“An absolutely perfect experience”

Calistoga Motor Lodge and Spa
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Calistoga
Greenville, South Carolina
“An absolutely perfect experience”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We just came back from three nights at the Sunburst in Calistoga and it could not have been more perfect. The place was pristine-clean, extremely comfortable and convent to everything we wanted to do. The bed was more comfortable than ours at home. We loved being able to step out the back door, wearing our warm, fuzzy sunburst robes and walk the 20 feet to the mineral springs. Casey (I'm not sure what exactly his job was because he was everywhere, all the time) always had a friendly smile and really went over in beyond to help ensure that we had everything we needed. Breakfast was tasty with hot out-of-the-oven muffins and breads - not your standard, stale hotel bagel. Overall this place was not just the best bargain in the valley but 3 times as good as the place we paid 3 times as much for in Sonoma. We will be back!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank C M
Casey K, General Manager at Calistoga Motor Lodge and Spa, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear C M,

Thank you for choosing The Sunburst Calistoga and for sharing your recent guest experience. It is my pleasure to serve you and our guests to not only meet, but exceed your expectations as a newly remodeled hotel. I'm very pleased to know you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and I hope you welcome you back to our hotel when you travel plans bring you back through beautiful Calistoga.

Casey Klein

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Roseville, California
Reviewed 1 February 2014

What a great find for an inexpensive overnight in Calistoga! Casey at the front desk was a gem and upgraded us to two suites at no extra charge! Super friendly and welcoming staff.The bed was super comfy, the towels were nice and the whole place was very clean.

We enjoyed the warm pools and spa too.
enjoy,
Four Seasons Girls

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Casey K, General Manager at Calistoga Motor Lodge and Spa, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear Savveytraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent guest experience with us at The Sunburst Calistoga and I'm delighted to you know you thoroughly enjoyed your stay in our King Suite accommodations. It is my pleasure to serve you as our guests so that we may meet and exceed your expectations so you have a truly memorable and relaxing stay. We look forward to seeing you when you next travel through beautiful Calistoga!

Reviewed 25 January 2014

I would recommend this place highly. It's not directly in town which I liked. I'm able bodied and enjoyed the half mile walk into town. There was also some reviews about the noise level here. For us it was a non issue it was quiet and relaxing. This place was clean, relaxing and a great value. I will be back.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Daniel M
Casey K, General Manager at Calistoga Motor Lodge and Spa, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
Dear Daniel M,

Thank you for sharing your recent guest experience with us at The Sunburst Calistoga. I'm delighted to know that you had a comfortable and relaxing stay with us at our newly remodeled hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back as our guest when your travel plans bring you back through beautiful Calistoga!

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We stayed at the Sunburst Calistoga at Christmas on a Living Social deal, and it was fantastic!

Its bright green apple and creamsicle color scheme pops in the sunlight. The rooms feature modern amenities like memory foam mattresses, Keurig coffee makers, ample electrical outlets for our gadgets, rainfall shower heads, sumptuous white bed linens, flat-screen TVs, adorable "marshmallow" chairs, and ultra-soft fluffy bathrobes (warning: very linty, but cozy--just keep them away from your dark clothes!).

The mineral pools were sparkling clean, well maintained, and--believe it or not--quite comfortable even in the 30-degree frost. There's a large pool with a max. 5-foot depth and a smaller and warmer soaking pool about 3 feet deep, and just beside those is the enclosed whirlpool, which is very hot. We had fun alternating between the three. The hotel furnishes comfy loungers and swanky towels poolside.

The front desk staff provided excellent service throughout our stay. I highly recommend the Sunburst Calistoga!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank niceplace2visit
Casey K, General Manager at Calistoga Motor Lodge and Spa, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear niceplace2visit,

Thank you for choosing The Sunburst Calistoga as your preferred accommodations and I'm delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us in our newly remodeled guest rooms. Our mineral pools and Jacuzzi are always naturally heated throughout the day and into the evening, so it's very relaxing even when we have colder evenings in Calistoga! I would like to apologize for the inconvenience with the lint from the robes and I am working with our housekeeping team to implement a solution right away. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back when your travel plans take you through beautiful Calistoga.

Santa Rosa
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I found this hotel online, it seemed so intriguing, and my husband and I desperately needed a quick getaway, we had just celebrated our three wonderful kids birthday’s in December!
From the moment I talked to the Manage, Casey, who had the most Sunny and accommodating demeanor, I just knew this would be an amazing stay!!

We made reservations that day and took off to Calistoga, when we arrived were greeted at the front desk, by Casey I recognized that he was the man I had spoken on the phone with because he was so delightful and welcoming!!!

After checking in we quickly went to our room, to our amazement, it was the most beautiful, sunny, modern, oasis, we stayed in the king suite, it had sooo much room to stretch out our weary souls!!

We relaxed for a while in our room, and then decided to enjoy the mineral pools, oh my gosh, that was the most wonderful experience; we had never done this before even though we have lived in the area for over 13 years. As we frolicked in the pool and Jacuzzi like two kids, all of our cares and stresses melted away, and the benefit of the minerals seemed to be working already!!! We decided afar a long soak; we would return after dinner to this pool of life.

The hotel gave us passes to get to dinner and back, how wonderful is that!!!

So in conclusion I would highly recommend this hotel, rightly named Sunburst, for it returned our sunny dispositions to us!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Travel5965
Casey K, General Manager at Calistoga Motor Lodge and Spa, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Dear Travel5965,

Thank you for choosing The Sunburst Calistoga and for your sharing your wonderful guest experience with us. I am delighted to know you thoroughly enjoyed your stay in our King Suite as your preferred accommodations at our newly remodeled hotel. It's also great to know how much you both loved our mineral water pools and Jacuzzi as it is a truly wonderful way to comfortably relax in after a day full of adventure in Calistoga. The complimentary passes for the Calistoga shuttle are great too as they will take you to your preferred destination within Calistoga!

Thank you for your fantastic comments; it is my pleasure to welcome you to The Sunburst Calistoga and I hope to see you for your next stay with us!

Murrieta, California
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We found this place looking through Living Social sales. I phoned them about checking in earlier then the coupon allowed and they immediately honored my request and the price the coupon offered. When we arrived our room was not ready but they gave us a discount for that night and within 30 mins the room was ready. This place is a gem. It was clean and the beds very comfortable. There is a small fridge in the room and you can use the microwave and toaster in the office for your own food to save on restaurant bills. They had a very nice selection of food for breakfast as well which is included in the stay. The staff is friendly and the pools were wonderful. It is a great place, great location to have a wonderful time in the Napa/Sonoma Winery area without the high prices of Napa hotels. We stayed from Dec. 29th to January 3rd. We had planned on staying until Jan 1st but had such a great time we stayed longer. The rooms are decorated simply with very comfortable beds and hide-a-bed in the two room accommodations. The bath room is huge with a wonderful shower area. Furniture is simple but very useful. I told the manager I hated to give him a great review as they may have too many people staying there for us to be able to use it again! We will be back thanks for a great time bringing in the New Year!

Room Tip: Our room was at the back close to the pool and was very quiet and comfortable. You can hear some no...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Fay S
Casey K, General Manager at Calistoga Motor Lodge and Spa, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear tobefree1,

Thank you for choosing The Sunburst Calistoga for your preferred accommodations and for sharing your wonderful guest experience at our newly remodeled hotel. I apologize that your guest room was not ready when you arrived at the hotel; however, I am very pleased to know you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us, including our complimentary continental breakfast and our naturally heated mineral water pools and Jacuzzi. We look forward to serving you as our guest for your next visit at The Sunburst Calistoga and thank you again for bringing in the New Year with us!

Grass Valley, California
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I've been coming to Calistoga for years with family and friends and never considered this place until recently. We were very pleased with our room. Exceptionally clean and quite spacious. The staff were very nice and pleasant. We enjoyed having the Keurig in-room as we are early risers and like to have good coffee ASAP. This place is a bargain--that said, the breakfast was nice, not exceptional (typical heavy on the carbs continental breakfast but fruit and hard boiled eggs were there). The jacuzzi at first was too hot to get into but they addressed that. The walls are still thin (no cosmetic remodelling can fix that, I'm afraid) and while our neighbors were kind of noisy, they didn't stay up late! I think it's walking distance to town but not super convenient to the shops and other spas. All in all, if you are looking for a great, budget-friendly place this is the spot. I will definitely stay here again!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back (away from the street).
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Casey K, General Manager at Calistoga Motor Lodge and Spa, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Dear GVTraveller,

Thank you for choosing The Sunburst Calistoga as your preferred accommodations and for sharing your guest experience with us. I am delighted to know you enjoyed our newly remodeled guest rooms and I will share your great comments on our customer service with our staff. With that said, I apologize that the Jacuzzi was too hot in the evening (as we maintain the temperature of the Jacuzzi between 100 to 104 degrees) and I will follow up with my maintenance team to ensure it is properly maintained for your comfort and relaxation. I also apologize for your unpleasant noise from neighboring guest rooms. Thank you again for choosing The Sunburst Calistoga and we look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay at our hotel!