“Great Escape in Wine country”

Best Western Plus Stevenson Manor
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Calistoga
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Wonderful time at this hotel w very clean & comfortable accommodations with close proximity to area wineries. Nice, spacious room w fire place overlooking the patio pool, & Jacuzzi. The breakfasts provided a variety of choices changing on a daily basis. The employees were very professional and helpful. WE will return!

Room Tip: Rooms on the pool side were very quiet & off of the street.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank 36debbiem
Tammie Q, Manager at Best Western Plus Stevenson Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Thank you! I am so glad that you enjoyed your time with us.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Stevenson Manor

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We were very satisfied with the Best Western Plus Stevenson Manor. Our room was comfortable, clean, and very convenient, with a wet bar, refrigerator and microwave as well as a very pretty and spacious bathroom. The swimming pool was heated to a comfortable temperature and the area around the pool is very well-kept. Front desk staff was accommodating and nice. The included breakfast was a good value, and was much better than we expected! The hotel offers free wi-fi, too. Unlike many other hotels, this one offers a laundry area.I loved the fact that the lobby had a large binder filled with menus from the local restaurants as well as information about attractions. It was a short walk to the town center from here, and there is a beautiful view from the hotel parking lot. There is also a charming outside area with tables and chairs if one prefers to take breakfast outside.

Although we had been to Calistoga previously, this was the first time we actually stayed In the town.It appears to me that there is probably no bad choice in this town, but for families who are not interested in couples mud baths or spa services at their hotel, this hotel is an excellent choice.

Room Tip: If you are a late riser or a light sleeper, avoid the rooms right near the breakfast room or right u...
1  Thank Lu-AnnR

Thank you for the tips you mentioned in requesting rooms. Any help given for our guests to better enjoy their stay is appreciated.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Clean, nice room. Close to wineries. Very friendly staff, especially front office. Breakfast in morning was good. The price was a little high for this level of hotel but expect to pay a lot in Napa. Lobby was very small.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your feedback. I agree, the lobby does get crowded during our busier times and the owners are working on plans the expand the area.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

I have to say this was a lovely little place to stay in Calistoga and in general we had a nice stay until the day that we checked out. I left 12 items of clothing in the draws (which is my fault) but when I reached the next hotel in San Francisco and realised what I had done I rang the Stevenson Manor to ask them to courier them to the hotel in San Francisco (obviously I would would the cost) only to be told the items of clothing hadn't been handed in by the staff! after a couple of day of me chasing the management team to see what could be done I was told that they didn't believe me and that they stand by their staff and either I was lying or the couple that checked into room 216 on the 22.08.14 had taken the items which I think is terrible thing to say and that also means the member of staff didn't clean the room very well!! This whole experience upset me for a couple of days of my holiday and I think it's a shame this one small hotel has tainted the name of Best Westin in my eyes anyway.

Room Tip: be careful not to leave any items behind
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shaun T

Please let me re-assure you that this is an ongoing investigation and I appreciate your cooperation and patience.

This is the first such incident in the 16 months that I have managed the hotel and we successfully handle 25-30 items per month that are left behind by guests and are returned without incident.

I understand the frustration and will keep you updated to any progress.

Thank you.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

The hotel was well reviewed by others on Trip Advisor, and we were not disappointed at all. The property is well maintained, the double bed room was spacious and clean, the bathroom appeared to have been remodeled recently with tiled floor and granite counter tops. They graciously accommodated our request for a roll-away bed. We stayed on a Monday night and the room was very quiet. The breakfast was standard hotel fare but entirely satisfactory. They even have a courtyard with tables and chairs where we enjoyed our breakfast. The restaurants and shops in Calistoga are within an easy walk from the hotel. We would definitely recommend the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Tammie Q, Manager at Best Western Plus Stevenson Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you for your nice review of Stevenson Manor and Calistoga. I have shared your comments with the staff. You have provided us with wonderful motivation.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We were not expecting a large-chain hotel to feel like a friendly inn, so we were very pleasantly surprised. Polite staff, room was small but well appointed and the view was lovely. The breakfast area was small, but the breakfast was good.

If you're looking for something clean, comfortable and reasonably priced you should consider this one.....enjoy!

Room Tip: No lift so ask for 1st floor if stairs are problem.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Tammie Q, Manager at Best Western Plus Stevenson Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank you for your review. Your kind words are appreciated.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Went to Festival del Sole, wine and music in the Napa Valley. Good weather and generally great music and food, so who needs a top notch lodging, right? This place was very basic. Bed was comfortable, bath was clean, serviceable. Service was slow and not friendly... lots of rules for the breakfast room. Don't get a room on the street side as there is garbage pick-up, a bus stop, and construction across Lincoln, all at unhelpful hours of the morning. The reception clerk had no front teeth... makes you wonder.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Tammie Q, Manager at Best Western Plus Stevenson Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you for your review. The hotel side that faces the residential street can be noisy on occasion and with the construction at Indian Springs and requesting the hill side of the hotel is a wonderful recommendation. My apologies that the morning noise disturbed your relaxation.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Calistoga
UpValley Inn & Hot Springs
Best Western Plus Elm House Inn
EuroSpa & Inn
EuroSpa & Inn
#9 of 15 in Calistoga

Been to Best Western Plus Stevenson Manor? Share your experiences!