“dr wilkinson's hot springs resort - great massage”

Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Calistoga
oakland
Reviewed 16 January 2006

the massage was excellent, the best i've ever had! the mineral bath was disappointing in that the tubs weren't filled high enough, and the water was not hot enough. it might have been that the bath attendants weren't paying attention. the next time, i'd skip the mineral bath and get a longer massage. there are mineral pools, indoor & outdoor to use instead of the mediocre mineral bath. however, overall, the staff were were helpful and professional. the rooms were clean and much larger than i had expected.

• Stayed: January 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

oakland ca
Reviewed 5 December 2005

We love Dr. Wilkinson's and continue to return. THose looking for elegant luxury may be dissapointed; Dr. Wilkinson's is more about simple, affordable relaxation. Their services are always exceptional -- we've had facials, massages and mudbaths over the years and have always been pleased as well as relaxed. Nothing beats their three mineral pools!

The staff is knowlegeable, especially those in the services areas (mud baths, massage, facial) and on our last visit, I was particulary delighted with my facial, which took place in a plush, quiet and secluded "spa cottage".

The rooms are spacious and lovely, the grounds quiet. We reccomend Dr. Wilkinson's to anyone, including families, looking for a simple, affordable rest. Those interested in high end pampering, the elegant "spa" thing, might want to stay elsewhere.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 November 2005

Just went for a mud bath and massage. Facilities were basic but clean. Massage was excellent and the staff were super friendly. No attitude, just nice people.

Stayed: October 2005
2  Thank Alex Runner
Santa Cruz, CA
Reviewed 11 October 2005

Doc's in Calistoga, A place that is excellent in all areas, the hotel rooms, are decorated great, roomy and very comfortable, the 3 pools are always sparkling at the right temp, the treatments oh my gosh, the best and I have tried other always come back to Doc's!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
oakland, ca
Reviewed 28 September 2005

my husband treated me to what sounded like a perfect birthday gift at the spa. it was the thought that counted. this place is awful. the front desk woman was incredibly rude - it was almost laughable. the attends in the spa didn't seem to give a crap and it felt like a hospital-setting. massage was ok, nothing great. the setting is very dated. i do not recommend this place.

Stayed: June 2005
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 26 September 2005

My girlfriends and I went up there for Bridal Shower weekend. We only went for the spa, but had access to the other facilities all day. When the owner found out that it was a Bridal shower, he presented the Bride with a small gift. So why is the service paramount? Our battery happened to die in the parking lot, and none of my girlfriends had AAA, and we were far from anyone who could help us. No one had jumper cables. The owner used his own AAA card to help us out and even interupted his own scheduled plans to do so. So great service and great people. Dr. Wilkenson's ROCKS!

Stayed: September 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 September 2005

We went to Calistoga for a friend's wedding and to celebrate my birthday, it was my first time as well as my boyfriend's. By the time we went to book rooms that were blocked for wedding guests at an adjacent hotel they were all full. By the advice of this site we went with Dr. Wilkinson's, for the price I hoped we'd be getting a great room. It was a bit pricey, more than we wanted to spend but we were pleasantly surprised... very nice linens, good sized room, a great courtyard to hang out and central location. Unfortunately we didn't get into the mineral pools but they looked relaxing. I got the "works" package, I loved the massage but could've done without the mud bath. Not that it was bad, it just wasn't my thing... kind of smelly and uncomfortable feeling restricted in that way.

• Stayed: September 2005