Calistoga Motor Lodge and Spa
UpValley Inn & Hot Springs(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$179
AscendHotels
Mount View Hotel & Spa(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
US$227
US$221
Hotels.com
Wine Way Inn(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
US$195
US$158
Official Site
Best Western Plus Stevenson Manor(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
US$283
US$227
BestWestern.com
EuroSpa & Inn(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$1,325
US$905
Official Website
US$513
All reviewsretro styleroadside motelfree snacksking suitemid centurycute hotelwalls are thinhot tubpool areasilverado trailmineral water poolspools are greatclose to townrooms were very cleanmini fridgenice stayold school
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I found this hotel online, it seemed so intriguing, and my husband and I desperately needed a quick getaway, we had just celebrated our three wonderful kids birthday’s in December!
From the moment I talked to the Manage, Casey, who had the most Sunny and accommodating demeanor, I just knew this would be an amazing stay!!

We made reservations that day and took off to Calistoga, when we arrived were greeted at the front desk, by Casey I recognized that he was the man I had spoken on the phone with because he was so delightful and welcoming!!!

After checking in we quickly went to our room, to our amazement, it was the most beautiful, sunny, modern, oasis, we stayed in the king suite, it had sooo much room to stretch out our weary souls!!

We relaxed for a while in our room, and then decided to enjoy the mineral pools, oh my gosh, that was the most wonderful experience; we had never done this before even though we have lived in the area for over 13 years. As we frolicked in the pool and Jacuzzi like two kids, all of our cares and stresses melted away, and the benefit of the minerals seemed to be working already!!! We decided afar a long soak; we would return after dinner to this pool of life.

The hotel gave us passes to get to dinner and back, how wonderful is that!!!

So in conclusion I would highly recommend this hotel, rightly named Sunburst, for it returned our sunny dispositions to us!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Travel5965
Casey K, General Manager at Calistoga Motor Lodge and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

Dear Travel5965,

Thank you for choosing The Sunburst Calistoga and for your sharing your wonderful guest experience with us. I am delighted to know you thoroughly enjoyed your stay in our King Suite as your preferred accommodations at our newly remodeled hotel. It's also great to know how much you both loved our mineral water pools and Jacuzzi as it is a truly wonderful way to comfortably relax in after a day full of adventure in Calistoga. The complimentary passes for the Calistoga shuttle are great too as they will take you to your preferred destination within Calistoga!

Thank you for your fantastic comments; it is my pleasure to welcome you to The Sunburst Calistoga and I hope to see you for your next stay with us!

Reviewed 5 January 2014

We found this place looking through Living Social sales. I phoned them about checking in earlier then the coupon allowed and they immediately honored my request and the price the coupon offered. When we arrived our room was not ready but they gave us a discount for that night and within 30 mins the room was ready. This place is a gem. It was clean and the beds very comfortable. There is a small fridge in the room and you can use the microwave and toaster in the office for your own food to save on restaurant bills. They had a very nice selection of food for breakfast as well which is included in the stay. The staff is friendly and the pools were wonderful. It is a great place, great location to have a wonderful time in the Napa/Sonoma Winery area without the high prices of Napa hotels. We stayed from Dec. 29th to January 3rd. We had planned on staying until Jan 1st but had such a great time we stayed longer. The rooms are decorated simply with very comfortable beds and hide-a-bed in the two room accommodations. The bath room is huge with a wonderful shower area. Furniture is simple but very useful. I told the manager I hated to give him a great review as they may have too many people staying there for us to be able to use it again! We will be back thanks for a great time bringing in the New Year!

Room Tip: Our room was at the back close to the pool and was very quiet and comfortable. You can hear some noise from the pools if the kids are louder during the day but it is a good location without traffic noise and it is great to get to the pools quickly when it is closer in the evenings.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Fay S
Casey K, General Manager at Calistoga Motor Lodge and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear tobefree1,

Thank you for choosing The Sunburst Calistoga for your preferred accommodations and for sharing your wonderful guest experience at our newly remodeled hotel. I apologize that your guest room was not ready when you arrived at the hotel; however, I am very pleased to know you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us, including our complimentary continental breakfast and our naturally heated mineral water pools and Jacuzzi. We look forward to serving you as our guest for your next visit at The Sunburst Calistoga and thank you again for bringing in the New Year with us!

Reviewed 3 January 2014

I've been coming to Calistoga for years with family and friends and never considered this place until recently. We were very pleased with our room. Exceptionally clean and quite spacious. The staff were very nice and pleasant. We enjoyed having the Keurig in-room as we are early risers and like to have good coffee ASAP. This place is a bargain--that said, the breakfast was nice, not exceptional (typical heavy on the carbs continental breakfast but fruit and hard boiled eggs were there). The jacuzzi at first was too hot to get into but they addressed that. The walls are still thin (no cosmetic remodelling can fix that, I'm afraid) and while our neighbors were kind of noisy, they didn't stay up late! I think it's walking distance to town but not super convenient to the shops and other spas. All in all, if you are looking for a great, budget-friendly place this is the spot. I will definitely stay here again!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back (away from the street).
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Casey K, General Manager at Calistoga Motor Lodge and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Dear GVTraveller,

Thank you for choosing The Sunburst Calistoga as your preferred accommodations and for sharing your guest experience with us. I am delighted to know you enjoyed our newly remodeled guest rooms and I will share your great comments on our customer service with our staff. With that said, I apologize that the Jacuzzi was too hot in the evening (as we maintain the temperature of the Jacuzzi between 100 to 104 degrees) and I will follow up with my maintenance team to ensure it is properly maintained for your comfort and relaxation. I also apologize for your unpleasant noise from neighboring guest rooms. Thank you again for choosing The Sunburst Calistoga and we look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay at our hotel!

Reviewed 1 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here to attend a New Year's Eve party at the Fairgrounds. Our expectations were low due to the star rating from other sites, but we were pleasantly surprised when we checked in. The rooms have been recently renovated and everything is very clean. The room has a Keurig Coffee pot and they also give you a couple of complimentary small bottle waters to use during your stay. The bed is also very comfortable. The location is great and they also give you a free shuttle pass to go downtown that was very convenient. We stayed in a Suite room that had a separate living area with a TV and couch. The suites also come with robes for your use - regular rooms do not. We will most likely not return to this hotel because of the noise. We returned to the hotel around 2am and when we attempted to sleep, we could hear everything the guests next door were saying/doing - you can even hear the toilet flush. The guests next door to us were extremely loud (not anything the hotel can control) so we asked to be moved. The hotel immediately relocated us to a regular room that faces the main road. Unfortunately, the noise control is not much better in these rooms. You can hear traffic driving by as well movement from other rooms nearby. It's really a shame because the hotel rooms and facilities are great. Unfortunately, my husband is a very light sleeper and of course, sleep is a very important part of the stay. Hopefully the hotel is able to do something to fix this because it was a very enjoyable stay until it was time to sleep. If the noise wasn't an issue this would be at least 4 stars.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Casey K, General Manager at Calistoga Motor Lodge and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear cmoody94585,

Thank you for choosing The Sunburst Calistoga as your preferred accommodations and for sharing your recent guest experience. While I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our newly remodeled guest rooms, I sincerely apologize for the unpleasant inconvenience that you were not able to thoroughly relax in the comfort of your guest room due to the excessive noise from your neighboring guest room so early in the morning. While I am thankful to read we could accommodate you by moving you to our available guest room for a quieter evening, I apologize for the continued disturbance from the road noise. I will research into available options for suppressing noise in between our guest rooms walls for a more peaceful and quieter guest experience. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back to The Sunburst Calistoga as our guest and please contact me directly so that I may secure our best available accommodations for a quiet and relaxing stay.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

I am a true fan of the Sunburst Calistoga Hotel. The room was very clean and very spacious. The soap and lotion dispensers were filled with quality products (peppermint scented). OMG! The jacuzzi was great and very relaxing. Nevertheless my husband and I will stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Casey K, General Manager at Calistoga Motor Lodge and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Dear rwlondon3,

Thank you for staying with us at The Sunburst Calistoga and for sharing your great review of our hotel! I'm delighted to know you enjoyed your stay in our newly remodeled guest rooms, including our Gilchrist & Soames bathroom amenities and relaxing in the large-covered Jacuzzi! We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for your next visit in Calistoga!

Happy New Year & Warm Regards,