“Dearly loved my mud bath, massage and special attention!”

Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Calistoga
Chico, California
“Dearly loved my mud bath, massage and special attention!”
Reviewed 4 July 2010

This being my second trip to Doc's, I was dearly looking forward to another warm, soothing feeling while lying in a mud bath - it did not disappoint. It's delightful wiggling one's toes, fingers, the cooling sensation of cucumber slices on the eyelids and in general, ideal contentment. Next was a whirlpool bath followed by relaxing, while lying prone, snuggled in a thick, terry robe. A steam bath was next, followed by a deep-tissue massage, (one can choose the type of massage). The kindliness extended by the staff is exceptional.

Having friends in the area, I did not stay at the hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 14 June 2010

My boyfriend whisked me away on a birthday getaway. After a day of over eating and drinking in the Napa Valley i was feeling fabulous. I awoke the next morning feeling a little hungover to say the least. I was considering cutting the trip short but my man assured me that he had planned the perfect followup day.
We ended up in the charming town of Calistoga. We were greeted with a friendly welcome and some fresh strawberries. We were taken to our mud baths where I was at first a little aprehensive but quickly forgot all about that. I loved the feeling of the warm mud and clay. and of couse the cool cucumbers on my eyes were a nice touch. This was followed by a mineral bath and then a sauna. To top it off was a great massage from Cassy. I was 100% revived and made my man promise we'd go there again. Next time my treat, (I love'd it that much)! Perfect weekend in Napa and it was all because of you Dr. Wilkinson and family!

Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Calistoga, California
Reviewed 11 May 2010

Again I visited Dr. Wilkinsons, in the lovely city of Calistoga,as I have been doing since 1962.
The owners Caroline Mark and Howard, and their,very kind and well trained personel ,always make me feel like part of the family.I very much enjoy the outdoor, warm swimming pool which can be used all the year and their indoor hot pool soothes the pains I sometimes have in my shoulders and hips,and if that does not help then their very well trained massage technicians do the rest.
If one wants more country style quarters one can also stay at thewir lovely HIDEAWAY Resort, lovely cabins, with kitchens and only two blocks from downtown.,Spread out on 2 ackers of land, with large swimming pool and again a very hot Jaccuzi pool one gets the feeling of beeing way out in the country.
Lovely, lovely lovely

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
Hillsboro, Oregon
Reviewed 14 April 2010

Had a great experience at "Doc's". Great room, wonderful pools, and a really nice staff. My brother and I enjoyed the mud baths and I really relaxed and appreciated the massage, which was a first for me. I left feeeling really mellow and relaxed! Tim, my massage therapist was great and gave me some tips for relaxation. Rooms were spacious and comfortable. The front desk recommended a small winery (Tudal) and they gave a great tour! In all, a great stay!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
Berkeley, California
Reviewed 13 April 2010

I have been using this facility since 2007 and have never been disappointed.

The staff is very attentive to your needs and very knowledgeable of the facilities and all that it has to offer. The spa services are wonderful and I recommend the following: facials, mineral baths and massages (1 hr). The masseuses are respectful, courteous, knowledgeable and professional.

I enjoy the separate dressing rooms for men and women and the staff is very cognizant of the intimate nature of what the business and i feel very relaxed and comfortable while in their care.

The pools (x3) are magnificent. They offer two (2) outdoor heated pools and the largest and most spectacular 'in-door hot tub" that I've ever seen. This hot tub can easily accommodate 20 - 25 people confortably. ( You have to see it to believe it!! Since it is enclosed, you can use this pool year round.... no matter the outside weather conditions (rain or shine).

The location is perfect, since it is on the main drag (Lincoln Avenue) so you can walk to various shops, restaurants and the grocery store.

So, if you're looking a for a place to swin, relax, spa or do absolutely nothing, this is the place. They also have a courtyard where you can sit at night where the weather is nice and enjoy eating your food with a nice bottle of wine.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 April 2010

On the drive to Dr. Wilkinson's in Calistoga, I got very, very sick. Not car-sick... food poisoning sick. Horrible. We had four reservations for "The Works" - mud bath, herbal bath, massage, etc. When we arrived, my friends informed the folks at Dr. Wilkinson's that I was ill, and the staff went way out of their way to take care of me and make me feel comfortable. They canceled my appointment, gave me a place to lie down, covered me with blankets, brought water, and checked on me regularly (and quietly) throughout our time there. My friends each got "the best massage I've ever had," and I was incredibly well cared for.

Fortunately, this was not my first visit to Dr. Wilkinson's. But unfortunately, since I'd been there before, I knew what I was missing.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tony C
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 9 March 2010

My husband and I stated at Dr.s for our destination wedding/honeymoon. The villas are quaint and clean but what makes this place our favorite is the hot mud mineral bath. I'd do just about anything to be able to get into one of those tubs of steaming mud again.

Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple