“B&B Bliss”
Review of Chateau de Vie

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Calistoga
Chateau de Vie
Ranked #1 of 27 Calistoga B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 February 2007

Heaven… no, but close. I recently had the pleasure of staying in an exquisite B& B in Calistoga, CA. My experience with this home and its proprietors’ was beyond description, but I’ll do my best.
I take several small trips a year to wind down and it generally falls on the talents and the abilities of the staff at the inn to see that I get what I came for, relaxation, calm and comfort. Château de Vie delivered.
When I select a particular inn it is because they were recommended in a review that I ran across or personally from one of my confidants. I came across CDV on an internet review site and incorporated a stay there with a trip to the Napa Valley and the North Coast. Upon arrival I was impressed with a delicately understated sign on the road that informed me that I had arrived. Pulling into the drive I was rewarded with a beautiful Chateau in muted shades surrounded by lush gardens and a vineyard with the regal Miss, Mount St. Helena, as a backdrop. Aesthetically pleasing it prompted a warm smile.
Once inside the inn I was impressed by the richness of the walls and the well-appointed interior. There was a distinct feeling of an environment that exudes comfort.
The room was as pleasing as the rest of the inn. With warm, rich colors and a vaulted ceiling, it was well furnished, clean and airy. The fireplace and Jacuzzi tub were bonuses I hadn’t expected. The king size bed was beautifully attired with all the necessary accoutrement.
All of my needs were met, most before I had deigned to communicate them. The food was delectable and the service was never intrusive.
I hope you’ve had the opportunity to be a guest in a place where the individuals that operate it really care and show it through action and deed. At Chateau de Vie you will experience this as it happens with an effortless flow that is indeed a lost art.
Phillip and Peter, the proprietors, have revived this lost art.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled solo
3  Thank barefutn
There are newer reviews for Chateau de Vie

Reviewed 16 November 2006

What a fantastic discovery! This very charming four room inn (soon to be five!) was warm and inviting and sits in its own vineyard. The innkeepers, Peter and Phillip are gracious and very friendly and know how to be attentive without being pushy or over-bearing. The bedrooms are cozy and the common rooms (living and dining) are so comfortable you feel as if you were at home with friends. The breakfast is not your typical B&B fare. Imaginative food preperation and impeccable presentation are the norm and it is done with an ease that makes you wonder if magic was involved. The view to the vineyard is lovely and early risers will be treated to a wonderful view of the hills in the distance. My wife and I will always make time to stay at this inn during any future trips to the Napa/Sonoma area. We were very sorry to leave and look forward to a return in early 2007. Go now!

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marshman1
Reviewed 15 November 2006

My wife and I should have written this review long ago, but we were trying to keep Calistoga's best kept secret to ourselves. We have been to Chateau De Vie many times over the past five years, and always look forward to our next visit with Phillip and Peter. The property is beautifully located. The rooms are elegant -- relaxing and smartly appointed with none of your grand mother's flowers or lace. The breakfasts are simply amazing (no dieters please). Finally, the company couldn't be better. Phillip and Peter are attentive hosts, and are always up for a good conversation. They always make you feel relaxed and comfortable, like you're staying with good friends. They are also an invaluable font of knowledge on where to discover the hidden gems of Napa Valley. We look forward to meeting some of you over the breakfast table on our next stay.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Raymond13
Reviewed 31 October 2006

My husband and I recently spent 3 short nights at Phillip and Peter's wonderful inn. The decor, the ambiance, the view, and of course the magnifcent breakfasts--were all top notch, and not to be missed! Phillip and Peter were gracious, helpful and very attentive. It was hard to make ourselves get up and go every day, since it was so comfortable to just lounge around their beautiful property! We walked through the vineyards in the back, spent each perfect October night in the outdoor hot tub, and spent evenings before dinner enjoying the wine, cheese and crackers (and not just your normal cheese and crackers).

All the breakfasts wer amazing, but on our last morning, Phillip made us eggs and chardonnay--scrambled eggs with fresh tarragon and brie cheese, paired with a crisp glass of chardonnay. Not many places will do wine pairing at breakfast!

We enjoyed our stay so much, I don't think we'll ever be able to stay anywhere else in the valley. It was quiet, serene, and unpretentious--yet extremely high class.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank msessengee77
Reviewed 23 October 2006

Eight of us stayed last year at chateau de vie [----]and loved it so much that we all went back again last month. it is a short hop to downtown, lovely calistoga. however, it's hard to leave the inn because it is so relaxing and calm. the inn keepers cook a really creative and tasty breakfast each day and serve excellent cheeses and wine in the afternoon. they are filled with great advice for out-of-the-way vineyards and restaurants. you can walk out back into the vineyards or sit infront of the fire, or lie by the pool. we are veteran bed and breakfast guests and chateau de vie ranks right up at the top of the list. have a great trip, H

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled with friends
1  Thank 2countriesperannum
Reviewed 26 August 2006

This bed and breakfast was a true serene and elegant retreat. The hosts Philip and Peter are supreme hosts and the property is calming and lovely. The afternoon cheeseplate is elegant and the granola served at breakfast one morning was the best granola I have ever tasted. This is truly a "don't miss" off the beaton NAPA path B & B.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wunie
A TripAdvisor Member
Sausalito. CA
Reviewed 10 July 2006

Although I live only an hour and a half away -- I felt as if I was in another world. The accomendations exceeded my expectations. Given that it was hovering around 100 degrees-- the pool was a special oasis. Set in the vineyard and planted with lavender and rosemary around the edges made it a perfect place to just relax.
Phillip and Peter are perfect hosts and provide a wonderful breakfast (the scones were to die for -- will have to go back to get the recipe!)

While this is a wonderful place for couples -- it is also a great place to go alone or with the girls for a weekend away.

Lavender Spa is only minutes away as is the main street (Lincoln) in Calistoga.
I am already trying to plan when I can next make it Chateau De Vie.

• Stayed: July 2006
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calistoga
Wine Country Inn & Cottages
#3 of 27 in Calistoga
Solage, an Auberge Resort
Solage, an Auberge Resort
#2 of 15 in Calistoga

Been to Chateau de Vie? Share your experiences!