to stay. Lovely hosts, who couldn't have been more nice or more thoughtful. Beautiful setting, nice pool and remarkable breakfasts and 3 pm wine and cheese

The pool is great for quiet laps. It can not been seen from the back patio. So you can swim in peace and the people snaking reading and drinking wine in the back seating area are also not disturbed.

Highly recommended

Phil P

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calistoga
Wine Country Inn & Cottages
Calistoga Ranch, An Auberge Resort
Solage, an Auberge Resort
Solage, an Auberge Resort
#2 of 15 in Calistoga

Been to Chateau de Vie? Share your experiences!