I thouroughly enjoyed my first (and I hope not last) treatment at Dr. Wilkinson's. The mud bath intrigued me, so I signed up for "the works," - mud bath, mineral whirlpool, steam room, wrapped rest and massage. The entire experience was excellent. Staff made me feel welcome and comfortable throughout. The massage was wonderfully deep, but did not leave me sore. I left feeling all aglow and invigorated. I highly recommend this place with the caveat that prospective clients read about the process on the resort's Website and read negative as well as positive reviews to determine if this is the right place for you. Anyone looking for a frou-frou spa or who would be uncomfortable with nudity or with, well, mud, should look elswhere. If you want an authentic and professional spa treatment in the old-world sense, get thee to Dr. Wilkinson's. Treatments are fairly priced and represent good value, i.e. an hour massage is 60, not 50 minutes, as has become standard at many spas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Calistoga landmark offering contemporary lodging and wonderful treatments and pools! Contemporary rooms with easy access to three sparkling mineral water pools. Located in the heart of historic downtown Calistoga within steps of numerous restaurants, shops and tasting rooms. Dr. Wilkinson's is a mid-century modern icon in the Napa Valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dr. Wilkinson`s Hot Springs Hotel Calistoga
- Dr Wilkinsons Hot Springs Resort
- Dr Wilkinsons Hot Springs Hotel