I viewed the Sunburst website and couldn't believe it was the old Calistoga Village Inn & Spa which I used to love til it turned into a dump! There were mixed reviews on TA but I took a chance and spent 4 days at the Sunburst- glad I did. I originally booked the room with the Roman Tub . This room faced the road & based on TA reviews, it could be a bit noisy. I requested a room change. There are only 4 rooms with tubs and they face the road so I opted for quiet over the tub. The manager, Casey, couldn't have been more accommodating. I received a room facing the mountains, which had a living room, for the same price. The rooms are vibrantly decorated and CLEAN! Fridge and Keurig coffee maker, too. The living room area is a good size. TVs in living room & bedroom. King bed & pillows were very comfortable. Essential Elements soap, lotion, shampoo & conditioner. Air conditioning in both rooms that actually work... Pool & hot tub area are great. The property is beautifully landscaped. Lots of parking & a ten minute walk to town. The bathroom is small and as is typical for most motels, the walls are thin where the rooms adjoin. Other than that I can't say enough good things about the Sunburst! The staff is friendly and helpful. Will be staying here again on my next trip to Calistoga.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Calistoga Motor Lodge and Spa is an epic ode to the Great American Road Trip of the 50's, 60's, and 70's, and the spirit of exploration it evokes. Whether it's backroad wine country or a relaxing mineral bath, our backyard can be your backyard, and it's anything but ordinary. Framed by vineyards and bike trails, our stylish Mid-Century Modern digs are the perfect foundation for those looking to find their next great adventure from the perfect home base. Perfectly placed at the head of the Silverado Trail, in the heart of Californias scenic wine region, the Calistoga Motor Lodge and Spa features 50 rooms and suites, two Mineral Water Pools and a Mineral Water Hot Tub, and a Full Service Spa. We at the Calistoga Motor Lodge believe that a hotel is more than a bed and that life is best lived in this order: play, soak, eat, drink, spa, explore, sleep, repeat. And with this in mind, we set-out to create something that Wine Country has never seen. Welcome to our little, laid-back home, we we embrace color in spades and you can be you. After a leisurely bike ride to one of the dozens of nearby vineyards, soak up the sun and relax in our three on-site hot spring mineral water pools, perhaps with a glass of wine from one of the bottles you purchased along during the day. As the sun climbs high, hike or bike the adjacent Oat Hill Mine Trail where breathtaking views of the Valley are around every corner. Then, pamper yourself at our MoonAcre Spa and Baths. Our mission: to serve up bliss with a dose of whimsy and relaxation without the fuss. Because after all, there’s very little that laughter and a nice rub won’t cure. The hotel is located just 40 scenic minutes north of the City of Napa and 75 scenic miles from San Francisco. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Calistoga Motor Lodge and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Calistoga Village Hotel Calistoga
- Calistoga Village Inn And Spa
- Calistoga Village Resort