“Dr. Wilkinson's is a good cure for what ails you” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort

Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Calistoga
San Francisco, California
“Dr. Wilkinson's is a good cure for what ails you”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

We've been coming to Dr. Wilkinson's once or twice a year now for 4 or 5 years. Clean, uncluttered rooms, helpful housekeeping and front desk staff, wonderful pools & spa, a short walk to decent restaurants in a small town still isn't tarnished by too many "tourist" items. A must stop for meat eaters is Buster's BBQ. Nothing syrupy or pretentious here; it's the real thing.

Room Tip: All the rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Mark W, Owner at Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Dear Tommytucker,

Thank you for your most gentle reiew! We always enjoying hearing from our many repeat guests (close to 70%) and I cannot thank you enough for helping to spread the word about Dr. Wilkinson's. As you know, we are family owned and run for almost 61 years, always keeping up with the times to provide a truly relaxing getaway experience for our regular guests while welcoming new guests.

I hope to see you here again soon!

Mark Wilkinson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Hurdle Mills, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

I have stayed at Dr Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort for years. From the time you enter the parking lot until you leave the parking lot you are pampered and made to feel like family. Convenient location, immaculate grounds, spa treatments are superb, awesome staff. Wouldn't consider staying anywhere else.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Kay P
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

My partner and I were looking for a getaway. This place did it all. Easy check-in without the Napa Valley attitude was great. Our room was immaculate....king bed, nice fabric and pillows and robes. There are 3 pools that are close to the rooms and very peaceful. No pool scene just relaxed. We did the works mud bath with a great massage. This place is so different and authentic old school. Great massages! We both were so relaxed that we barely made it down the street for dinner. We both had the best sleep and woke up and asked for a late check out....the staff was awesome and gave us until 1:00PM. Not sure this always happens but it worked for us! It was nice to have more time for a swim and sun!

In all, a very special place. I have been to many five star places. The "Doc" and family and staff are the best. The only place to stay and relax in Napa.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jake R
Mark W, Owner at Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
Dear Jake R,

Thank you so much for the kind review. Your feedback means everything to us and I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Don't be a stranger.....come back soon!

Hope Mills, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

I went to Travis AFB CA to visit with my Son & Daughter n Law & to meet my new baby Grand Daughter !! .. I was there for nearly a month & I enjoyed everyday that I was there .. I wanted to do something very special for my Daughter n Law & what better way to say I love you !! ..
We looked up Spa's on the internet & came across Dr. Wilkinson's Spa in Calistoga which is only an hour drive away so we called & got the info & booked our Spa Day !! .. We arrived on April 6, 2013 .. The Front Desk Personnel Miss Peresita greeted us & explained everything that we were going to have done with the package price we chose , which was the Works !! .. We each had the Mud Bath .. The Mineral Bath .. The Steam Room & Blanket Wrap & our Massage was last !! .. Each was a wonderful experiance & I have to say Miss Marsha was " OUTSTANDING " with the Massage that she gave to me !! .. All the Woman Attendants were very respectable with telling us what to do & answering all our questions .. they made us feel so welcome & right at home !! .. Everything was very clean & relaxing .. We had the greatest time ever & last but least .. Feeling like a new woman when we walked out of there !! .. We had a good walk along the Town & had a wonderful lunch at BRANNAN'S !! .. Napa Valley is so beautiful & a must see to experiance it all !! .. My trip was complete !! .. I'm back home in NC now however I am so looking forward to visiting again in the Fall & this time I will be bringing my Hubby so we can have a Spa Day together at Dr. Wilkinson's Spa !! .. Thank You all for making our day a relaxing one !! Johanna Reschke xo-xo

Oak Ridge, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

This place was completely dated but charming. At this point, it's retro, but I don't think they designed it for retro, it just hasn't changed since the '60s. The sink area was gold and it had a small tube tv. My friend and I did mud baths and it was a fun experience. We went off-season and got a good deal on a room and mud bath combo, so check their website for similar specials if you go at the right time. The mud bath included the actual mud bath (which smelled horribly and felt weird but was somehow relaxing and fun), a steam, and a bubbling mineral bath, followed by what I considered nap time in a relaxing room while wrapped in blankets. I'd recommend doing it with someone rather than alone, as half the fun is in laughing about it and talking about how creepy fun it is.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Stephanie G
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013

Loved our stay here, room was lovely, nice touch with the robes and little extras. Such a beautiful little town. Calistoga was one of my fav stops on our Cali road trip. Staff were helpful, room was very clean and comfortable. Would return and recommend

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear fraggy87,

Thank you much for the great review. I am really happy that our staff and facilities created an enjoyable stay for you while visitting from NZ.

Please visit us again on your next visit out this way!

Warm best wishes,
Mark
La Pine, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

The spa treatment was amazing!!! First the mud bath. Then the mineral bath. Then sit in the steam room. Then you are wrapped in warm blankets. The grand finale is the 30 minute massage!!! It was a GRAND experience!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mark W, Owner at Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort, responded to this review, 18 April 2013
Dear SaranN,

Thank you so much for your lovely review. I truly appreciate your taking the time to leave your thoughts. We have just completed a freshening of all gardens and the resort is looking particularly inviting and relaxing.

We hope to see you here another time soon!